Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 2 - Delta 1
Delta scored early in this one as we had a miscommunication between our keeper and defense. We got 2 before the half on goals that should be been finished by our forwards but instead were knocked in off the defense.
Oh well, a win is a win in the standings. Big game to keep us in the hunt for the title.
Delta, i thought, went into panic mode after going down 2-1. Didn't play nearly as controlled a game when they were up.
They pushed hard for a tie at the end. Lots of corners, but no really good chances.

Nice to have our college boys back.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks scores:

GEU 2 - Delta 1
PAU 6 - Whalley 2
Langley 0 - Poco 0
Dewdney 2 - Chilli 0
North Delta 4 - GN 1

I'll have the updated standings in a bit

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated Standings:

# Team PTS
1 Delta Metro United 25
2 Golden Ears United 24
3 Peace Arch United 17
4 North Delta Lions 15
5 Whalley Rangers 14
6 Poco City Dominion 13
7 Chilliwack Rapids 12
8 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 9
9 LUFC United 7
10 GN Sikh United 4

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 2 - Poco 1

We scored about a minute in, then Poco tied it up a minute later. Pretty good game the rest of the night, both sides with lots of chances, and not the usual "foul them to stop the rush" game we've seen from Poco before. Put away another with about 5 left and that was that.

taft

Nov 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2 Dewdney 0

The game started off nicely, good pace and some reasonable attacks, but quickly leveled off for the rest of the game. Dewdney had the first chance to open the scoring with a penalty shot, but couldn't do it. A good stop by myself I must say. Late in the 2nd we opened up the scoring with a cracking shot and followed it up with another not too long after that.

No Delta loss this week. On to chili next.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
chilli 5 - 1 whalley

chilli scored early and controlled the game from start to finish with a few minor lapses including a break down of the wall on a whalley freekick which resulted in their only goal. good game to watch. greenway's going to be broke after tonight...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 3 - GN 0

Pretty easy going match today. Typical game against GN, just soccer no rough stuff no uglyness. Always fun to play T and the boys. ALthough they could have used a sub or two i'm sure.
PNE did a great job in the middle to keep it clean.

We lost a bit of our flow when we made the line change at half and put 6 new guys on but kept a clean sheet for the keeper.

I think we're on to Poco next week.
I think they might be out for some revenge after the last matchup. Then again it's just CAT and nobody cares so, maybe not.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekends scores:

Chilliwack Rapids 5 Whalley Rangers 1
Dewdney FC 0 Delta Metro United 2
Golden Ears United 3 GN Sporting Club 0
LUFC United 5 Peace Arch United 1
North Delta Lions 2 Poco City Dominion 1

Good for Langley to pull out a big win against PAU. Belfast what happened?

Updated Standings:

# Team PTS (Games Played)

1 Delta Metro United 28 (12)
2 Golden Ears United 27 (11)
3 North Delta Lions 18 (11)
4 Peace Arch United 17 (11)
5 Chilliwack Rapids 15 (11)
6 Whalley Rangers 14 (11)
7 Poco City Dominion 13 (10)
8 LUFC United 10 (11)
9 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 9 (11)
10 GN Sikh United 4 (11)

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
chilli 5 - 1 whalley

chilli scored early and controlled the game from start to finish with a few minor lapses including a break down of the wall on a whalley freekick which resulted in their only goal. good game to watch. greenway's going to be broke after tonight...

Not quite sure what game You watched. Granted chilli did win 5-1 after leading 2-0 at half. I would hardly say they controlled the game from start to finish. Had chilli on there heels the last 15-20 of the first half but no finishing touch. Also were suspect on the back line on more than a few occasions. 5 to be exact. Seems like ever since Canucks3c took a piss on here saying "watch out for whalley's big back line" they've been shite. How was the Grey cup Canucks3c?
Classy of chilli to offer Whalley the men's washroom to get our gear while in the comforts of the changeroom.
Whalley was shite today and have no one to blame but themselves. Arryobunk I'll give you our one goal was not the greatest ever scored won't make mention of the 4 other free kicks that didn't even hit the target, or the fact that the ref was a bit of an odd duck that likes the odd goose but chilli didn't control the game from start to finish. None of that shite matters because chilli won 5-1 and earned the points. Hopefully the Whalley lads can get there heads out of there asses before they end up at the bottom of the table. Langley I believe next week. Will they also kick around the Whalley lads like the rest of the league? I hope not.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley is on a bit of a tear.Must have picked up some players or just decided to start playing.
I'd look out for them.
They were the start of our slump this year when we barely pulled a win out of them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Langley is using the Cat league this season as training for the Fraser Valley Summer Bear league. The Tunnel Bandits, or Ass Bandits, or whatever. They take Cat about as seriously as you do with long short selection.

So, yeah, look out guys...Nukes may even take his turn in net this week. :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever it is, they are playing better than the beginning of the season.
Whether they like it or not.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to mention while I was watching the GEU/GN Cat game on the weekend GN had 11 players again with no one to run the line for them so one of the GEU supporters had to run both. Big T your Premier/Cat teams are an embarrasment to the FVSL this year and you guys should really think about dropping down a level or two for next year as this is getting stupid.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two things.

GN with 11 should be praised, not belittled. You don't turn the corner over night, and every little bit of improvement should be praised, especially with a little bit of white on the ground this morning which in years past would be a huge step back. And they were on the road.

Second, the Cat Bandits as they like to be referred to as in winter, have made a minor alteration to their pregame warm-up which seems to have helped. We have now eliminated it.

Dude, I make as many stupid spelling mistakes as the rest, and shake my head when people take a run at someone for it. But Bear (Beer), that's like mis-spelling your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0