Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars FVSL All-Stars 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, my ASS thinks that he should have been selected due to being the only Master this year to score a full (uni)bike against PAU, and that Murray Howes and Todd Bailey should be added. My ASS is well aware that Murray plays for Surrey United. That is a moot point. Oh, and RobJ for concussed back-up.

My ASS also agrees with Guinness being snubbed.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear he scored between 40 and 50 goals this year. Div 2 or not, that is an accomplishment worth recognition isn't it?

that deserves it i guess but then again they did score over 100 goals. I'm sure there's many guys who would have done that too. But alan is a good player so i'm not trying to pull him down. Though i should add i'm pretty sure graham (gt5) scored over 35 for mission when we was in div 2, now he plays for langley prem and scored only a few times, so theres a big difference. however though it's still an accomplishment so congrats.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently padding stats in blow out games in masters and div.2 is how you get it done these days.. bitter, I played great in my 7 games this year.

bj, didnt you score 75% of your teams goals a few years back? Shouldn't that count for some sort of allstar vote? surreyu got voted last year for his prior accomplishments, thus why not you? I recall surreyu only playing 5-7 games for us the year he got his vote......must have been a crazy 5-7 games.:rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Politics...always has been always will be. The players that are middle calibre that make these teams seem to have ties with those that are choosing... coincidence...I doubt. FVSL amateur soccer will always be like that as the importance of "getting along" sometimes overshadows stepping on toes and making the right tough decisions.

Not that I care as I am old/retired and looking from the cheap seats.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it as much about having guys on the squad you know will come out to training and games?

Not to polish JTL's apples, since he has plenty enugh flexibility to do that himself, but at least he has "been there, done that" at the Premier and University levels. If they are looking for a veteran presence for the team, he's a good choice this year. Not tlike they haven't done it in past seasons.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe FVSL 3 - VISL 2 in PK's this weekend out in South Surrey.

Not sure who all showed for either side, but good on the FVSL!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, 3-2 in PK's.

First off, thank you to Thomas Mills and the FVSL for setting this up and allowing me to coach, play and host this event. I can’t fathom anyone not wanting to be apart of a event like this. You only need to be apart of it once to appreciate it, as it’s really a terrific endorsement for the league to show off some of it’s best players, IMO. I know everyone involved was over the moon with the whole thing and why would you turn down a chance to play or coach with some of the leagues best vs the VISL best and a great venue?

Ass kissing aside, it was a wonderful day Saturday… the weather was terrific and the BBQ and sportsmanship between the teams was excellent. The game was pretty entertaining actually... loads of skill on hand. The VISL took the lead about 20 mins in with a jinky little run opening up FVSL midfield a bit and leaving the backs one on one and their striker who smashed it into the bottom corner. They scored again about 10 minutes later on a similar run and shot. The Island had a youthful side who had no fear taking the players on 1 vs 1. They were really quick and played some nice stuff.

We started to gel after the second goal went in and had some good spells of possession and a few great chances. Shaun Calver( Chilliwack) ripped a shot/cross through some legs and off the far post 5 or 10 from half to get us back into the game. Sean Crocker had a couple big rips one the keeper made an outstanding dive to get his hand on it just tipping it off the crossbar. Both teams made some subs at half and I think the game definitely tilted in our favor more but both sides had some excellent chances to score off the counter attacks and set pieces. We leveled mid second on almost literally a 4 touch fast break. Liam Breen (PAU) nicked a ball- quick outlet to Mike Baldwin (Aldergrove) and a terrific through ball slipped between two island players to Sean Crocker (Abbotsford) who slotted it home from 18 with two defenders hanging all over him. Late, both sides threw caution to the wind or more like didn't have the wind to defend ( it’s June FFS) and I think they hit the bar twice and us twice and another wonderful save from the VISL GK who is a freaking monster.

The whole team played well and with a lot of heart. Some notables. Luke Benett (Prt. Moody) in the back worked really hard and scored a PK. Brian Peters (Poco) was trouble early on the out side Mike Baldwin (Aldergrove) was his steady self in the middle as was Mike Short (Chilliwack). Marcos Da Silva (Prt Moody) did well up front and Jackson Reeve (PAU) & Liam Breen (PAU) were good at the back limiting the chances around the box.

There are some great photo's here...

Michael Victory | FVSL vs VISL Allstars

Representing the FVSL this year...

GK -
Gyrish Kiniah (PAU)

Defeenders -
Dave Hleucka (PAU)
Luke Bennett (Prt Moody)
Liam Breen (PAU)
Shaun Calver (Wack)
Jackson Reeve (PAU)

Midfield -
John Collins (PAU)
Keegan Munn (PAU)
Kevin Cameau (Prt Moody)
Mike Short (Whack)
Sean Crocker (Abby)
Brian Peter (Poco)
Mike Baldwin (Aldergrove)
Joe Haley (PAU)

Forwards -
Val Romanchik (Aldergrove)
Corrado Lenzi (PAU)
Marcus Da Silva (Prt Moody)

Coach -
Dave Hleucka

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mike Evans also played for the FVSL side. He had a few chances and set up a few more.

Great day with a wembley like surface!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, sorry Mikey.

Attachments

• ZF-4714-41332-1-004.jpg
    ZF-4714-41332-1-004.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 142
  • ZF-4714-41332-1-005.JPG
    ZF-4714-41332-1-005.JPG