Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Front and centre of the FVSL website

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check out the website if desired at www.fraservalleysoccer.com

Gentlemen, please take note - the following message is very important. It has come to our attention that players are wearing metal cleats on the artificial turf fields. This is not allowed and must stop now before we lose them. Also there is to be no drinking of alcohol at these parks/or any other parks and they are to be vacated no later than 30 minutes after the end of the game. We will lose them if these practices are not stopped immediately. We have been warned by the city that the next letter will result in losing them. You are not allowed on these parks until your allotted time and we request that you use common sense when there are other activities before/after the games. Be respectful to other users, and if there is a problem let us know so we can deal with it. It is hard to get fields and very easy to lose them, so please follow these guidelines. Thank you

30 minutes after the match I'm only two pints deep, what the fcuk are they thinking??? How the hell could I possibly go home early and not have a few after running my bag off??? Isn't that what football is all about??? ;)

GuinnessjustwantedtosharethatnotivcewithTTP

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fair enough guinness but this is a formality post on the website...reminding us to keep a low profile and remember it's a privilege , not an absolute right...so don't fcuk it up for everyone else.

justwon$120atthefatherinlaw'spokergame :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just trying to get a bite in here... You know I would never fcuk it up for anyone!!! ;)

B

Blahzay

Personally I think the whole FVSL website in general is a joke. With close to 100 teams and over 2000 people affiliated with the league, one would expect it to be up to par with the other soccer leagues websites in BC. The VMSL has a weekly report, it lists the golden boot race and the all star team, while the VISL has full player rosters for every team. What really bugs me is that even the RSSL has a more informative site with detailed player statistics. I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m not too interested in reading the home page and being told what time to be in bed on a Saturday night. The discipline report is also pathetic, if a player gets a suspension he deserves to have his actual name shown. I hope the FVSL improves their website in the summer and makes it friendly to its viewers and gives us more information on our local soccer community. Another addition I would like to see is an archive with the history of team and division standings, I find it interesting to see how a team has progressed, or been promoted and relegated over the previous years. Regs I know how much you love the FVSL why don’t you take over as the webmaster?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not the webmaster there that is at fault.

And using the VMSL website as an example... well... way to aim high :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
The discipline report is also pathetic, if a player gets a suspension he deserves to have his actual name shown.

For some reason i do not know, they switched this year to showing the players ID# instead of names which that have been doing for quite some time.
Not sure why, but when you are looking to see how many games you got for breaking a players legs, it's hard to find out unless you know your ID#, and i doubt very many players know what thiers is.

Maybe someone league involved can explain this switch.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I heard happened was somebody had the same name as a guy who was on the discipline report for a big suspension. He wasn't happy to see his name with a big suspension beside it. He felt that it made him look bad if some client or soemthing were to see it and thought it was him. I am not 100% on this but I believe it is what happened.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the FV meeting at the start of the season, and league officials stated they would be using ID #'s instead of names because the new privacy laws. They didnt mention anything about getting sued, but they did say it violates the new laws that are now in place.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are full of shite... There is no privacy law being broken by posting players names on the league website . Players sign up and agree to live by the rules of the league. It maybe that the league has to revise its sign up forms but if you don't want people to know if you are suspended or fined, don't play.

If you took that to its logical conclusion, it would be against the law for anyone to get the players team list (ie a ref) or for anyone to know who the players are. The use of players names is essential for teams and the league to function and for provincial and national competitions. How in the fcuk can opponents know what is going on when they can only see ID numbers? That is a bit of a joke.

Players are registered in FVSL and VMSL and a number of other leagues and that info is plunked in the BC Soccer Assoccer website and computer reports get run in December to check for multiple registrations and suspensions. The Commissioner for Privacy would rule that this info is necessary to run the leagues.

What was an issue for me was the Burnaby Park idiots asking for photocopies of drivers licences and that is against the law as the park allocation process has nothing to do with a player having a driver licence and they have no authority to obtain and file that data. They can ask for addresses though.

How can teams know who is suspended without a program and that makes no sense.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Reccos
How can teams know who is suspended without a program and that makes no sense
I totally (I can't believe I'm about to say this) agree with old reccos here... Names should be posted with the id# beside it so muppets like "Mr. Sensitive" don't feel their rights are being violated... whatever rights they have??? :rolleyes:

FVSL and VMSL are both shite websites that are almost a waste of time viewing... In particular FVSL don't update schedules until the last minute... As far as archives, they haven't bothered to include the last three PAK Cup winners... Same as the actual cup itself!!! :rolleyes:

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
What I heard happened was somebody had the same name as a guy who was on the discipline report for a big suspension. He wasn't happy to see his name with a big suspension beside it. He felt that it made him look bad if some client or soemthing were to see it and thought it was him. I am not 100% on this but I believe it is what happened.

what a FAG!
anyone know his name?
i'll track him down so guiness can go punch him in the nose !?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah the Black Knights...what a grand old team to play for. I hope you like to run your new coach is going to make you gys run into the ground when you try out for the cat team I feel sorry for ya

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic please.
I understand the guys complaint, as stupid as it is, and as usual instead of changing his ways, he thinks everyone else should change theirs. He must be a Black Knight.

Guinness, posting the name and number kinda defeats the purpose of anonimity doesn't it?

How in the fcuk can opponents know what is going on when they can only see ID numbers?

Reccos, pretty sure the discipline report is done for the players and coaches of the respective teams to find out what's going on with cards etc, and not for the other teams in the league to know what's going on with other teams.

Personally, i like the ID# idea because it doesn't allow scouts to see how short a temper i have on the field and how many cards i have. Wouldn't want it to ruin my chances of a pro career.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the long term suspension list should be named, but I can see listing player ID for regular offences. Most of us have played for twenty years or so against pretty much the same guys, I don't need a website to know who the hot heads are. As far as a client checking the shite FVSL website for business purposes... get off the coke and you won't be as paranoid.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0