Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FIFA WYC 2005] Final Argentina 2-1 Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else watch this Saturday morning?

I thought the first PK awarded to the Argies was a bit dodgy, the second one was warranted even though the striker did make a meal of it.

Aside from the tourney itself, I think it's kinda appalling that none of the major websites related to soccer in Canada have really done anything to cover this tourney. Are we not hosting the next one in 2007?

The last thing posted on the CSA website concerning this tourney was when Canada lost to Italy. The BCSA has nothing. The Whitecaps have nothing.

Yes, there you have it. Canada Soccer is in great hands led by visionaries second to none.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched most of the first half....
and what amazed me the most was the skill and speed of these guys.

Granted, the defending wasnt the best...but it sure was fun watching these guys run at each other.

Fun to watch....

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very entertaining game played a blistering pace. Well worth watching. Tons of credit to Nigeria who could of won this game as easily as they lost it. To think these kids were all born after Jan 1 1985 is amazing. Names to watch for in the future, Lionel Messi (ARG) and John Obi Mikel (NIG). Both players very, very good.

Cheers

PS Regs, did you expect anything else from CSA, BCSA or anyone else involved in football at this level.? Canada are so far out of their depth at this level that it is frightening. The gap is widening continually and I think the powers that be would sooner ignore the situation and hope that not too many questions get asked by the people that have elected or agreed to let these individuals run our Provincial and International soccer programs. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Well, when are heads going to roll? For years, those at the top have been able to hide behind the fact that registrations for soccer in this country have been on the rise, that more kids register for soccer than hockey each year...

It appears that for the first time in 10 years, the number of registered soccer players in Canada has not increased significantly (292 more in 2004 than in 2005)... in the youth age category, the numbers have actually decreased.

In BC, the numbers have also dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0