Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA Womens World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive

11427313_10153321095135837_1658343487404120686_o.jpg

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
And, my apologies to MC12, but it wouldn't be TTP without derailments into stuff like this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Imag...GEJHtoAT6yIzoDw&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1716&bih=932

Dude, please refer to team Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, and the U.S. as there are some better choices. They also make many less errors on the field and are more graceful in their movements. AND, they don't feel the need to wear a year's worth of makeup, lashes, etc to play in a soccer game

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I'm drooling. I seem to drool more as I get older, not less. Go figure. I have the same issue w/ Ashleigh MacIvor. Damn you Jay Demerit...

RF, YES! I get that she wants to be a leader, but her free kicks are terrible. Not even close to being acceptable. And McLeod FULL MERIT for her WOTM award. Huge save near the end, and very strong in owning her, erm, box. She has a super strong leg, and she can put the ball into the opposition 18 from her side of center. I'm still not quite sold on Herdman the coach. Herdman the motivator, yes, but Herman the tactician is baffling. He needs to take some of the control back, and give out the assignments. Sophie Schmidt is way more valuable battling for possession than taking the kick. Everyone w/ 1/2 a brain in the stadium could tell, so what can't he see this? Is he giving too much power over to the players, and in turn, is Sophie dominating the others?

@MC12, what say you?
I agree 100%

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the need to wear a year's worth of makeup, lashes, etc to play in a soccer game

Actually, that was the first thing that Señora Trece noticed about many of the teams - "why are so many of the players wearing eye makeup?" Then again, she is a swimming/water polo type, so the whole idea of putting makeup on before you play is nuts to her. Not solely the Canadian team doing this, either...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, it's their chance to take center stage. If you've got it, flaunt it, especially if it can help later on.

Besides, TOO MANY of the Caps, and players worldwide for that matter, are guilty of this and more. It's not just women.

That said, I'll gladly look around...

:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I laughed about the gravel too.

Days upon days upon days of my youth spent training on that shite.

Give me the new turf ANY DAY over those gravel pitches for training...

BoysClubandMackieParkforever

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most of the girls at this WC are lovely, but there is one women I hate out there and it's Abby Wambach. First she's complaining about the turf, now it's the refs. US team get 2 pks awarded for them and a red card to their opponents, but there's Abby mouthing off after the game about how the ref targeted the US players that were on suspension watch and purposely gave them yellows. Give me a f'ing break. Much like the rest of us the ref probably doesn't even know the difference between a Rampone and a Rapinoe. Wambach needs to shut her mouth and practice her pks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't like that post enough @dezza !

I saw a tweet where someone said she probably blamed the turf for being offside on the goal called back in the first half last night :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most of the girls at this WC are lovely, but there is one women I hate out there and it's Abby Wambach. First she's complaining about the turf, now it's the refs. US team get 2 pks awarded for them and a red card to their opponents, but there's Abby mouthing off after the game about how the ref targeted the US players that were on suspension watch and purposely gave them yellows. Give me a f'ing break. Much like the rest of us the ref probably doesn't even know the difference between a Rampone and a Rapinoe. Wambach needs to shut her mouth and practice her pks.

Shouldn't she be suspended for commenting about refereeing?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone check out the Japan/Dutch game yesterday? The Japanese scored an incredible goal in the game but did anyone else feel that the Dutch goal late in the game seemed shady? The keeper's attempt to save it looked an awful lot like she wasn't "trying her best" let's just say.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, she didn't even move her arm AFTER the ball hit it... dodgy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0