Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fernando!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally a result for LFC

2-0 with Torres getting both in the 89th & 90th?!?!?

I see Lampard was sent off in the 60th and Terry received a yellow also in the 60th - did anyone see the match?

What happened?

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lampard's sending off was a joke - surely to be rescinded when Riley sees the replay - on the whole Liverpool were the better side of the two - Chelsea offered nothing going forward both Anelka and when he cam on Drogba were poor. As I said Liverpool were the better side and possibly deserved the points however I think that the sending off contributed to the result as Liverpool finally wore Chelsea down. Other notables - Ballack was awful and Boswinga will surely be banned after the 6 studded challenge to the back by the corner flag.

Having watched this game United look head and shoulders of both with the qaulity of their squad - too many average players on show today giving the ball away cheaply

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally a result for LFC

2-0 with Torres getting both in the 89th & 90th?!?!?

I see Lampard was sent off in the 60th and Terry received a yellow also in the 60th - did anyone see the match?

What happened?

Dodgy red. looked ugly, Lampard studs up but to his defense, ball was off the ground and Alonso (3rd time this year drawing a red) was a bit exposed. Mike Riley, ref, did not have the best view as he was standing looking at the play over Lampards shoulder. That said, it happens and at full speed looked very ugly. 2 or 3 replays later, different story. Terry for dissent in the scrum after.

Must admit had zero confidence LFC would score based on their recent run. They deserved the win as I cannot remember a big 4 coming into Anfield and playing with so little push offensively.

It's United's to lose unfortunately. Awful January, that said, nice to see Anfield rocking again.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dodgy red. looked ugly, Lampard studs up but to his defense, ball was off the ground and Alonso (3rd time this year drawing a red) was a bit exposed. Mike Riley, ref, did not have the best view as he was standing looking at the play over Lampards shoulder. That said, it happens and at full speed looked very ugly. 2 or 3 replays later, different story. Terry for dissent in the scrum after.

Must admit had zero confidence LFC would score based on their recent run. They deserved the win as I cannot remember a big 4 coming into Anfield and playing with so little push offensively.

It's United's to lose unfortunately. Awful January, that said, nice to see Anfield rocking again.

Agreed red card was undeserved (much like a penalty in same fixture that had a ref suspended). The universe has some balance I suppose.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
riley has been one of the top ref's for many years with only the odd blip ( usually large and important ) but man was he shocking in this game.
i agree with all the above about the red card but w.t.f. was that in the corner about 86/87 mins
one of our guys was killing time at the corner flag with a blue on his shoulder then along comes a second blue , put's his studs in his lower back and shoves him into touch. the liner is 3 feet away and flag's like mad and riley waves him off and gives a throw to chelsea.
there has got to be an inquirey into this :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0