Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Nationwide News 2003 / 2004

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry lads, need a new thread here due to some unfortunate relegation issues at the end of last season. I almost posted in the existing Premiership thread but realized how my fellow TTP'ers would be posting subtle reminders about the Hammers with some serious piss taking.

Anyway, hopefully a few lads will follow this thread so I've started it.

Well done to Roeder and the boys for a good start to the campaign. Some early nerves from the young Hammers gave us a few nightmares and "Calamity" was up to his usual tricks by coming for crosses that he had no business coming for. Errington, Connolly and Mellor making their first appearance in the claret & blue seemed to settle in early, with the Irish lad notching the winner after some good work by Defoe.

It will be interesting to see how the club handles the departure of all the big guns. Hopefully with the money, they will be able to buy a defender or two. Losing Glen Johnson was huge. He was the only defender we had that was Premiership material.

Good luck to the lads for the rest of the campaign. I'm sure the controversy is far from over and if Defoe goes to United things could get ugly in real hurry.

PNE, if your lurking, what was your take on the game..?

Cheers

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad news.

English season kick-off marred by tragedy
First Published: Aug 09, 2003

The kick-off to the 2003/04 English football season was overshadowed by the tragic death of 21-year-old player Jimmy Davis on his way to his first match for Watford.

Davis, a Manchester United reserve striker, had been due to begin a one-year loan spell at Watford in the first division match against Coventry.

The match was postponed less than two hours before kick-off after Davis was killed in a car accident on his way to Vicarage Road.

The young striker was a former England youth international who had been sent to Watford to gain first team experience.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "You could not meet a nicer and more bubbly character than Jimmy Davis. He was a player with real potential, that's why we had sent him to Watford. At 21 he had great promise. We are all really sad. It is terrible news."

Bromsgrove-born Davis signed trainee forms with United on 6 July 1999, before turning professional the next month. He came through the ranks at Old Trafford, and had been preparing to spend the season on loan at Watford with his good friend Danny Webber.

Willie Carson, former top jockey and now chairman of English Second Division side Swindon Town, was devastated by the news after having Davis on loan last term.

"He was a smashing kid, a little guy like me (only five foot five inches) and I am sure like me, everybody at Swindon will be devastated," said a tearful Carson, who was at Ascot for the Rest of the World against Britain and Ireland jockeys challenge.

"We wanted him back this season but United thought so much of him that they told him to move up a division.

"I always recollect going down to the bench after the first-half of a match last season when he had to go off injured and there he was hitting the side of the dugout frustrated at not being able to help out his team-mates.

"It is so sad he was such a young guy," Carson told the BBC.

He was a regular for the United Reserve team having risen through the Under-19 team at Old Trafford. His senior United debut came on 5 November 2001, away to Arsenal in a Worthington Cup tie.

Earlier Saturday it was announced that former Blackburn manager Ray Harford had died at the age of 58 after losing his battle against cancer.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEST HAM 0 SHEFF UTD. 0

By all accounts, a very uninspiring performance by the Hammers in their home opener at Upton Park. The fans expressing their disgust at the summer car boot sale by chanting for Brown's resignation and booing the lads off the park at the end of the game.
This isn't going to be easy season to be playing at home for the boys. Our fans are very loyal but are very critical and abusive if things are going their way. Kevin Horlock returned to Upton park with a decent performance but ended up playing left back after Brevett went off injured.
Hopefully when everybody gets healthy we can get into stride and put in some good performances and put the points up on the board.

On another note, good to see fellow Londoner's Millwall and Crystal Palace getting off to a good start.

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: what??????????

Originally posted by Fastshow
What kind of Hammers fan are you?

One that seems to be posting for my own benefit. This has got to be the loneliest thread on TTP... ;)

Cheers

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
idea......

Seeing as Millwall is the closest cub to where I live and given your friendly attitude towards the loveable and hugely misunderstood rogues from the New Den, perhaps it would liven things up for you were I to invite a few locals on to ttp to chat with you in here? All they'd need do is nick a pc (can't see them having any problem with that) and hack out their monosyllabic replies in response to your good wishes (their probation officers might be able to assist on that score).

I'll see what I can do.

You should come over for the Hammers-Millwall derby, I'm sure your well wishing would go down a storm.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICF

Sorry mate, I'm not one of those ICF nutters who throws Millwall supporters off of trains and the such like. I had some good friends who played at Millwall when I was playing so I apologize for the confusion.

However, the derby game should be a cracker..!!

Cheers

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammers sack Roeder.

West Ham sack Roeder

Glenn Roeder has had his contract terminated with immediate effect by West Ham.

Trevor Brooking, who filled in when Roeder underwent surgery last season on a brain tumour, will take over as caretaker boss.

Roeder returned to work at Upton Park in the summer following the club's relegation from the Premiership.

West Ham started the season with a win at Preston but defeat on Saturday at Rotherham has been followed by him receiving the sack.

A statement on the Hammers' official website read: "West Ham United wish to announce that Glenn Roeder's contract has been terminated with immediate effect and he has been relieved of his duties as team manager.

"The board would like to place on record their gratitude to Glenn for his hard work and commitment to the club since his permanent appointment in June 2001.

"This was demonstrated by his desire to return to active duty so quickly after his recent illness and I am sure all supporters recognise how dedicated he was to the club.

"The board however feel that following relegation to the First Division, the club's best chance of returning to the Premiership at the first attempt would be enhanced by a change of manager."

"Trevor Brooking CBE will once again act as caretaker manager until such time as a permanent successor is appointed.

"Interviews will begin immediately and Glenn's successor will be appointed in due course.

"Until that time the board has complete confidence in Trevor's ability to manage the team starting at home on Tuesday night against Bradford City."

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roeder Out.

Unfortunately for Glenn it was just a matter of time. I'm glad to see the board didn't do it until he had a chance to make a full recovery from his surgery, but the writing was definitely on the wall.
Glenn's heart was in the right place and he wanted nothing more than to see the Hammers succeed. For West Ham, the timing is right as we are early in the campaign. Hopefully a new manager will be appointed soon. Brooking is not the answer long term, but I'm sure he wil do just fine in the interim.

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WELL DONE TREV

Congrats to Trevor and the lads for coming back with a win against Bradford after a very disappointing effort at Rotherham. Defoe's goal was an absolute cracker.:cool:

On to Ipswich on Saturday.

Cheers. :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
genius.......

The best press conference ever?

Here's QPR's Ian Holloway in the press conference after the team's 3-0 win over Chesterfield:

"To put it in gentleman’s terms: if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird, but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren't the best looking lady we ended up taking home, but she was very pleasant and
very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee."

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Ham 1 Reading 0

With two caretaker managers in place for this game due to the conflicts with Alan Pardew, the Hammers boss came out on top. It was Christian Dailly with the winner early in the first half that kept Brookings unbeaten record intact. Hopefully we can build on this and continue to put points on the board as we push for a return to the Premiership.

Cheers

popbitch

Sep 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robbie Savage you gypsy welsh twat

Blackpool 1 Birmingham 0.Now thats a result!If its not tangerine it's not football.Let's carry tuesdays form on to the weekend.Bring on Notts County.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bradford 1 West Ham 2

Good result away from home. Bobby Zamora with his first goal in his first game for the Hammers. Harewood continuing to score for us as well. Puts us in fourth spot right now with the Ipswich v. Wigan game a late kick off. Sheff Utd and West Brom both losing. Well done PNE - great result for you and us.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0