Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill/Freeride 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone up for Whistler on Monday or Tuesday or are you all whoring yourselves at work? I got my seasons pass for WBP last week and have been up there three times (counting the one time w/ Dude). I am honing my skills among other things.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm up Saturday Spud, and unfortunately in the States most of next week.

Come up Saturday, and I'll show you Garbonzo. :rolleyes:

I know, that sounds sick, but it's actually another part of the park.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, can't. Work and soccer. Maybe I'll check out Cypress on Friday instead. Have you heard anything about it?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of mixed reviews on NSMB. I think you'd like it...hopefully they have a few more runs ready to open tomorrow.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Potatoe, Notty and whoever else can go.

Whistler tomorrow. Do it.

thedude, Dude, and I had a great ride out at the Woodlot last week. The weather was great. I took Dude up to a super secret flowy trail called Dinsdale Piranah up top. The push up was a bitch, but it was well worth it. From there we hit some more natural flowy stuff at Goldmine. Then into some stunty stuff at Snakes and Ladders. A short blast on Quick Hit where thedude and I held a short ESC meeting. Then it was on to Shotgun and down to the cars.

All in all a rather enjoyable ride. It was nice to ride the Woodlot and not here a bit of bitching from that bitch Dude. Good times.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been a while. That ride up the Woodlot was a lot more fun for one reason: riding, not hiking. I'll never bring my big bike up there again.

Well, after three out of four days riding Whistler BP, I'm a little beat-up. All three days we pretty much spent the entire time up on the Garbonzo half of the hill. Very dry runs, very well groomed, and very frightening in some sections. The double blacks put anything in the lower park to shame. Long rock faces, gnarly shale sections, and steep slopes. Original Sin - Goat's Gully -Captain Safety - In Deep - Fatcrobat - D1 may be the toughest line anywhere, down any mountain...with the exception of some of Cypress. Especially Goat's Gully. A couple of very scary, tight, rocky, and steep switchbacks. Consider riding by if you're having a bad day. Tons of fun though when ridden clean.

For something tamer, try the No Joke lines, mixed in w/ Freight Train & the Duffs (Duffman, No Duff). This will still challenge, but won't soil your shorts.

Up at Silverstar and Sun Peaks this weekend...I'll take a camera.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tired. So very, very tired...

Well, last week, Mike Wilby and I decided that we were going to take off Friday for Vernon, ride Silverstar Saturday, get to Sun Peaks Saturday night, and ride Sun Peaks Sunday.

Awesome weekend...what was originally planned for 8 or 9 was only two, but what great conditions, and great trails.

Silverstar is not as extensive as Sun Peaks, or certainly Whistler, but they have a very fun bike park there, and a couple of trails with some unique, difficult features. One section featured two long wall rides...about 50' for one, maybe 30' for the other. Other sections of these trails featured step-down style drops off of ladders, and plenty of steep, natural, very dusty flow. They have a jump, A-Line style run called "Rock Star" that would be fun for dirt jumpers, and that Wilby absolutely nailed, but wasn't so kind on me and my ailing back. The little village there is busy and accommodating to riders. They have a great formula. Two flats for me about summed up the mechanicals. No crashes or injuries, so we got out of there unscathed, and dehydrated from the heat. About 35 degrees...

We got to Sun Peaks about 9:00 after riding all day at Silverstar. Dinner, and a couple of drinks, then we both crashed by midnight. 6:30 wake-up call, and tee-off at 7:00 to play 18, including the newly opened back 9. The back nine at the Sun Peaks course is a blast for long ball strikers...wide open, dry, hard fairways. Great way to start the day, then on the hill by 12:30, and rode till 5:00.

As always, Sun Peaks will challenge the best. The trails of the day were High Octane (BC Cup Course) and Honey Drop- both double back. HO really is a blast, and a very challenging DH course. It will claim it's share of victims during BC Cup. Very technical with tight, steep switchbacks (like Cypress) in some areas. Lots of shale. This leads to a wide open fire road straightaway (with creek gap), to fast flowy arm pump section. The final 1/4 will murder riders unless they can somehow fill in the stutter bumps on the single track...way too bumpy, and killer on a tired body. Honey Drop is pure old school, steep and dusty as hell. Bring your surfboard.

Took one run down Insanity 1. Can't believe I raced this a couple of years back. Still a tone of fun, but they changed up the "Twisted Sister" section. Somehow, they made it harder! The ladder entry into the shale chute is suicidal, plain and simple. Survived one run down there, and we were just fine in giving it a miss for the rest of the day.

No medicals, and again only two flats on Wilby's rig for mechanicals. I have a broken spoke as well after casing a gap, but no major problems.

Home by 10:30 last night, and thoroughly beat. Got the message that training starts this week at LUFC, so I feel that my DH rig may go untouched for the rest of the year...but if that's how I'm going to finish the season, I am 100% satisfied. Probably the single best riding weekend I've ever had!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic

So the other day, Tim and I headed up to Seymore for a ride. Got to the CBC parking lot at around 11am. 14 degrees and sunny. It was magical.

First up was CBC. It had rained quite hard two days before so I figured the trail would be quite wet and tricky. It was in great shape. All the work that has been done on it over the summer has helped the trail out a lot. TheRob's skinny game was on, so I enjoyed the top two thirds of the trail. The bottom third doesn't do much for me though.

After CBC we decided that we would try to find Dirty Diapers. We ventured down TNT to the Cabin Trail where we got semi lost. We did a bit of hiking around and eventually found DD about 45 minutes later. It was worth the wait. This is a fun trail. Some cool ladders. One 5-6ft dorp, and a huge fallen old growth cedar that has been turned into a log ride. Wicked trail.

It dumps you out on to Neds just after the first creek crossing. Us, not knwing how far down Neds in came out, parked at the Old Buck lot. That meant hike-a-bike up Neds. Not fun.

Next up was the new trail Salvation. It isn't done yet, but man are there some fun features on it. 10' high skinnies to a downhill log ride with a 6' gap at the end. Lovely.

On to Pingu/Pangor/Empress to end the day. By the time we got to the bottom the temp. had spiked to 22 degrees. Now you have to remember that this is the end of October. Unreal.

Good ride. Next up; Woodlot on Saturday. Who's coming?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What day was this again?

Going up SFU today for an easy XC ride, to try and recover from the KNVB toture session.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's that time again.

Next Friday the Third Annual Rememberance Day ride up Mt. Fromme is on. Who is in? New twist this year. Climb in the dark, and then ride at the crack of dawn. TheRob needs to be home by 10:30am. :eek:

Potatoe? Notty? Dude?

Who's in?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tradition dictates that we ride Fromme on Nov. 11th. You still in?

Potatoe?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta say, not sure I'm that desperate to ride.

Rob: you need to get clearance to stay out past noon.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 2:25 PM
To: Michael Meade; Dean Wilkes; timbo@mtnbike.ca
Cc: Darren Nott
Subject: The 3rd Annual Remeberance Day Ride

So I guess we are a go for Fromme. I just need to get clearence from the boss. Either way, you guys will be going.

So I just checked the almanac. The sun comes up on the 11th at around 7:12am. If we are climbing by 6:15-6:30, that will give us plenty of time to get up and down and get me home by 10:30.

I'm going to call John and see if he wants to come. I'll forward this on to Notty as well.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Tradition dictates that we ride Fromme on Nov. 11th. You still in?

Potatoe?

It is possible but let me weigh the pros and cons.

Pros

It is fun riding a bike down a mountain

Cons

Climbing by 6:5am!
CLIMBING by 6:15am!!
Last time I did Fromme it kicked my ass.
Ain't no pubs open at 10:00am for after ride piss-up.
Sleeping in is fun too.
Chance of really fcuking-up already injured groin.

Have to say I'm a little undecided at this moment.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Potatoe, Dude, Notty.

Woodlot @ 8am Saturday. Who's in?

Karpenter/Blood Donor/Giant Killer/Snakes/Hoots/Shotgun.

Sweet.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't. I'll be spending some quality time in the outdoors with the bird. I mean, cough, I'll be at the strip bar with the guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0