Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill/Freeride 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new thread for an addiction, that for some, is worse than, say, donuts. Good example.

Here is how TheRob's last three days went.

Saturday: Mt. Harper in Kamloops. It's a shuttle with a short but VERY steep push at the top. My brother in law, his GF and I pushed up, suited up, and headed down. Only to find trucks parked at the trailhead. No need to push. My brother in law is a wanker. Anyhow, Harper was cool. There are a ton of trails on that mountain with some really cool stunts, including this one that I rode:

http://www.trailpeak.com/content/trails/Canada/BC/786/topo_spiral.jpg

That evening I rode the un-opened Kamloops Bike Park. Think Whistlers A-Line with tables three times as big. The riders in the Loops are lucky their city is building them such a fun playground. It will be incredible when it is finished.

Sunday: We hit up Rose Hill before I left. It was 36 degrees so its a good thing it was a shuttle. Rose is Ok. The only thing is everything is big. Really big. For example, this is a hit near the top. BIG:

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=438910

Monday: Seymour with Dude and Greenspringer. We rode CBC/Corkscrew/Pingu/Pangor/Empress, and then back up to CBC/Incline/Neds. It was in great shape and one of the funnest rides that I have had in a long time. It was nice and cool up top and the trails werre in brilliant condition. Definitely good times.

I'm taking today off but I will be up at the Woodlot tomorrow and Thursday and I was thinking about a ride on Fromme Friday after work if anyone is interested.

You've created a monster Dude and thedude. I don't see my family anymore.:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday was fun, for sure, but me thinks I brought the wrong bike. I don't like manhandling the beast in that cross country trail (Team Pangor).

CBC: yes, primed. Very nice.

Whistler Report.

Link above for new BP news. Cypress opens in one month...should be great.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any of you Nippleheads (capital n) going up to Whistler on Friday or Monday? I am a WBP virgin you know. Hell, even Beaker has caught some air up there. If you call that jump off the sidewalk getting air. Fcuk, after that my grandma called me up and asked if KNVB wanted to borrow some real balls.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm up there Friday, riding from about 2-6, then again Saturday (hangover pending) from about 1-3 or 4.

You going up Spud?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to. I would have to get an emergency tuneup on my bike on Thursday and make up a good lie, er, excuse to my girl for bailing on her but the possibilities abound.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Po-tay-to,

I heard y ou hit Whistler up on Friday. What did you think of it?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was rocking like a Morroccan. Very cool. I have today off as well and may head up there so I can enhance my skills and impress girls in the near future. A-line was wicked and addictive. I had a few painful wipeouts but kept them to a minimum thankfully. Did that drop KNVB did but with my eyes closed, backwards and a chimpanzee suit on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a tamer day than many on the hill, as most runs were closed...but Dap got in some good warm-ups, and was ready to try the super highway when I got there. Did well, and did do that gap drop with narry a look. Overall, a fun four runs, then the beer, and eventually my gong show of a stag party was calling me away.

Three runs only on Saturday on account of trying to ride with stomach rot and the shakes.

I will likely be taking off for a day trip next Thursday to hook up with the crew from Maui, if anyone is interested in a mid week ride.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are they going to want the Woodlot Grand Tour?

Notty is back. He's going to need to get up to Whistler soon to excersise those demons.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No woodlot. They asked me for a list of recommendations, and that one fell a bit off the charts.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Notty, apparently Jennifer Garner was 'making eyes' at him yesterday morning in Deep Cove... no word as of yet if she's gotten his note on her windsheild at the golf course :D

Love stories,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say one thing about the big softie, if that is to be the last pick-up in our hero's infamous record book, that's one hell of a good one!

~Bird's love staklers...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap, including the red vest and a beanie? Where did you put your accordion? Brilliant. I didn't say the drop was hard just different. Did Dude buy you a case of Moose Head too? Or was he busy given the Moose ...err head. Brillaint.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stalkers. That's stalkers.

It was Pilsner, and I didn't make that bet with him, as I knew he'd do it for the love of the game.

As for the Moose, she showed up later that night, about 3:30 AM to be exact, and it cost us $50.00 just to get her to leave. That's a different story, though.

Didn't know the red beanie was part of some sort of a costume.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ow ow ow ow ow.

Ow.

Went back up to WBP yesterday. Had a nice day riding by mahself. Practiced some bigger drops and stuff but didn't go too hard as there was no one to pick up the pieces if I turfed myself too badly. They're open 'til mid October up there I hear. Maybe I should get a pass. And some Marzochi 66 single crowns. They're only about $1000. It's either them or a couch. Who needs a couch though, really. What am I gonna do, sit on it and watch t.v.? Nah. Although I couch with bright blue ground effects would be kind of cool.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garbonzo opens his weekend for weekends until the 25th. Can't wait to hit it up.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, there is a thread today on NSMB started by Gearwhore where one of the Whistler locals says so. I think he works at the BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0