Div 3 Div 3 - 2018/19

Discussion in 'FVSL' started by Highlanders12, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Highlanders12

Highlanders12 New Member

Est:
    Oct 1, 2017
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $20.00
    Yep. He claimed the lights were going to go off too early, but they remained on for 30 minutes after he ended the game.

Tale of two halves. Once we got it to 4-3 (plus a disallowed goal that was a good 2 feet over the goal line), Westcoast seemed to panic. Unfortunately we had to throw everybody forward 10 minutes earlier than we should have, and they caught us on the break to open the 2 goal lead again.

We created our own hole, but the ref really didn’t give us much chance to get ourselves out of it.

2. BigBadRedBull16

Est:
    Jan 31, 2017
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $20.00
    SAFC Hawks 4 - WestCoast Celtic 0... I think was the final.

3. midman

midman Member

Est:
    Oct 15, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $175.50
    Highlanders 4-2 Guildford. We went up 1-0 15min on a beaury bike from our winger from just inside the box. Their one guy up front, the only quality player on their team, burned us for two quick ones before we were able to contain him for the rest of the game. We leveled before half with about 70% of the possession. Their keep made a number of decent saves and some of our finishing was sub par. We owned most of the second half as well and got two more for the win. If you can contain their Golden Boot candidate they have nothing else. Big game with Rockets next week.

4. BigBadRedBull16

Est:
    Jan 31, 2017
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $20.00
    SAFC 2 - TWU 0

Their keeper was splendid. No excuse on our part but missing both our keepers, 2/4 of our starting D line. 2 other starters to injury from previous game and myself and another starter were at our D1 game and had to come late. Was 0-0 when I showed up. Good effort from TWU, even though they’re winless to this point I’m sure they can upset a team or two if they didn’t take them serious going into the match.

5. giggscored

giggscored New Member

Est:
    Oct 11, 2004
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    How are you all finding the officiating this year?

Ours started with some bad and even terrifying refs who really lost any control and allowed for some really violent play go, then the last three games we have had really good refs.
    To be clear my expectations for a good ref is managing the game and maintaining a flow. Obviously a ref with no linesman is going to miss some plays in a game and I find that acceptable, particularly when they own it.

6. BigBadRedBull16

Est:
    Jan 31, 2017
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $20.00
    1-0 over Poco fc unicorns don’t know how the game went after 35 min mark as I had to leave to our D1 game but we were all over them when I left. Seems things changed for our boys with it coming to a closer finish then they wanted.

7. wc.Celtic

wc.Celtic Member

Est:
    Oct 8, 2012
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Couple better results for us these past 2 weeks after a real bad stretch.
    Went back to basics and trying to actually defend. Quite an innovative idea, figured we'd give it a try.

Not sure how Guildford has gotten the results they have...not a good team.

8. ausc

ausc New Member

Est:
    Nov 1, 2014
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $120.00
    ND 91’s 3-0 LUSA C

First off, I’m a Langley boy, but it was much more of a 1-0 than a 3-0 game. 91’s first goal was a ridiculous deflection off our cb and their second was from the spot on a meh call.

Anyone else had Jianu as a ref before? Guy has to be one of the worst refs i’ve seen.

#68 ausc, Nov 10, 2018 at 9:14 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 9:19 PM
  9. midman

midman Member

Est:
    Oct 15, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $175.50
    Westcoast Strikers 1-1 Highlanders. Strikers are a good team that pass the ball around quite well. They like to shoot from distance and would probably have more success if they attempted to penetrate our back line a little more. Their goal was a bullet from 25 yards out that took a deflection on its way through and caught our keeper. We scored shortly after on a rebound from a free kick from just outside the box. 1-1 at half. We almost got another if not for the post and the cross bar. They had more of the ball throughout the night, but we held them and countered well enough to out chance them. Sure could have used the three points but a draw was a fair result.