Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2C - Who'll be on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickyfingers

Sep 9, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
KH drinks and lies. He can't be trusted. He eats too many cheese burgers. He's kind of like Randy from the Trailer Park Boys, but has less friends.

Yer one to talk dickhead, we give him a bad time because he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet... to fcuking nice for his own good, plus he thinks he's David Beckham wanker.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leave me out of this, Coachmen and Celtic are great div2 teams, with older former Premier guys and I'm glad we don't have to play them we had our hands full withh ACBC in cup play and I think with ghouse running that team it will on be a matter of time before they move up to div1, I haven't seen the Coquitlam team play yet so I have no comment on them.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
stickyfingers said:
Yer one to talk dickhead, we give him a bad time because he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet... to fcuking nice for his own good, plus he thinks he's David Beckham wanker.

Take it easy... I meant it all in good fun. Besides, KH knows how to dish it out and take it well.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stickyfingers said:
Stay on topic jackass the reason we beat, N.coq we had a full team the reason Aldergrove beat us three times in a row now, going back to last is we didn't ahve a full line up against them, but saying that Aldergrove are the way better then N.coquitlam. G'rove would have probably beat us anyway just not as bad, as far as 2c Celtic will win the group but ACBC will begiven the promtion as Celtic don't want it, from what That fat idiot Hector told me.

The only thing clear and understandable about this post is that you Sticky, are full of excuses.

As far as I know the Celtic have never rejected promotion, have we?
I dont know what we would do this year if we happen to win our division. The Celtic are a good Div 2 team at this point, but considering how old we are, some of our injuries, lack or no outdoor training facility and how close a lot of our games have been this year and last, I think the Celtic are in the proper division. If we had the record of the COACHMEN, I think it would be an easy decision. They have stacked their team to the point they could be a decent div 1 team. It would be difficult if I was a coachman to argue to stay in div 2 on the basis of players or I will quit if we move up.
Maybe Div 2 a,b,c should combine and make 2 or 3 different levels of div2, with A being better than b and so on.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame,

You raise some valid points. I don't think there is too much difference between the Coachmen and the Celtics. The main difference in results this year is that 2C is a much tougher division than 2B. You guys have 2 possibly 3 quality teams that could all play in Div. 1. Even the weaker teams in Div. 2C can give the good teams a good run occasionally. That doesn't happen in 2B.

I agree, like I have said before Div. 2 should have 3 tiers. Move all the better teams to 2A, middle teams to 2B and lower finishing teams to 2C. Then all teams will be competitive every week. Still combine all teams in cup and still have promotion and demotion within 2. I think that works great for everybody.

JTL

Coquitlam_Arsenal

Jan 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you jack,,,, but some of the teams are a helluva long ways drive here and there right? The good thing about this set up is that in 2C, there's like 3-4 teams that are in the same geographical area. Thus on a sunday night we're not having to travel 3/4ers to the tsawassen ferry terminal. Playing Div 2 is good for the people that want to have fun competitively with a lot less 'politics."

Coquitlam_Arsenal

Jan 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 2C

Jack The Lad said:
Wow, that's very surprising considering your user name. Way to enlighten us.

Celtics will win Div. 2C by 5 or 6 points. Arsenal will get eliminated by the Poco Royals in the first round of the cup. Coachmen to win the cup.

JTL

I believe that the score was 4-0 for the Arsenal in this game... great prediction JTL.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job Arsenal. I was hoping to watch the game but that other team wouldn't get off of the field and I didn't want to wait anymore. Good result for you guys. Hopefully we get a chance to play you guys in the near future. I think it would be a good match.

JTL

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:
Aldergrove will win 2A and be promoted (out on a limb here I know)
Coachmen will win 2B but Poco Royals will end up in 2nd, and thus promoted...(wait for it) However, this may all backfire on the Coach with the knew rule that was put on the FVSL web site at the start of the year, where the top teams WILL be promoted.
No playoff this time.
Coq. will win 2C. Celtic haven't the skill nor the fitness to compete with them. They have 3 games in hand on us which are no contest for them, so even if we split against them, they'll take 1st and promotion. Our ties against shite teams killed us. So all this banter about turning down promotion is moot. And it may backfire on the Coachmen. JTL.... I'd check with the league about the new promotion rules... you may have to go up, regardless of losing players if you do. If I were running the league, I'd force that issue. Nothing say's you can't fold, then apply into div. 3... but again, if I were running the league, your application would be denied. So, my advice would be to "not play well" in a few games to ensure staying in 2nd. (I'm not saying that's what the Celtic plan on doing, if we lose any, it will be because we can't compete against the stronger 2C teams.)

ACBC, you were your own demise. A dismal start cost you the league. No way you can overtake the Arsenal. Unless the league ends now. They're 1 point back, with 5 games in hand. They have a much easier schedule to come as well.

The Coachmen WILL win the cup over the Arsenal. (if they meet before the final, the winner of this game will take it.)

Franchise: I'll let you know why STD didn't put in the 2 games the Nats beat us... actually, just go here: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/standings/06.htm
It should explain things.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, you make some very valid points. Congratulations on getting over your addiction to battery chemicals. I don't think the league can force a team to move up. The FVSL or the VMSL have never done so in the past. We haven't officially won the league yet but it looks likely and we will vote at the end of the season on whether or not move up. One question is why wouldn't the FVSL want to keep us in Div. 2 and that way they will have strong representation at the 2nd tier provincials which they haven't seemed to have had in recent years.

Bottom line, if the team votes to stay in Div. 2 and the FVSL want to remove us then we will move to the VMSL. We just want to have fun and drink a few beers after the game. I must admit they always taste better and go down easier after a win.

Last point regarding the cup - Coachmen over Arsenal in the final or prior if need be.

JTL

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Guru, you make some very valid points. Congratulations on getting over your addiction to battery chemicals.
Who said I was over them?!
Jack The Lad said:
I don't think the league can force a team to move up. The FVSL or the VMSL have never done so in the past. We haven't officially won the league yet but it looks likely and we will vote at the end of the season on whether or not move up.
They can't force, but they can tell you move or you're gone. The point I was making was that I read at the beginning of the season on the main page that the new promotion/relegation rules were that teams winning their group "will" be promoted... that was the wording... whether they 'mean' that or not remains to be seen. we were asked at the end of last season if we wanted to be promoted, and the team voted that they wanted to play the round robin. We lost, end of story... we did not move up because we lost, not because we turned it down. (contrary to what people are saying).
Jack The Lad said:
One question is why wouldn't the FVSL want to keep us in Div. 2 and that way they will have strong representation at the 2nd tier provincials which they haven't seemed to have had in recent years.
I don't think that's relevant. Good cup representation is secondary to "sticking to the rules" if the rule is, the winner moves up, there should be no exception. A rule is a rule, and to bend it is to lose respect. I think the FVSL is in need of respect. Neil Fuge was unbending in any rule, whether he believed it to be right or not.... we need many more "Neils" in this league.
Jack The Lad said:
Bottom line, if the team votes to stay in Div. 2 and the FVSL want to remove us then we will move to the VMSL.
No you won't... far too much driving for you, a home park will be miles from your home, instead of seconds. The fields are TERRIBLE! Far too many posers in that league, and you're no further off going there than going back to Div. 3 in the Valley.

Jack The Lad said:
We just want to have fun and drink a few beers after the game. I must admit they always taste better and go down easier after a win.
No different than us. You have the same age group of players, and the majority have all played (and still could if they desired) to play in premier. No question. I think to move up to Div 1, you have to be hungry to "advance". I think what everyone here is missing, is that that hunger changes from trying to be in the top division, to just wanting to play competitive ball, but not have to chase around a bunch of keeners... To move to Div. 1 may seem the logical step, because you'd do ok there, but that's not the motivation. The motivation is to have beer and be with old mates. If you moved to Div 1, the competition is that much greater in the upper end, and the fun goes out and is taken over by the competitive nature of the kids trying to advance to Premier... With that in mind, let the 2nd place team move up, if it's thier ambition to advance.

Jack The Lad said:
Last point regarding the cup - Coachmen over Arsenal in the final or prior if need be.

JTL
I already said that.... make your own prediction... twat.... also... KNVB was right.... you are a cnut, and we both want bendy pens! I think I earned mine!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
linden said:
ACBC has a definite shot at beating Coachmen!!!

Linden
I'd have to agree with you... but the "shot", is a long shot. The Nats had a shot at beating the Celtic, and they beat us in the first round. However, that is unlikely with the Coachmen. They're a team that gets up for every cup game, unlike us. We have a shocking disposition when it comes to getting "up" for games. Don't know why that is.... probably starts with me and my "it doesn't matter about a win" attitude.
The Coach are a different breed, they have fun in the league, and take the cup round seriously.
They're also a veteran team, which helps against an undisciplined young "pissandvinegar" team. The ACBC will have thier day in the future, but they have to start playing as a team instead of a bunch of young showoff posers... I think that older guy on the backline for them has just about had enough of the kids on that team. Especially that shinpad kid... great talent, but a one man show...
I predict a Coachman win of 4 - 1, and shinpads gets carried off on a stretcher for show boating...
If you don't know who I mean, check out his shin pads.... they're about 3" x 3" and cover his knees... fackin twat poser !

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Not a Chance, you have no Idea what you're on about, get back to the Farm and milk a cow

KH

Are you seriously that bitter about the combined beating of 10-2
this year that you have to make fun of our farms... but hey at least - unlike yourself - we don't milk bulls...:wa:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
KH

Are you seriously that bitter about the combined beating of 10-2
this year that you have to make fun of our farms... but hey at least - unlike yourself - we don't milk bulls...:wa:

Sarcasim Cantuzzi about the farm thing, you have driven throught Malpe Ridge right??? he's just wrong about the Coachmen they have guys that won the Prem three years ago and know how to win. good luck in Div1 bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0