Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Club I on getting promoted.

Nice to see that Captain Shamrocks comeback this year didn't go to waste.

I'm guessing some pub somewhere in Richmond is making a killing off the Irish tonight.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to captain and bunch.

CDK was dead on a great weekend for some pub in richmond club I winning promotion and It being St. Pattys day on sunday as well how suiting.

Well done Club I.

Cheers
JB

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto,

How the hell did Davey G. get out of his red card? I was checking the discipline update and nothing there. Don't tell me that was just a big tease for us Beamers.

Congrats Club I!! Maybe we'll see you there.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, lads......

We fully deserved the victory yesterday and our Under 21s played a huge role. One of the kids played his first game for us as sweeper, and was man of the match. Now we are going to try and improve our roster. We need at least another 4 quality players.......

Thanks for the congrats and now I must go get corked. Actually, I am still corked from last night so I just have to continue on.....

Captain Shamrock

L

Legroom

What can I say? Congats to PG for going up. We held our own destiny and couldn't make the most of it.
We can whine about the ref and the field, but isn't that the shiite you have to battle through to make it to Div 1, so hopefully you don't have to deal with it week to week?
With the Dead Poets Society on the sideline, hoping for a Beam loss, we let it slip through our fingers with 3 minutes to play. I'm sure PG is scared shitless based on our performance. Maybe we can lull them in to a false sense of security.
The only thing left to play for is a shred of pride. The Beam still rolls, but we may have to use an alternative fuel.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shitsky!

Jesus, was hopeful Westside could get a result but you know I thought you guys would pull it out. Westside, you guys rule. Obviously not as old and tired as you thought, eh Number2? Fcuk, I've been working all day so I missed the match. Anyway, won't rub it in. Was an exciting season that's for sure.

el_nino

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a weekend!

Perhaps it was only fitting that this match was delayed to this weekend for Club Ireland.
Two, two,two drunks in one.
Well done lads.
Thanks to all existing players who created positive club atmosphere last year for the U21's first year in mens.
Thanks to Captain and friends for returning this year to help make this happen.
For all those who told me two years ago that Club I was dead, go fcuk yourselves.
Thanks to all the waitresses in several pubs for putting up with us last night.
And, big thanks to Danny and George who started it all, and were around again this year to enjoy some of it.
It only gets better from here.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We suck. Simple as that. Too many guys walking around with their hands in their pockets with minutes left in the game. Choke choke choke. I'm pretty disgusted right now.

Congrats Pt Grey. You deserve it. We've been going down hill since Christmas

Therapissed-off.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU still in two

Well I hate to say I told you so but I did. Now I guess you now have more in common with us NK stars than you thought you were going to have. Well congrats to PGU. The reason Westside had enough to tie NSU is because they escaped with a win last week against only ten NKers. Believe me they were outplayed by a short squad in a great game. This however gave them the confidence to match you guys and shatter your dreams. Now there is only one dream of yours left to destroy. NK all the way!!!!!!!!!!!to the cup.
ConfidentCoolCroatsCalmlyClaimCupCause.......Cant help it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow

I'm shocked -- just about as shocked as I was when we lost ICSF. I fully expected a JB win if for nothing else but the fact that Westside was (should have been?) pathetically low in numbers (injuries, cards, Number2 on the island). Nevertheless, I can't be more happy -- not that JB lost (I expected them to be promoted) -- but that Westside won. Great way to end off the season for the Knights. Maybe they do have something left without me . . . .

Boy, will Number2 be surprised when he finds out.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting to look back . . .

Who will win group C?

‘B’ United 1 5.00%
Bombastic SC ‘A’ 1 5.00%
Champlain Heights 1 5.00%
North Shore JB’s 10 50.00%
Point Grey United 1 5.00%
Richmond Cougars 1 5.00%
NK Hrvatska 2 10.00%
Westside Knights 3 15.00%

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
90minutes of soccer

The draw vs Westside (2-2 ) was defintely not the result that we felt was coming. As LegRoom and Therapist mentioned, we did not play the whole 90minutes like our a$$es were on fire and that the game meant more to us then it did to them.

On top of that the referee, who by the way was being game reviewed by an official of BCRA, was horribly shocking against both teams. Missing throwins, interrupting the flow of play by not allowing advantage. Worst of all though is the two handballs he missed that led to the Westside goals. The last takes the cake as the ref acknowledged the westside handball that goes from hand to westide boot at the top of our 18 and shouts out "Play On" as our team stares in disbelief. 4 seconds later the ball is in our net with 2 minutes remaining in the game.

That is however, part of Div 2 soccer, (poor refereeing) that must be dealt with. There were other opportunities in that game where we could have built a better case for a spot in Div 1....

-BeamMeBackToSunday'sKickoffPlease-

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My mistake

Doh!

I was looking at the 2-1 win over NK. Still a 2-2 tie is nothing to sneeze at. Look on the brights side, you won't have to go through the indignancy of being stomped on next year.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry to hear it

NSU JBers:

my condolences. that certainly does suck. you guys deserved better last year and this year. one of those "any given sunday" things, and a sh*te field and a sh*te ref just make it more difficult.

max

Libero

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The moment of truth next Sunday

Hard lines for the JB's.That game against Westside was too close for comfort. We were already resigned to a winner-take-all for Div 1 when the JB's came out on the wrong side of one of the ugliest goalmouth scrambles I have seen in a while...

For those that weren't at the game, the Beam Boys aren't whining when the said the referee was baaaddd. I honestly agree that the officiating was as crappy as the middle of that fine Strathcona pitch. The play really wasn't very inspired, except for some great saves by both keepers. JB's, you guys ended up playing Westside's game, which I hope you won't bring to our cup match next week. Bonefish, make sure you've got 90 minutes in those legs. That goes for you too, Legroom. Bragging rights, and maybe some libations, are on the line.

Obviously, I want PG to do the double, but if we don't I hope NSU or Hrvatska wins the cup. Seriously, a 2C team deserves to win because, except for Club Ireland and maybe Bosna, the rest of the teams in 2A and 2B are pure shite :eek: . Div 2 has gone downhill boys.

Anyone want to take a piss at this ?

PGMayBeSmallButWeKnowHowToUseOurTools

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Libero, I don't think you'll get much argument on the decline of div. 2's quality. Hammer and Insider outlined why it's happened and provided some thoughtful solutions which, hopefully, will somehow get passed on to the league. They really do have to address it but I sure as hell wouldn't count on them actually doing so. As for group 2C, again I have to agree with you. Near the start of the year someone stated on this site that group 2C was the weakest. I bit my tongue at the time but now that we're more or less done I have to say that's bullshit. 2C was BY FAR the strongest group. When the Nomads (who are fcuking awful) finish fourth in their group you know it's true. All the teams below Club I, Alemania and Bosna in group 2A are third division caliber in the old pre-cat system. Group 2B? Optima is 2nd. I don't want to disrespect too many people here but I've seen a couple of their games and know a player or two and man...2nd? Signmaster and Burnaby Fury winning and tying games? Well, 'nuff said. I'm sure there's people that won't agree with me but we'll see in the cup.

P.s. Libero, where the fcuk ARE you quoting from anyway?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round of 16

Here's the schedule for this weekends upcoming cup games.
I dont' know if we will play at beaconsfield. It was shite 2 weeks ago when we played and it was closed down this past weekend and with todays snow who knows how its gonna look. But hope we play!! Good luck to all in the round of 16's!!!

Meralomas “B” vs Bingers Army
McBride Pk. Saturday/ 2 pm

Optima FC vs Metro-Ford Lions
Kensington North Saturday/2.00pm

Nomads FC vs Alemania FC
S Memorial NW Saturday/2.00pm

NK Hrvastka vs Elephant Walk “A”
Beaconsfield Sunday/2.00pm

NS Falcons vs ICSF Calabria
Cleveland South Sunday/2.00pm

NS United JB’s vs Pt. Grey United
W Griffin Turf Pk. Sunday/2.30pm

NS United Primos vs Surrey Utd. “C”
W Griffin Turf Pk. Sunday/4.30pm

Cliff Avenue Utd. vs West Union Sarajevo
Bby. Lk. West Sunday/5.00pm

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 2

It will be nice to play on the Turf at Griffin. That's our practice field, and it couldn't have come for a better match vs PGU. (except of course yesterday) This will be great as both our teams won't have to worry about poor pitch conditions. The soccer hopefully will be alot better. Should be a good game.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions

Well I must say I too am rather shocked. After playing westside the previous weekend, our guys schooled them in midfield. However our forward was unlucky. And I take most of the responsibilty for their two goals against us. Vratar was not ready to play in meaningless game... or perhaps a blessing in disguise to give them the confidence they needed.
Congrats to PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0