Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1. Next Season's Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group A

Deep Cove
Argentina
Richmond
Burnaby
Meralomas
Serbs
Cliff Ave
Pcov
Wickham
Sikh T.

Group B

Point Grey
FireFighters
Norvan
Grandview
Club I
Binger's
Bosnia
Norburn
Vancouver Oly
Crotia

Looks as though we are in the tougher side (B). Whoever comes out of side B will definetly have earned it.

Parkhead

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This could be the Idiots year to finally get promoted!

I have heard that one before. Actually I believe I hear that every year at this time.;) :p

Parkhead

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am going with Cliff Ave. United to go UP, have heard that they could have Jimmy Holiday and family playing there next year, would make them early favorites.

I like Club I on Side B, like the Idiots, they have to make it back to Premier some time:rolleyes:

Is Regs coming back:eek:

HOS

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wild Cards

Too many unknowns/Wild Cards in Div 1 this year:

Side A surely the easier of the two sides. No clubs with any substancial Premier Division experience. Clubs have to make sure the weaker clubs like the Meralomas and PCOV don't take any ponts away from them.
-Look for DCR and Richmond to be near the top. At the very least they will take away points from a contender. Will the Idiots EVER make it up to premier......I don't think so, they'll lose points to Wickham FC;)
-Africatina or Argentina will be strong in September and look for them to fizzle due to lack of organization as the season goes on. Wouldn't want to play them early.
-Temple should contend if the roster stays in tact from last year. Cliff Avenue is a true Wild Card.

Side B is definitely top heavy, looks like the Premier Division from the early 90's Firemen, Norvan, Club I, Croatia (wasn't that the Imperial Cup Final Four in 1992)
-Firemen ARE NOT a lock......playing 7-8 games without the 'Four Horsemen" will be tough
-Croatia are another wild card. Do their top players have the guts to stick it out in Div 1 or are they going to Khalsa. More importantly will they be fit?
-Any additions over at Club I? If so they could be a dark horse.
-Van Olympics will once again think the are a top side:rolleyes:

Sandman

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree Sandman. There are many unknowns with most of the teams which will make this upcoming season all that more interesting. Legitimitally(SP) I'd say on side A 3 teams have a good chance at moving up and on side B there are 4 really strong contenders.

Hopefully the Captain's negotiations go well, actually really well.:D

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland worked hard on a couple of players on the weekend and had success. Nothing has been signed yet but there certainly was interest from the two players. They would be HUGE additions to our team......I can mention their names for no other reason than to say that we were working hard on two players over the weekend. Mr. Robert Reed and Mr. Aaron Richer. Both players expressed interest and that is good enough for the Captain at this point. Now I will be working on a mentor for Club I Champ. I really think Mr. Edwards will help out this year and work with the Champ. Besides, we can play the Champ up front, as he was the only player on our Nations Cup team to score. Training will be starting next week after the Kamloops tournament and if anyone is interested please send me a PM. Cheers. Regs, want to give it one more go? :) Reedy/Regs has a nice ring to it again.......

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen

Group B will be a little bit easier now, with the firemen buying sportstown spot in the premier. I don't know what is happening to the spot in Div. 1. I did hear a fijian team was interested

Kippax

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep up the negotiations Captain. Any team that could add any of the three mentioned Reedy, Richer or Edwards would be doing themselves a huge favor. Good work and make sure you mention the calendar it will always help with the negotiations.:D

Parkheadlookingforwardtotherunforpromotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0