Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Midseason Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the chirping that has gone on to date I think it is time to review just what some of these teams have done to date...........

96'ers

Probably where everyone expected them to be and haven't lost a game yet. Dog days of winter will dictate whether they can stay on top

Clan

Survived the start of the year and with some help might be the team to beat???? But will they have enough...........

DCR

The loss to PGR could and probably will come back to haunt them! A team that is unified and should do well in the big games but will have to watch out for another let down!

Fireman

Had done well to date but the tie to the lomas can't be good? Taleneted up front but not sure if they have the pace in the back to beat the best?

RUFC

For the first time in years they have beaten the teams they should and struggled against the top teams. Too many games played without regulars but are still in it and who knows maybe?????

Sikh's

Very talented but inexperience has hurt them..............the wet, heavy parks of the winter season doesn't help them either.

PRG

One of teams that will struggle to stay out of the basement. The loss of Max hurts them but some teams might look past them enough times to stay up????? Need a good game ball though!

Peg

The once proud Peg lads seem to have lost something this year! Struggling numbers seems to be the biggest problem but the birth cetificates don't look great either. Some great players but need to get a couple of wins to ensure there stay

Lomas

A team that I think will stay up this year...............play a tough brand of soccer but lack that one or two players to find the timely goals..........Mcbride suits them to a tee and they take full advantage of it

City

Not much else to say other than they are horrible! Won't or at least shouldn't win a game this year and will struggle in Div 2!

Well lets here what others think.................

John

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Review..........

John, I agree with eveything you've said in your post. I personally think it will be between Clan and 96ers. I hope it is Clan though. Our Sikh team plays well but has no finish and that is the main problem. I do think that City will be the team to go down. Was it one team that goes down or two? All the teams have to beat each other to give themselves a chance and maybe a some more upsets will also help. RUFC has a game in hand against City ( 3 points ) and that will help you guys as long as you keep winning.

p.s........Sorry to hear about the broken leg Animal :( . The season must be written off for you now. How long are you out? Get well soon and keep drinking:D .

Good luck to all the teams in the second half of the season!

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its gonna be close at the top and bottom come the end of the season. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is decided till that day. I think Clan and 96ers will fight it out for top spot, although DCR, FF and RUFC will all be in with a shout if they can get wins against the top two. Sikhs will finish mid table. They will be a contender in 3 or 4 years time if they keep the young group of players together.

The other 4 will fight it out to stay up. Peg may be stuggling at present but I think once it comes down to the short strokes they'll find the bodies to get enough points to stay up. As for us,City and PGR...all depends on who beats who. More ties will kill us. A couple of wins along with our ability to get the odd point of the top teams will keep us up. Badly need to get those wins though.

Rumour or truth...cos two div 2 teams were promoted to Div 1a, 2 teams will be relegated from that division come the end of the season and only one from div1b? If thats true, its absolute bollox. Why can't the 2 9th placed teams have a relegation play-off...seems a far better way of doing it to me.

Are Richmond playing at Minoru on friday night? If so I think I'll take that one in. Anyone else?

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC not on Friday

R.U.F.C. do not play Friday they play Peg olys @kilmer park on saterday @2:00pm.

Animal

iamboredashellneedtogodrugup

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who goes down.

Gaffa,
don't believe the rumours, the worst team from each side gets relegated, then the second last team with the least total points. If there's a tie we go to the relagation playoff game ala Sproting/AC Milan last year. Stay ahead of City, get few more ties and you won't have to worry about it;)

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanx Kurgs...

...that gives us more than a fighting chance. Of course we play City this w/e so we have to see how we go there. I actually don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be. We'll see.

A few other observations...

Whilst many bitch about the refs we get, the standard of refs in Div 1 is far better than Div 2 and so it should be. For those of you who have not played in Div 2, be thankful for what we get in Div 1 as far as refs. They are way better.

The CAT system has definatley made the jump from Div1 to Div 2 a much bigger leap from what I can see. The standard of football in div 1 is 'night and day' from Div 2. Our Div 2 last year had one other half decent team and that was Knights. The rest were utter crap. Having said that it appears that the jump from Div1 to Prem has also become wider...I hear that Serbia have all but given up. It seems that to survive at the higher level, its no good just to add 2or3 quality players to your squad...you almost need a completely new team. Is this the CAT systems fault or has it always been that way?

More later...patients to attend too....

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan, are you sure about that, according to the constitution and bylaws of the vmsl on the features page of this site, it is 2 teams from div.1a that get religated.

Lawts

Lawtsjustmakingsurehisteamdoesn'tgetoverconfidentaboutnotgettingreligated

PS not that I don't believe you your a quality source:)

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relagation shite

The VMSL needs to get there heads out of there asses. It should be really simple the two bottem placed teams go down and the two ninth placed teams should play off. No matter who has points, Lets be honestit is easier for the weaker teams in the other side to steal points. So it should just be a play off, it's that simple.

Animal

goingformostpostsinaday

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
reviews

96'ers - excellent talent but some volatile personalities make them a bit dodgy for promotion as self-destruction likely here.

clan - another very strong team but with potential on their side. my pick for promotion after viewing some of this past weekend's game.

firemen - excellent 'team' and a bit surprised at their recent results. will definitely be in the hunt at year's end.

dcr - was not impressed with them when we played but they have been doing well so i will assume they had an off game. not a threat for promotion.

rufc - solid back line and a dangerous striker but a mid-pack team.

sikhs - fast, skilled, fit but too one dimensional as they have now lost the season series to pgr who are none of the aforementioned things :). will stay just ahead of the 4 relegation fighters below them.

pgr - dodgy but an ability to stay at this level with some more experience playing here. 2 wins, 2 ties, 2 crazy blowouts and 3 other losses make for good entertainment. will finish just above the relegation zone (1 or 2 teams from 1a t.b.d.)

peg - no idea as haven't played them yet but sounds like they're struggling a bit. all i hear about is their goalie and his big unit.

lomas - ugliest jerseys in the world (see netherlands for proper use of orange) and most fun team to poke fun at on ttp. do admire their ability to play the good teams tough and wish we could do the same but they still suck :D

city - hard to bash after losing to them but they are an average div 2 team and wonder what happened from last year where they were in the hunt late in the year. certain relegation.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lawts...

...I just checked the VMSL Constitution in the features section. Its way out of date. There is no Div2d anymore therefore only 3 div 2s as opposed to the old system when there was 4. Kurgan may well be right. Hope so. AS Regs mentions at the top of the page the constitution he posted is unofficial and by now out of date. I wonder how we can get a copy of the new regulations? Anyone?

Getting back on thread... a few players who've impressed thus far this year...

Up front...Rosey (DCR), Zeko (96ers)
Midfield...Paddy(or is Patty) Rufc, wide. The big fella from fireman gets around the park well, Sneds(96ers), Jim E.(Polys)
At the back...Richie S(Clan) RUFC's central defence played well against us too. Ivor can still play a bit.
In goal...Big Mario(Polys) or Animal(RUFC)..best 2 in the Div by a mile...I'd give Mario the nod...but thats just cos Animal wears a short sleeved goalie shirt. Sorry Animal, but those things are just wrong. Plain wrong.

NothinggoodcancomeofashortsleevedgoalieshirtGaffa;)

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Thanks for the nod and the good chuckle I got from your post. It is not my fault though all of RUFC's goalie shifts are crap and they lost my long sleeved shirt.

Animal

definetlythinkthatgaffaisalsoatopkeeperandhasanicefreekick

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fuel for the Fire

Gaffa,

Quit brining up the goalie kit, the animal just won't let us forget that somehow, someone lost his MU shirt.

As for quality players,

Easton from PEG always seems to cause us problems and Pete from Firemen was definately the best player on the park against us so far. Pete is a dirty fukc but always plays hard.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Losing a Man U shirt...

...inspirational stuff. Quite simply the best move any club can make. I've changed my opinion...with this kind of management how can RUFC not win Div 1a. Simple really. :D

Animal...I'm back in England for Chrimbo...I'll pop down to Bloomfield Road and raid the kit room for ya. I need to stock up myself so I'll grab you, Lawts and our CAT goalie a lovely Blackpool FC keepers shirt each. I'm sure the old kit girls are still there. They'll turn their backs for 5 mins whilst I pilfer! You know it makes sense, and we'll keep those forearms and wrists nice and warm after the winter break.

:cool:

Thecampaignagainstshortsleevedgoalieshirtsstartshere:mad: ...sorry to mention the word break!

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR review

Everyone in the div 1A side should give themselves a pat on the back!!!! Go buy your self a pint. A lot of good soccer has been played to date. Hope every one keeps it up.

The next 3 games should be intresting for DCR. Whats the latest scouting report on the clan, any new players?????

City and Wallace send there best and wish everyone a good second half.

Piper

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV.1 OR PREMIER?????????

I think many teams in div.1a could give the premier div. teams a good run or beat them. This division is very competitive compared to other years. The premier division seems like it is not where it wants to be. Division 1a is where it is at not 1b as some might have the nerve to argue:D .

Hard Ballz

p.s........Animal, I think you are going to set a record for most posts in a day on TTP............how's the leg???.......have a pint for me:D

animalisagoodguy

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation from Div. 1

Animal, Gaffa, Lawts:

I don't know what the constitution says but last year Sikh Temple who were in 9th place in Div 1A played off against Bosna SC who were in 9th in Div. 1B. Sikh Temple won the playoff and stayed up.

The number of points each team had didn't come into play at all as Sikh Temple had 21 and Bosna 9. In actual fact, FC Serbia had dropped out of the league from 1B after 9 games, leaving Bosna in 9th but last.

My assumption is that they would do the same this year.

Hardballz: do you know the ruling/constitution?

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan has picked up a few more platyers. They have signed Steve Kindell, Jas Atwell, a young defender named Justin, and Dave Elligott, Alan Koch, as well as perhaps a few more players from the varsity team are now availible to play.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
relegation........

Reccos, I believe you are right. Points did not matter in that situation last year. I don't know if they did it in such a way because of a team dropping out last year or not but trust me that's the last place youwant to be. Our game against Bosna last year ended up in shootouts to decide who would stay up and luckily we won. Do Regs or Fastshow not know the ruling procedures? P.s.........The weekend looks like it's going to be very wet...........any games cancelled????????? Anybody know how S.Memorial field is?????

Hard Ballz

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks

Darby,

Thanks for the update:(

I would have to figure that all games will be off for the weekend with the exception of DCR vs Clan as I think it is on the turf.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0