Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 7

Who is your MOTW?

• SFC Coyotes vs Guildford Marga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got word.....Inter Nomads not match of the week

It probably was actually. The game was back and forth, pretty exciting, wasn't till the last 10 or so that it got out of hand. They finished their chances, we did not. Poop. On to next week, gotta shake this one off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It probably was actually. The game was back and forth, pretty exciting, wasn't till the last 10 or so that it got out of hand. They finished their chances, we did not. Poop. On to next week, gotta shake this one off.

It was close i agree. We went up 1-0 early on, they equalised on a pk then controlled the game up until we made it 2-1 just before half but as is21 said they didn't finish. Within 2 mins of the second we was up 3-1, they pulled one back and started to press. As for the goal that killed the game i do apologise but anyone in that situation woulda hand balled it and i don't know how the ref missed it, sorry. After that it was over as a contest and there heads dropped. One thing i gotta add is that #18 on your team made himself look like a complete fool tonight, was talking trash from the start right to the end to every single one of our players with the most stupid of comments. All in all it was a pretty fun game, and i am a cheater

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was close i agree. We went up 1-0 early on, they equalised on a pk then controlled the game up until we made it 2-1 just before half but as is21 said they didn't finish. Within 2 mins of the second we was up 3-1, they pulled one back and started to press. As for the goal that killed the game i do apologise but anyone in that situation woulda hand balled it and i don't know how the ref missed it, sorry. After that it was over as a contest and there heads dropped. One thing i gotta add is that #18 on your team made himself look like a complete fool tonight, was talking trash from the start right to the end to every single one of our players with the most stupid of comments. All in all it was a pretty fun game, and i am a cheater

You should change your picture to Henry this week ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
NFS Prem2 of course. Guess their undefeated div.2 record was more important than the whitecaps game. You know it was fan appreciation night right?

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

lol we only had two prem guys last night, that was our div 2 team. graham, mass, and gio payne missing. also the prem game couldn't get switched to 12 cuz the league couldn't find us a ref.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think House was joking, but who cares? We welcomed the challenge and came up short. Looking forward to the rematch, with whatever players they want to use.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC United 7 Stolo 4

It could have been 10 goals but Stolo was whining to the ref so much we really only played 60-70 minutes.:rolleyes:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 3 - 1 marga...missed too many chances, we controlled a lot of the game and kept majority of the possession and generated many chances from it however didn't have our scoring boots on tonight. Referee was good, called some fouls that didn't didn't deserve to be called but overall did well and kept control of the match till the end. Big game vs the knights next week. Should be a good tilt.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
as HA said, tough game.

opening three minutes we had possession, we cough it up in the middle and the ball is played to their forward who cleverly turns our last man onto a breakaway and he slots it 1-0 Inter. We get back onto playing some good stuff and shorty007 earns a nice penalty that should have garnered a yellow card at least, some refs in this league would have produced a red...but that would have been harsh imho. We tie it up 1-1. Their second goal was the perfect shot from distance by MB10 and it's 2-1... They go 3-1 up on a weird goal where mb10 had it go off his chest/head after a cross hit our cross bar, 3-1 (this was certainly against the run of play) and we scored to make it 3-2. Then mb10 goes Thierry Henry and ref was the only guy on the park that missed the handball, 4-2 and we crumbled from there.

The ref, a guy we've had before and has done a good job, was equally brutal for both teams. He was actually so bad he got 4 or 5 consecutive throwins on one side of the field wrong in a row... fouls that weren't fouls were given and fouls that should have been given weren't, including 4 or 5 in the last ten minutes when we were trying to keep it from getting to double digits once the collapse happened.

There was a spot in the game where one of their CM's had fouled (in the first half still) the same two guys on our team multiple times and when our CM says to the ref, that's like his sixth time ref, he says to him "I was going to yellow card him untill your #18 asked for him to be carded, so I'm not giving it." :confused:

we can definitely give these guys a run, and we proved it last year in cup finals and now for an hour of this game... they finished their chances and we let a few good chances go wanting.

They are good at pushing down once their foot is on a teams throat though.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
as HA said, tough game.

opening three minutes we had possession, we cough it up in the middle and the ball is played to their forward who cleverly turns our last man onto a breakaway and he slots it 1-0 Inter. We get back onto playing some good stuff and shorty007 earns a nice penalty that should have garnered a yellow card at least, some refs in this league would have produced a red...but that would have been harsh imho. We tie it up 1-1. Their second goal was the perfect shot from distance by MB10 and it's 2-1... They go 3-1 up on a weird goal where mb10 had it go off his chest/head after a cross hit our cross bar, 3-1 (this was certainly against the run of play) and we scored to make it 3-2. Then mb10 goes Thierry Henry and ref was the only guy on the park that missed the handball, 4-2 and we crumbled from there.

The ref, a guy we've had before and has done a good job, was equally brutal for both teams. He was actually so bad he got 4 or 5 consecutive throwins on one side of the field wrong in a row... fouls that weren't fouls were given and fouls that should have been given weren't, including 4 or 5 in the last ten minutes when we were trying to keep it from getting to double digits once the collapse happened.

There was a spot in the game where one of their CM's had fouled (in the first half still) the same two guys on our team multiple times and when our CM says to the ref, that's like his sixth time ref, he says to him "I was going to yellow card him untill your #18 asked for him to be carded, so I'm not giving it." :confused:

we can definitely give these guys a run, and we proved it last year in cup finals and now for an hour of this game... they finished their chances and we let a few good chances go wanting.

They are good at pushing down once their foot is on a teams throat though.

I disagree about the ref and not just cause of the missed handball, i thought he did a good job. And how many times did the ref have to speak to #18 tho JBN, completely classless all game then didn't shake hands with us either showing his lack of class. I'm all for getting into the game and showing intesity but telling us we can't win unless you guys have 10, how bad we are at shooting, how i'm useless and shouldn't even be on the same field as him, i can only score if you guys have 10 men, how aj is terrible under pressure, every bad pass he had something to say, and yet he did nothing. Don't you think the ref just got tired of listening to him complain about everything, hell he was even giving your own team a hard time about every little thing they did wrong. On a different note though, i can't help but feel as though if GT5 was there then there is no chance shorty007 runs past him that easy and draws the foul for the pk. The guy playing there has only been back there a couple of times in his life, good player but he'll be the first to admit he isn't a centre back.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree about the ref and not just cause of the missed handball, i thought he did a good job. And how many times did the ref have to speak to #18 tho JBN, completely classless all game then didn't shake hands with us either showing his lack of class. I'm all for getting into the game and showing intesity but telling us we can't win unless you guys have 10, how bad we are at shooting, how i'm useless and shouldn't even be on the same field as him, i can only score if you guys have 10 men, how aj is terrible under pressure, every bad pass he had something to say, and yet he did nothing. Don't you think the ref just got tired of listening to him complain about everything, hell he was even giving your own team a hard time about every little thing they did wrong. On a different note though, i can't help but feel as though if GT5 was there then there is no chance shorty007 runs past him that easy and draws the foul for the pk. The guy playing there has only been back there a couple of times in his life, good player but he'll be the first to admit he isn't a centre back.

If I can strip GT5 and beat him down the wing and score, Shorty007 can too ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
About our number 18, I wasn't out there, but would imagine it was half frustration and half trash talk to rattle guys.

The ref was at best not very good and at worst horrific, including my hard (accidental) foul on Curtis with 10 minutes left. i pulled up expecting a yellow card and foul and the ref asked me if I was going to go or not... weird.

The ref was certainly a major part of the game, yet not what made or broke the game for us. We lost because we couldn't finish when we needed to and crumbled once you guys got two up after your Henry-esque goal.

You guys are a classy bunch on the park, and I wish we could have put in the same effort and execution in the last 30 that we did in the first 60, because the scoreline didn't reflect the overall tone and pace of the game, we got embarassed in the last 30 minutes.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are a classy bunch on the park, and I wish we could have put in the same effort and execution in the last 30 that we did in the first 60, because the scoreline didn't reflect the overall tone and pace of the game, we got embarassed in the last 30 minutes.

Thanks. As for the game being close up until the last 30, well this wasn't the first game we've been in that was close up until late. Knights 0-0 till the 60/70th, nomads 3-2 till the 60th, young guns 3-2 till late, stolo 1-0 till late, even BC utd were in control for most of the first, and the other 2 were never in question but it seems as if mentally teams just deflate once we get a good lead against them and then we make the score look as if the game was a blow out.

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
And how many times did the ref have to speak to #18 tho JBN, completely classless all game then didn't shake hands with us either showing his lack of class. I'm all for getting into the game and showing intesity but telling us we can't win unless you guys have 10, how bad we are at shooting, how i'm useless and shouldn't even be on the same field as him, i can only score if you guys have 10 men, how aj is terrible under pressure, every bad pass he had something to say, and yet he did nothing.

Just an FYI - #18 DID shake hands with everyone. Antics are on the field only and purely an effort to rattle your squad. May have worked, may have not.

On a different note though, i can't help but feel as though if GT5 was there then there is no chance shorty007 runs past him that easy and draws the foul for the pk. The guy playing there has only been back there a couple of times in his life, good player but he'll be the first to admit he isn't a centre back.

Maybe I get past, maybe I don't. Same goes for the majority of your goals though. We have had a different back line every game so far this season. If we had our standard 4 I don't see that first goal going in, nor 2 of the late ones.

Everyone has excuses, I just want to play you again. I really enjoyed the intensity of the game... never had so much fun losing 6-2 before.

Here's hoping I can pot six against Stolo this weekend with a full hangover :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0