Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Croatian Summer Soccer Tourni - 2003

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am starting up a new thread for the Croatian Summer soccer tourni to let people know how the TTP Croats are doing on the pitch. This year the tourni has expanded by 4 teams to make it twelve. The first week has been played and it drew, a record, 2,437 spectators to the Croatian Picnic grounds to watch some quality nogmet being played. Here are the teams and the TTPers that play for them.

>Biograd Na Moru (Hajduk)
· Bosna
· Bundes Lika
· Dalmatinski Hajduk (Dizou, The Managers Dad)
· Gorski Kotar (Slav, Ghostrider)
· Gusari Sa Neretve
· Kordun (CDK, Vratar)
· Lika
· Sinjski Alkar (BJB, Iron Mike)
· Siroki Brijeg - Hercegovina (Rovad, Darkmeat)
· Sjeverna Hrvatska (Over the top, Bronco)
· Zadar

I'm missing a few TTPers but, I'm sure they'll show themselves in this thread later.

Over the top (last years playoff MVP) has jumped to the front of the scoring lead after the first round. With four first class goals in his game against Croatia A's Keeper ( I forget his name) he is the odds on favourite to take the goalden boot.

'Carve' away.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukc more teams than the WOP league!!!

CDK its seven on seven no????

All Croat players or Imports allowed and is there a quota on how many players from that region on one team like the WOP league I believe its 6 in the WOP league.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it's 7 on 7. The import rule works only for those players registered on one of the 6 Croatian teams resistered with the BCSA. Only two play, Mike Falco (I-tie) from Croatia B and Leo Willic (Polock) from Croatia A. Everyone pretty much plays for the region they are from...except for four players on my team...

Anymore questions? Forward them to BJB.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Thread...

Good job CD,

I was wondering if u were gonna start this up... It was a great opening weekend. Tons of people. 12 teams(up 4 from last year), and 152 registered players(unofficial).

12 Teams get split up in to 2 divisions. Each team plays each other once in the div and 4 crossover games. should play 6 but we don'g have enough weeks. As the finals will take place on Aug 15 weekend. Another big picnic for the croatians!!!

This weekend saw a few blowouts. But it's all good.

its' 7 on 7 soccer, fields are 45x65 yards dimension.
Nets are 2mx5m

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekend saw a few blowouts

A total of 40 goals were scored in six matches on opening day. An average of 6.66 goals per game. Last year the average was lower(dont have the exact stats), due to the nets being smaller. This year will definitely be tougher on the goalies, however many good saves were made in some games.

BJB,

What will be the playoff format for this year?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What BJB is trying to say is that only 4 of the six teams in each group will make the playoffs. He is not sure how the two divisions will meet in the playoffs.

Right now, after the first round, my team sits in fourth spot with -4 goals against. Our nearest rival is another -3 behind us. That could all change in the remaining 8 league games...:rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year the average was lower(dont have the exact stats), due to the nets being smaller

Spoken like a true keeper, Vratar. Are you sure maybe it wasn't because the goalies were better?;) Happy nogometting!

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't or was

The larger nets will produce more goals, however goalies will make more saves as more outside shots will be taken by players, hence the save % should be about the same as last year while gaa will increase. make sense?

Dapotayto, last year the goalies were definately better with the smaller nets!!!

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this Sunday

Bundes Lika vs Bosna 5:4...(hard fought entertaining game)
Gorski Kotar vs Biograd 2:3...(many good shots and saves)
Hajduk vs Kordun 1:6...(CDK needs some motivation) :D
Siroki Brijeg vs Zadar 3:3...(Zadar plays great, but unlucky)
Gusari vs Sinj 4:1...(BJB finally gets one)
Sjeverna vs Lika 6:5...(overthetop with hat trick)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To date the top goal scorers are: Johnny Sulentic - 6; Tony Vlastelic - 6; Davor Pavlovic - 6; Danny Has - 4; Bruno Maras - 4; Mirko Maras, Tony Tomljenovic, John Markic, Joe Maras, Rob Mrsic, Tom Vukelic - 3

With Johnny Sulentic leaving Team Lika for the Whitcaps, he is giving up his chance at winning the Golden Boot. The Caps must be paying him some good money.

Anyway, this weekend should see the return of me to Team Kordun. I predict I score my first goal this weekend, even though I plan on playing sweeper.:rolleyes:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alkar Wins...

Great game by our guys and pull away with a 1:0 victory.

Here are the updated standings...

After 4 official weeks...

Pivo Division(Beer)
W L T +- P
Bundes 3 1 0 -7 9
G.Kotar 2 2 0 4 6
Biograd 2 2 0 -3 6
Kordun 1 3 0 -10 3
Bosna 0 3 1 -4 1
Hajduk 0 4 0 -16 0

Rakija Division(Whiskey)
W L T +- P
Široki 4 0 0 19 12
Gusari 3 0 1 6 10
Lika 2 0 2 8 8
Sjeverna 2 2 0 7 6
Zadar 2 2 0 2 6
Alkar 1 3 0 -12 3

The Rakija Division looks to be the tougher of the 2. This past week in crossover games, they took 5 wins and drew one.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the top is running away with goal scoring title as I think he has 11 or 12 now. He must be enjoying the fact that he gets to play along side Peter Stipancic. Bronco has been useless for his team and they seem to be playing better without him.

Lika has been in shambles without Johnny Sulentic. They've gone from first place to second last without him. Right now they are 5 pts out of a playoff spot. With three games left they seem out of it.

BJB's team is completely out of it.

Darkmeat's Hercegovina ( the stacked team) has been slipping of late. Losing to Lui Miljanovic's Gusari and drawing last week see them fall to second. I bet they don't think they'll walk over everyone anymore.;)

My team stills holds a playoff spot, barely, and probably need at least one more win to stay in fourth place in our group. I'll have to play the final three games if we have any sort of shot. .:cool:

Dizou's team is the worst team in the tourney so far. They haven't got a point yet. That's embarrassing. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0