Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Club Technical Directors

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a couple weeks ago at the BC soccer AGM talk came about TD's in clubs and that Langey United's TD has a salary of 160k per year based on bringing players over to their club. How does a club manage to pay someone this crazy amount of money, when the club doesn't even have an HPL Franchise and do people within the club actually know what is being paid? PLus not even knowing who or what credentials the TD has?

With Millars assignment to Langley FC's TD position, will he be making the same amount?

Is this normal amount of pay for a TD?? If it is how do I sign up?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$160K ?!?!?! @The Phantom is that correct?

Hasn't that TD been there for awhile? How can salary be tied to "bringing players over"? No wonder Langley Men's teams are flipping around the area, follow the money :)

At least Thriller is bringing over good players/teams to LFC, Imperial Cup champs should be worth $80K alone.

@robj please confirm.

:bronco:

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not all TD's will be getting that or anywhere near it. But that doesn't surprise me if one does.

If someone wanted to play devil's advocate they could say "what is that per hour?" from the 160k. Probably pretty low actually, and probably with no taxes or benefits removed etc.

But ya, that's a lot. Seems to me most are making in the 60-80 range?

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes @Regs, that is the number that was thrown out there. From what was talked about, apparently $80 from each players registration goes to their TD. As for how long he has been there I have no idea nor do I even know who this person is or his credentials.

Should be an interesting time between the 2 Langley Clubs now. Are the Hurricanes moving from Delta to Langley as well now with Millars move?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me or is this ridiculous?? Never has the game been in a worse state than it is now, while at the same time, never have more been making a living off of it AT THE AMATEUR LEVEL!!! It's absurd.....

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I was involved, Parker signed a 5 year contract at 80,000 per...
From what rumours I have heard, he signed a new contract based on how many players he can bring into that club and Bronco, yes it is a big joke. Seems like no one cares about the development of player... Just bring in the money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...that is very, very interesting, considering all the latest moves so far as the battle for club control over LUFC.

In fact, the silence in this thread is quite deafening...

Thiku...normally I am on the far right side, so far as one's right to make as much money as they can, but in this case, we are talking about a not-for-profit society, run by the executive, representing it's members. I'd be very, very concerned if I were a member, and my executive was handing out that type of contract. Conflict of interest issues written all over it.

And Captain...no kidding.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If 80.00 out of every registration is going to the slush fund....err technical director, how much does registration run in the soccer hotbed that is Langley these days??

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...that is very, very interesting, considering all the latest moves so far as the battle for club control over LUFC.

In fact, the silence in this thread is quite deafening...

Thiku...normally I am on the far right side, so far as one's right to make as much money as they can, but in this case, we are talking about a not-for-profit society, run by the executive, representing it's members. I'd be very, very concerned if I were a member, and my executive was handing out that type of contract. Conflict of interest issues written all over it.

And Captain...no kidding.

I agree with you 100% Dude.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0