Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chiswick and District Sunday Football League Div.1

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC Pottery Arms 3
Sheen Park Rangers 2

(played on Sunday October 12, 2003 at Eversheds Pavilion Sports Ground, attendance approx. 25)

A close result on our home park to a very workmanlike bunch of QPR tossers, says I towing the line as a member of team hailing from within spitting distance of Brentford's Griffin Park.

In our third league game of our first season in the Chiswick and District League Div.1 (two rungs below the vaunted Premier table), the 2003-4 version of the George & Dragon narrowly avoided losing points at home. Now sponsored by a classier establishment (and a rather handy newsagents in the local council shops for a Lucozade and the News of the World before the game), the Pottery never trailed but had to squeak out a win 10 minutes from regulation time. Without Will Gerrish (son of manager Dave Gerrish) in the midfield with Dave "Ginger" Gerrish, other son of manager, our midfield was overrun by the opposition, who had our clever and skilled types (obviously not me) bottled up for most of the game. Our two subs, both nephews of manager Dave Gerrish, had little impact on the game. As all of our teams players, except for me, are somehow related, or live within about two blocks radius of each other, our team surprisingly lacked unity.

Still, kudos to the team for our ability to win while playing absolute sh!te. Thanks also to our fans who taunted the opposition's keeper while getting absolutely pissed thanks to the end-zone pub and beer garden at our home ground.

max

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
????????

Do you only play once a month?

I'm still trying to work out how Division One can be two levels below Premier.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts