Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chelsea 2, DC United 1 (AP)

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea 2, United 1 (AP)

D.C. United came out strong and unintimidated against the champions of English soccer. A monumental upset actually seemed possible. Then United scored. United 1, Chelsea 0. Loud chants of ``D.C.'' echoed among the 31,473 fans. Uh-oh. ``Waking up a giant,'' United midfielder Ben Olsen said. ``They picked up a gear, and they came back strong.'' United would hold the lead for just four minutes.

Read More

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, not a bad result for the American champions.

I wonder how the Whitecaps would do vs Chelsea? :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given the Caps dominated Sunderland, who in all likelihood will be very happy with survival this year, it may still be a bit unrealistic to say they are on par with the Premier champs. I would peg the Whitecaps as a top 10 premiership side and with some decent luck, would fight for a UEFA spot.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Given the Caps dominated Sunderland, who in all likelihood will be very happy with survival this year, it may still be a bit unrealistic to say they are on par with the Premier champs. I would peg the Whitecaps as a top 10 premiership side and with some decent luck, would fight for a UEFA spot.

A bit unrealistic to say the least. :confused: What are you smoking BTW? I'd love to have some. If for some reason you think the Vancouver Whitecaps could be a top 10 premiership squad you must not think highly of English football. The Whitecaps could MAYBE play in the first division IMO, but to say they could push for a UEFA spot is ridiculous.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed CIC. the caps played well and defeated a sunderland team that played what, 4 matches in 4 days was it? no comparison

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0