Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2005/2006

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the Celtic result???
Wind, wind, wind - that key's not tight enough. Too predictable...:rolleyes: :D

Barca definitely looked good even against 10 on a shockingly brutal pitch. Agreed (for once) with Tommy - both Del Horno and Messi should have been given yellows for that bit of stupidity. It's all about how well you sell it....

Ironic that Terry was involved in goals at both ends.

Trece

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap said:
Liverpool drew Benfica which will not be easy but is a great opportunity to show the scum how its done and to rub it in their faces. Don't imagine Rafa will be asking Fergie for any info.

Well done son ..... you really rubbed it in our faces :rolleyes:

Regarding the Del Horno sending off ........ other than the fact that the referee got it wrong (a solid yellow IMO), I can't believe no one's said anything about the fcuking brutal tackle on Messi earlier from Del Horno - studded him a few inches from his knee which was definitely a yellow. IMO, if he had booked him for that, Del Horno wouldn't have thrown himself into a stupid challenge that got him sent off.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks
Too True on the Del Horno's first tackle ...

it was just as bad as the Liverpool players tackle 3 minutes
( name ?) on the Benefica Left Back .. it was a yellow

Chelsea's Coach was all over that in his Post match comments

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't see Del Horno's first tackle, heard it was really bad though. I can't see the second tackle being worthy of a red but Chelsea's backline have been kicking the living shite of anything that moves all season so for me it's a nice bit of karma. Carvalho is the worst of them and he never seems to gets carded.

Walks, it's true, Liverpool looked really lame out there on Tuesday. I'll wait 'til the second leg is over before commenting though.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Didn't see Del Horno's first tackle, heard it was really bad though. I can't see the second tackle being worthy of a red but Chelsea's backline have been kicking the living shite of anything that moves all season so for me it's a nice bit of karma. Carvalho is the worst of them and he never seems to gets carded.

Walks, it's true, Liverpool looked really lame out there on Tuesday. I'll wait 'til the second leg is over before commenting though.

100% agreed on both counts.

2nd leg at Anfield will be tough for Benfica especially if they sit and defend their 1 goal lead. I fancy Liverpool to turn them over though by 2 goals - you just have to hope that Gerard is completely fit for the tie though - he'll make the difference as he always does.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was Gerrard's fitness the reason Carragher was wearing the armband??? I only saw the last 10 minutes and happen to notice Gerrard was playing but not the skipper.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wondering, was Terry"s collision with Messi a penalty, I think he kept his eye on the ball, therefore it was not

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Was Gerrard's fitness the reason Carragher was wearing the armband??? I only saw the last 10 minutes and happen to notice Gerrard was playing but not the skipper.

Gerrard didn't come on until mid way through the second half so I think thats why carrager was playing the captains role. I was a bit suspect on the terry collision because he was looking up but came nowhere near the ball and just plowed through messi back. the no call was probably the right one but it could have gone the other way without to much complaint.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portuguese Club is showing the Benfica vs Liverpool match at 11:45am Wednesday ( 1144 Commercial Drive )

This game is closed circuit therefore, the price of admission is $10 non member or $5 member...and TSN will be showing curling as usual...

SCP

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How much for TTP Premium Members? :rolleyes:

NO ADVERTISING PLEASE

It's a simple rule, please respect it.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax said:
just wondering, was Terry"s collision with Messi a penalty, I think he kept his eye on the ball, therefore it was not

Of course that was a peno! I'm naturally hoping for any english team to win the tournament-even liverpool for that matter. But Terry has to know where other players around him are. How many times have you heard a player, at any level, say they were attempting to play the ball? Those calls have to be made no matter who you want to win. Plus it didn't help when he(Terry) came down on the ball with both hands. Looked more like a rugby score. Another pk that should've been awarded was the one that hit a Chelsea defenders arm in the box. He definitely used his arm to make himself bigger. Remember Stuart Pearce "World Cup 90"? Very similar...:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know where I can see the Rangers match today??? On the road in the Langley/Surrey White Rock area...

"Let's go Rangers"

~HOS

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
English fan when it comes to Europe, but hard to not like seeing the smugness of Mourinho go down with hardly a whimper. In a otherwise boring game, I once again come away saying Ronaldhino is the best player of his era. Love the way he always seems to be having a light hearted laugh at the whole thing.

Rangers so close. Would have been the story of 05/06.

Calcio was showing the Bremen/Juve game. For all keepers at all levels who let the odd dodgy ball in, this day is for you. Can happen at any level at any time. Juve through.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 1 Villareal 1

LFC2 said:
Rangers so close. Would have been the story of 05/06.

:(

Villareal got us on the away goals but Rangers looked to have a great game when I was watching the Teletext.

Unlucky Rangers.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Villareal 1 Glasgow Rangers 1

Lovenkrands opened the scoring with a dream start for the Gers at the 11 minute mark... However the Spaniards equalized 4 minutes into the second half and had a couple of chances until poor Kris Boyd missed a sitter with 15 minutes to go that would have sent Rangers through... Fought like Lions yesterday... Away goals rule is like losing in PK's... Lose and you feel cheated... Win and it's the most exciting victory!!!

Well done on a tre-men-dous effort boys in blue.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool are out. Fifteen shots in the first half alone and nothing to show for it. Aaaargh. For fcuks sake, can we get some strikers in the off-season?!

Probably a blessing in disguise losing now. Can't imagine facing Barcelona with the current lineup.

The support was amazing though. the Kop are legends! They never stop.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Real Madrid 0-0 Arsenal........Madrid is out and they didn't look all that great today either.

Hard Ballz

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watching hte game and I can't watch another missed opportunity or hit post by the Reds so I have shut it off knowing the result. Agreed this may allow for alighter schedule and putting more to finishing second and the FA cup but to lose a game you dominate like that through 45 mins is tough to swallow. Note to Benitez, must spend more on a striker than 7 million so we can score goals

Full marks to the crowd who I understand sang YNWA after the 2nd goal went in. You would not see that in many stadiums. .

Speaking of sh%t fans. I can't say I was disappointed to see Chelski going out yesterday. Anyone who read "the arrogant one" in the BBC today probably vomited with his comments.

I am left cheering for Arsenal which I am okay with. I enjoy their style of play and they are not the Manscum after all.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0