Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carter dough...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Compared to what others have been getting, Vince Carter's 6-year extension for $90 Million sounds like a steal for Toronto. Why they've managed to buck the "nobody wants to play in Canada" excuses put forth by the Jizzlies, I don't think we'll ever know.

Not that I care...

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One good thing from this

The one good thing that comes with this signing is the egg that Dick "the cnut" Versace will be wiping off his face. He was extremely ****y and confident when he said that Vince Carter would sign with an American team and that would be the demise of the Toronto Raptors. Obviously he is wrong, just like he was when he was here for the short period......

He will be nomianted for Bastard of the Month...........

Yours in hoops,

Doctor Dunkenstein

P.S. Who was Doctor Dunkenstein? Hint:University of Louisville

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Raptors have taken the eastern conference by storm today, not only securing Vince Carter through the year 2008, but also by signing center Hakeem Olajuwon to a three-year deal. This is a simply brilliant move for the Raps - despite Olajuwon's age (38), he gives them an instant presence at the center position and allows Antonio Davis to return to his natural position at power forward. The Raptors can now confidently go 10 deep (Olajuwon, Davis, J. Williams, Clark, Carter, Curry, Skinner, A. Williams, Childs, Peterson), and will be able to work rookie power forward Michael Bradley into the mix as well. I wish we had Glen Grunwald as a GM when the Grizz were still around........rot in hell Versace!

That is all.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I shall post in purple instead of my usual blue, in honor of the briliance that is Toronto.

Thank the lord they signed Vince, I have always been a fan of Vince since NC and him resiging makes me and even bigger fan. Olajuwon I could go either way on this one, but if he plays the way he did at the end of last season I am all for it. Perhaps playing alonside Vince can revitalize the old man and I do think the Raps are deadline upgrade from being serious contenders to dethrone the Lakers.

I would hate to imagine the Raptors with McGrady still on the team they have now. If there was no harsh feelings and that team got along I would pick them to win it all, but that is wishful thinking.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0