Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks to sign Carter?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dan Russell show via the AP is saying the Canucks are close or have signed Anson Carter. 1 Mil for 1 season. Why? Matt Cooke only wants a little over 1 Mil doesn't he? What's the difference?

Unless of course Nonis is thinking trade. We're (because I'm on the team you know) still short a couple of defensemen.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because Anson Carter has had four 20 goals seasons and Matt Cooke has had ... zero.
Carter is a legitimate top 6 forward.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then...

If they made this signing to improve the team, which presumably will include Matt Cook, it's a very good signing. But stats on goal production asside, Matt Cook brings more of the intangible to the team, so I hope that he is still in the plans.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i sure hope they keep cooke. after dangling a fan favorite like brad may out there, they better keep cooke. whats next........a t linden trade runour??? carter is a proven player who had a poor season last year but i think he can turn it around and be a 25-30 goal guy.
the apprentice is right, he does look like a struck match or whoopie golbberg's gums. wouldn't mind seeing the braided hair go.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0