Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks Preseason Schedule and Camp

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mark Parrish is another guy with a good shot and wheels that could make this team, especially if Hansen or Raymond are packaged in some sort of a trade with one of the Nucks defensemen.

I think the other 'vets' in camp are just Camp fodder... Scatchard, Petrovicky, Baumgartner, etc...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've read, hasn't the Sedin partner been equal parts Samuelsson and Burrows? I also think Samuelsson is being underestimated in his scoring potential. Burrows put up top line numbers when he played on the top line, when has Samuelsson been afforded that opportunity? Playing with Detroit who has 2 very, very good top lines doesn't leave you with very many minutes with which to score. I think he's going to have a career year here, no matter if he plays on the first or second line.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hammerhead:
1) Hodgson cannot go to Manitoba, he is still eligible to play CHL/OHL therefore he HAS to go play there if the Nucks cannot use him. The Youngest players allowed to play in the AHL are 20 year olds. He plays 9 with the Nucks and then would be forced to Brampton again if AV can't use him here.

Hodgson played 11 playoff games for the Moose last year.....? How is he not allowed to play?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He can play games in that league if he is not being paid.

He played playoff games once his league/team stopped playing.

The AHL has a lot of weird rules as they pertain to how the league is truly "developmental" in that only a certain number of players per team can have played over a certain amount of professional games etc...

Each Member club must dress for each regularly scheduled or
playoff game at least twelve (12) players, other than goalkeepers, who
have played in a total of not more than two hundred sixty (260) regular
season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey
League, International Hockey League or any European Elite League,
prior to the start of the season and one (1) player, other than
goalkeepers, who has played in a total of not more than Three-
Hundred and Twenty (320) regular season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey
League or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season.
Any player that participates in European Elite League games during a
hockey season which the player would be eligible to play in the
Canadian Hockey League (excluding an over-age year) shall not have
such games count in the calculation of the two hundred sixty (260)
regular season games.
Players on loan from the National Hockey
League for a first fourteen day conditioning period shall not be affected
by the aforesaid experience requirement. In the event a Club dresses
fewer than eighteen (18) skaters the number twelve (12) shall be
reduced accordingly. The penalty for violation of this section of By-Law
8 shall be the same as set forth in By-Law 16 (f) concerning the use of
an ineligible player.​

basically the CHL would have a tough time drawing fans if a 16 year old John Tavares could go play in the A and get a paycheck more than what they receive in per diems in the CHL... and this would stunt the players development etc...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well you see, Dude, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Dude, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers. ;)

~Cliffy.

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, this Shirokov guy looks pretty interesting.

He played on a line with Malkin and Oveckhin in the 2005 WJR's for Russia I think and amassed 8 points.

He has looked fantastic so far, especially vs San Jose playing with the Sedins.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Put me on a line with Malkin and Ovechkin. I'd get 6 points.

Shirokov looked great with the sisters the other night.
We have many options this year on who will play with them.
Burrows/kesler/samulsson
bernier/wellwood/Hodgson

anyways. many options. lots of depth.
I'm very excited for this year.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way they should sit out hodgson another year. I think its time he gets some minutes in the bigs. He was player of the year last year, and seems ready for the next level.

Trading Demitra for a 2nd round pick would be great. at least trying to pick up something for him. as well as dropping the 4 mil a year he makes.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big disappointment for me is Grabner so far.

Guy has been given every chance to succeed and has fallen flat back to Manitoba again.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0