Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Game 1 of '08/'09 Season

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great tribute to Luc before the game started. Very well done.
Apparently they showed to the team a couple of times before tonight and it still looked like it choked a few guys up.

Just seeing them skating out there gets me going for a new season!

I'm excited to see guys on the ice that give a shite this year instead of watching guys play half assed waiting for the season to end.

Go Canucks Go!!!

WTF was that crap before the game? I turned it on when Def Leppard came on and they were awful!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game so far...sure glad I have Loungo in my keeper pool.

Burress is playing lights out tonight. Great celebration after his the first goal, pointing his glove and stick to the rafters.

Fast, hard hitting, and very entertaining! Can wait till Saturday....1-0 T.O. followed by 1-0 Canucks:wa::knvb:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the bandwagon full?? I may want on! This game tonight was a brand of hockey that I will pay to watch. Awesome!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite they may score a touchdown:wa:

Now everyone cover your heads and look behind you in the final minutes

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!
Loving that someone is actually sticking up for Luongo this year.

Nicely!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game so far...sure glad I have Loungo in my keeper pool.

Burress is playing lights out tonight. Great celebration after his the first goal, pointing his glove and stick to the rafters.

Fast, hard hitting, and very entertaining! Can wait till Saturday....1-0 T.O. followed by 1-0 Canucks:wa::knvb:

Franchise, he spells his name Burris not Burress.:)

I don't think Sundin can crack this roster!

BTW...I thought Tom Cochrane did a great job and I think it was appropriate that he didn't sing the lyrics about "hitting a truck going 70 in the wrong lane." At least, I don't recall hearing this.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game indeed. The atmosphere was worth the ticket price. Luongo stoned the Flames early on....Canucks then capitalized it. Was that tribute special or what? The pre-game stuff was moving. Hope this continues. They definitely have more grit and effort than last year.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait to hear the same bunch of you whine towards the end of the season. I expected more from Bert with Iginla lucky I didn't take him in my pool.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, he spells his name Burris not Burress.:)

I don't think Sundin can crack this roster!

BTW...I thought Tom Cochrane did a great job and I think it was appropriate that he didn't sing the lyrics about "hitting a truck going 70 in the wrong lane." At least, I don't recall hearing this.

No, he left that out. All class.

Yoda- you said it. Love having guys who play like they want to be here. it has been my beef w/ Naslund for a long time...for at least the past two seasons, he's look uninterested. He's always been a poor choice for Captain, but when you're a Captain and play as if you're going through the motions for most of the season, that attitude filters down. You can tell this group has 100% respect for Luongo, and are following his lead.

Burrows...gotta feel great for him! That celebration was Luc's old celebration from junior: the archer.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Tribute.

Game was good. Nice to see no floaters out there, atleast what was shown on TV. Some good fast skating.... Especially Rypien(spelling) shorthanded goal. Some good hits on both sides.

Not sure if i like Crawford as the colour commentator on CBC..... Guess we'll have to get used to him.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game to watch. That was the most exciting brand of hockey the canucks have played in years. It is great to see so much team speed and toughness. Hanson, Rypien,demitra, raymond, kesler and burrows all 6 of those boys can fly. I'm not starting the parade route yet but I it least like the style of play we are attempting to play and I would pay to go watch it. It was tough the last few years with two top lines that looked like they were skating in quick sand. Excited for Saturday as I feel an opening whistle brew ha ha is in the works.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, he left that out. All class.

Yeah Sundin wouldn't help this team even more, he is shite:rolleyes:

Saturday night is going to be exciting!

Just hope Steve Bernier doesn't fight Pheanuf again, I don't think he will get off so lucky this time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was an awesome way to open the year.

The Canucks CAN NOT (it is physically impossible to do so 82 times plus playoffs) play that intense and fierce every night...However when they do it will be a treat to watch.

Jannick Hansen is a different player than he was for his bits the last two years he had in the Bigs.
O'Brien looks like the perfect 6th Dman, with Davison on the bench as the 7th...things look good.(huge upgrades on Krajicek and McIver imho)
Ohlund showed a lot more courage last night in his risk taking and physical play than I have seen from him in the last probably 4 years (Contract time)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was an awesome way to open the year.

The Canucks CAN NOT (it is physically impossible to do so 82 times plus playoffs) play that intense and fierce every night...However when they do it will be a treat to watch.

Jannick Hansen is a different player than he was for his bits the last two years he had in the Bigs.
O'Brien looks like the perfect 6th Dman, with Davison on the bench as the 7th...things look good.(huge upgrades on Krajicek and McIver imho)
Ohlund showed a lot more courage last night in his risk taking and physical play than I have seen from him in the last probably 4 years (Contract time)

I agree, I'm just hoping on the nights they can't how they play will still be good enough to win. The speed this team has in crazy, they were walking around Calgary all night, so excited for the rest of the year.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, I'm just hoping on the nights they can't how they play will still be good enough to win. The speed this team has in crazy, they were walking around Calgary all night, so excited for the rest of the year.

I think it was the Def Leperd concert that put them over the top.

The lead singer was the only guy not going shirtless/buttonless. Too bad. It looked like he had some nice man-boobs.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
right. And the lead singer when McCarty handed the Cup to him, placed it upside down on the pedestal, when the crowd jeered him, he said, what do we know? We are soccer boys! Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0