Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2021/2022

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are done
Atleast we still have the Whitecaps to fall back on

Hide Oops GIF by Hourglass Brewing

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close but no cigar.

I enjoyed the 2nd half of the season though.

Be interesting to see what moves they make going forward both in terms of coaching and players for next year.
I agree, Bruce’s time here was exciting

They were like watching a completely different team. Even when they were down a couple you’d stay and watch because you knew they could pull it off instead of turning it off and watching something else.
Exciting hockey against the good teams and the shitty teams.

Hopefully they can start next season where they left off this one.

Finally exciting times to be a Canuck fan.

I guarantee you nobody wanted to play them if they made the playoffs

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Canucks draft position is #9.

What's your prediction on where we end up in the draft lotto? - I'm optimistic and predict 7. I'd be over the moon if top 5.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Canucks draft position is #9.

What's your prediction on where we end up in the draft lotto? - I'm optimistic and predict 7. I'd be over the moon if top 5.
I predict we trade our 1st and fall back a bit to gain an extra couple of extra picks.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The team is playing well, but let’s not get excited about draft day going well for us, likely still get the worst possible scenario there

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, Bruce’s time here was exciting

They were like watching a completely different team. Even when they were down a couple you’d stay and watch because you knew they could pull it off instead of turning it off and watching something else.
Exciting hockey against the good teams and the shitty teams.

Hopefully they can start next season where they left off this one.

Finally exciting times to be a Canuck fan.

I guarantee you nobody wanted to play them if they made the playoffs
with that putrid D? easy now... they had a nice run but as we are seeing with the Caps that "to the ramparts men!" stuff doesn't carry over to the next season, and they're still paying Myers and OEL 13 million between them...

BUT.... I think Luongo finally comes off the books!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boeser's dad has bad onset dementia? No wonder the poor kid couldn't really perform this year... unless he wanted to stay, why wouldn't they give him an indefinite leave from the team? Ton of respect (and empathy) for him for playing through that...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barry Trotz canned from the Islanders... if JR/Allvin looking for more structure, is this not the guy?

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Trotz > Boudreau.... Lets be honest, Bruce served a purpose, instilling confidence back to a team that lost it. But if 3 years (2 now) is the window to build a contender, Rutherford is looking to implement a specific brand of hockey now. I wonder if Bruce can operate that way and can Rutherford burn another year if it doesn't pan out?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Trotz > Boudreau.... Lets be honest, Bruce served a purpose, instilling confidence back to a team that lost it. But if 3 years (2 now) is the window to build a contender, Rutherford is looking to implement a specific brand of hockey now. I wonder if Bruce can operate that way and can Rutherford burn another year if it doesn't pan out?

I agree, but their problem is that if they let Boudreau walk and they faceplant, they fan base will riot... And it's a mutual option as I understand it, so either of them can say "peace" to their arrangement... Boudreau may well be in demand elsewhere, and they don't want to give him more than this coming year as of yet...

They need to get it right because Horvat and Miller are both up after the coming year, OEL and Myers aren't getting any younger (or better), and they don't have anything coming up through the system that's going to move the needle in an appreciable way...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0