Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is actually good for the Canucks, in that it will force management (whoever it is) to realize they aren't anywhere near as good as they think. bottom line is they thought they were great in 2011, and were until they ran into a far superior playoff opponent in the Bruins. after that series the book on how to play them was out, and the long, slow decline began.

the top players still have significant value. any blueliner not named Keith Ballard will have value back east. if they have the stones to reload - not rebuild, but reload - they can bring in comparable but different players and probably also re-stock the farm system a bit in the process...

the problem area is goaltending... if the real issue with Schnieder was anxiety, you now have two goalies with a visible tendency to self-destruct when it matters most... never thought I'd see that out of Schnieder, so now I really don't have any clue what they do to fix the mess Gillis has created at all...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh and on the penalties, please sober up. bieksa drilled the guy from behind right in front of the ref, and sedin's hit on wingels is textbook boarding... the optics suck on it being the far zebra making the call, but if that's Wingels hitting Sedin and no-call the windows would be breaking at the downtown London Drugs right now, so zip it...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh and on the penalties, please sober up. bieksa drilled the guy from behind right in front of the ref, and sedin's hit on wingels is textbook boarding... the optics suck on it being the far zebra making the call, but if that's Wingels hitting Sedin and no-call the windows would be breaking at the downtown London Drugs right now, so zip it...

sober up?
Bieksa drilled the guy?? you gotta be kidding me.
Text book boarding?? ha ha ha ha. it was 100% shoulder to shoulder and every announcer was saying it.
if the guy was able to stay on his feet from being hit by a sister, it wouldn't have been an issue.

i am not saying this is what lost the series...the Sharks were clearly the better team, but when you have to fight the team on the ice and the Refs, it just isn't fair.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk that noise.....the last thing the Flyers need is another sieve in between the pipes. Let's hope the God the Flyers don't stoop that low to get him......

Now this is classic stuff Sham.....Flyers for the past 10 years have had a pylon for a keeper. They defined the word "sieve between the pipes". Luo is a top 5 goalie no question about it. Flyers smartest thing would be going after Luo....but as usual they will sign/trade for another beauty. (Steve Mason)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least there will be a market for Lou...Philly and Pitsburg look like they can use him.

Gutted, but this had to happen. Coaching change and retooling badly needed.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb I agree with your post. They all blame coach. Nothing to do with him. Gillis is the man to blame. Coach got them to playoffs. Gillis did not and could not make any trades. You are right they need a change. AV is the winnies coach they ever head. Why get rid of him. How about ship out Raymond undersize complayoffs nata. Booth nata, Ballard nata,Bieksa nata always hurts the team. He is not the same player any more as he used to be. Twins MFG they need to go. Luo should stay. Kid will bring a top line player if traded. Luo will bring onother Kassian. We need three hard nose big guys that can play plus one guy in D with size that can rock guys. Rest we have. Twins would bring two younger bigger guys if they got traded. St Jose would fit them. If they keap gillis same shite for next five years.
In my opinion Burk should be brought back. They can say what they want but just look what he did with Toronto in four years. Younger faster stronger. Next year it might be their year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buljivi I think your page photo is what you are all about, hockey is not that important to you. Do't you agree. Even girls like that one on your page would do more in playoffs than twins. One or two goals in four playoff games. How many chances do you think they should get. It realy does not matter who the coach is they will still dog it in playoffs. All they think is how to be top tweny in points each year. Missing the most important part.Tha's just my opinion. If Gillis stays nothing will change. He keaps adding fourth line players. Not good enough.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis doesnt bench players, sit starting goalies, put center man on the wings, put the sedins out in the last 30 secs to protect against one goal games or play edler more then the minute of ice time he deserves.....

AV IS THE GUY TO GO

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Presser is in 30 minutes, not to rehash the last 2 days of Team 1040 coverage, however:
1. Gillis will announce that AV is gone... or...
2. Gillis will say that they need time to get over emotions so as not to make an emotional decision on the coaching staff.

I don't think they should fire AV unless they have a proper suitable replacement for him. No need to make a change for the sake of change when there's other systemic issues present such as GM, Core Players, no depth in minors etc.

Franny, while I agree with your post- that being said AV also had his hands tied. He had Ballard (4.2M hit), Booth (4.25M) and Luongo (5.3M) in cap space unavailble for other players... Booth was an injury, but I digress.

If Gillis had got the finger out on a trade for one of the tenders he'd have had that cap space for another player at the deadline, and for this off season, notably July 1. Gillis also has drafted horrifically. I've posted it before, no need to rehash it... but essentially Corrado Jensen Sauve and Schroeder are the only drafted players other than Hodgson who've skated for the Nucks for a grand total of 41 games between them. Gillis has under performing Ballard under his watch, oft injured and under performing Booth on his watch and other than a few good re-ups and July 1 acquisitions Gillis hasn't changed this team at all. I heard a nice analogy from Moj on the radio stating That "This is the house Burke and Nonis built and Gillis & Gillman simply accessorized it"

Too many guys with NMC's and NTC's. No depth in the minors aside from Gaunce in Junior.

The Scouting department was never turned over from Burke and Nonis (Who also drafted astonishingly bad aside from Luc Bourdon (RIP)) under Gillis, and what's the definition of insanity again Mr. Albert Einstein?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Presser is in 30 minutes, not to rehash the last 2 days of Team 1040 coverage, however:
1. Gillis will announce that AV is gone... or...
2. Gillis will say that they need time to get over emotions so as not to make an emotional decision on the coaching staff.

I don't think they should fire AV unless they have a proper suitable replacement for him. No need to make a change for the sake of change when there's other systemic issues present such as GM, Core Players, no depth in minors etc.

Franny, while I agree with your post- that being said AV also had his hands tied. He had Ballard (4.2M hit), Booth (4.25M) and Luongo (5.3M) in cap space unavailble for other players... Booth was an injury, but I digress.

If Gillis had got the finger out on a trade for one of the tenders he'd have had that cap space for another player at the deadline, and for this off season, notably July 1. Gillis also has drafted horrifically. I've posted it before, no need to rehash it... but essentially Corrado Jensen Sauve and Schroeder are the only drafted players other than Hodgson who've skated for the Nucks for a grand total of 41 games between them. Gillis has under performing Ballard under his watch, oft injured and under performing Booth on his watch and other than a few good re-ups and July 1 acquisitions Gillis hasn't changed this team at all. I heard a nice analogy from Moj on the radio stating That "This is the house Burke and Nonis built and Gillis & Gillman simply accessorized it"

Too many guys with NMC's and NTC's. No depth in the minors aside from Gaunce in Junior.

The Scouting department was never turned over from Burke and Nonis (Who also drafted astonishingly bad aside from Luc Bourdon (RIP)) under Gillis, and what's the definition of insanity again Mr. Albert Einstein?

Most I agree but Gillis also signed Sedins, Chedder Nuts, Burrows etc at a bargain!!

And the AV replacement will be Lindy Ruff

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gave him credit where it was due- specifically I said
"and other than a few good re-ups and July 1 acquisitions Gillis hasn't changed this team at all. I heard a nice analogy from Moj on the radio stating That "This is the house Burke and Nonis built and Gillis & Gillman simply accessorized it"

Note that he also re-signed Burrows to 2016/17 with a cap hit of $4.5... which is a kneecapping considering his production and where the cap is dropping to... but he got Higgins at 2.5, so if you consider you get the two of them at a total of 7 he did okay on that imho. The new Burrows cap hit makes him essentially untradeable. Take his stats from this year and extrapolate for 82 games and he's a 32 year old 25 goal scorer that kills penalties and is a pariah for referees. Don't get me wrong, we're a better team with Burrows than without him... but he's on the back side of his career now.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one but Gillis is the problem. Do you thinck that coach AV would have pulled Luo after second game. No chance. That came fro Gillis. Edler is not the problem. The problem is they can not score. Twins are not for playoffs. We all know it. Now they must do the right thing. Keap both coach and manager here. Trade Shids and Kesler and Bieksa and bring in Line number one all new. Move twins to line two. Buy a youg big D for Raymond and a third round pick. The way I see it the team is split. Kesler and Luo just can not stay together. Kesler Shinds are boddies. Luo troubles come fro some of that. We all know Sedins are imposible to move,Luo has a contract for life. He is good and should stay.
Kesler was a reason why Luo.s C was removed.
If you guys watched at the start of each game when twins went out before Kesler and Roy and Higgins. AS a coach I read eyes as it shows. Bieksa is also part of that group. Just few changes and we will be fine. To get rid of both cach and GM is just stupid move. We made playoffs we just need first line. With selling of few players we could get it.
Higgins is third line player not any higher. Owners must watch that all that does not snow ball.
Jensen will make the team next year. We do have third and fourth line.By moving twins to line two we need line one.
Simple add size and grit rest will take care of it self.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toronto GM and Gillis both should get an aword for damies of the year. Goal tender cost Toronto from moving on.
No trades made Canucks easy team to play against.
Soon we will see what happens with Canucks. Maybe owners will do the right thing and promote AV to office and send Gillis to play more golf. AV coud bring in Morice as a coach and we might do well next year. We need more agressive team. With Gillis it's not going to be.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoff unrelated but what a cheap cnut hit Edler put on Staal.....I haven't seen a guy in that much pain in a long time.
I'm sure Carolina is really happy about Staal probably being lost for the entire 2013-2014 season.

Cheap, cheap, cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0