Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Nationals 2008 NFLD

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's lot of heresay going on in here! From what I know and I'm going with the BC women, is that there wasn't enough rooms for all the provinces at one hotel. The host hotel is The Fairmont NFLD, us, Alberta and Sask are having to stay down the street at the Courtyard Marriot. The rooms cost $185.00 a night and we are there for 8 nights, 9 days. We talked about going to Holiday inn for $99 a night and were told by CSA that we would be kicked out of the tournament if we did not stay where we are told to. I agree with Regs and Dude as you both bring up good points. Dude as for the women, I can tell you none of them are business owners and quite a few are young and still live at home with their parents. Some of the big bread winners on the team are high school teachers. All BC soccer has paid for is 18 return air fares to NFLD and rumour has it that Charlie wants to take our team out for a dinner this friday! Dude on your points about having since May to raise $$ you are right. With Surrey going for the 5th straight year it does start to get tiresome going to the same friends and family trying to get people to part with their money. It may sound lame, but I'm just telling you from experience. My buddies get tired of me saying hey do you want to buy this pool, or meat draw or box of cookies to help support. Let's be honest I'm at the age were lot's of my friends are also trying to raise money for their kid's involved in sports so there is lot's of competition. Anyways that's my 2 cents!:cool:

You should be sending that 2 cents Gorge's way to make sure they can go

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
we can all say that we wish gorge all the best....and bring back some hardware for BC.....a tough schedule as i see it, but you do have to beat em all anyways. Final BC 1, Cowboys zip......:wa:

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for rumors, as Patty stated (even with his terrible writing skills) the Gorge are attending Nationals, leaving on Monday morning. A little bit of a tough draw but that's the way it goes. We are ready to play whoever steps on the other side of the pitch. As for the hotels, money could definitely be saved. Ridiculous that we are told where we have to stay. Apparently, the Fairmont is a CSA sponsor. I thought sponsors were supposed to help those involved. I am not too sure all I know is that different businesses, organizations, VISL and several different members of the community have helped us with fund raising so that we are able to attend and not have to pay an arm and a leg. We thank everyone for their support and look forward to competing and representing BC well.

Thanks again for the support and we will fill you in as we go.

Cheers

MC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to both BC teams.

You must still be able to raise some shite? Print out the rack rate, and demand it uppon arrival. Raise some shite at the desk. They always love that.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well since there is no Jubilee thread, I'm gonna post on here. Surrey United arrived in sunny St john's today at 1:30pm. Our first game was supposed to be on wednesday against PEI but CSA recieves a call from the PEI representitive on friday night saying they couldn't afford to make it to NFLD and now have dropped out. So now we have travelled this far and like I said in an earlier post not cheaply and were told if we stayed at the Holiday Inn for $99 a night we would be kicked out of the tournament. So here we are at $180 a night, each room x's 8 rooms and our first game isn't until thursday. IMO the CSA is a joke as we are not even in the main hotel. Us and the women's from AB and SASK are staying 4 blks away from the main hotel. Anyways hopefully the weather stands up and we will get some good sight seeing in! SU plays there first game against the host NFLD on thursday!

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i just read the visl web and the gorge goaler is out for the year with injury, not sure what this means as i have not seen them, but assume not a good start. Sad sad state of affairs after reading the conductors thread!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU has already won tomorrow's game and it's only 11pm tuesday night here. PEI withdrew out of the tournament on saturday night, as they were supposed to be Surrey's first game, Surrey get's 3 points and another bye day. Next up the host NFLD on thursday at 11:30am which is 7am back home. Love them or hate them, I firmly believe SU deserves some support from the local soccer community as they are representing BC!:cool: also good luck to the men representive's the gorge! Day 2 for me and still haven't seen Larrson, mind you their is a strip bar across the street from the main hotel where they are staying!:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Day 2 for me and still haven't seen Larrson, mind you their is a strip bar across the street from the main hotel where they are staying!:D

Don't tell me they will let him on stage, OK I can't look away.
But who is the lad with him, he must be a cowboy from cowtown.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RajNvJ3bCU]YouTube - Chris Farley Chippen Dale[/ame]

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is absolutely minging that a club pulls out of a National championship..........:( It makes a mockery of the entire tournament. Either way, good luck to Surrey United.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results so far today:

MEN
Alberta 2
PEI 1

BC 1
Quebec 1

NS 1
Manitoba 0

WOMEN
Ontario 2
Manitoba 1

Quebec 12
Saskatchewan 0

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result for SU today as Alberta and Nova scotia tied 2-2. SU play NFLD runner-up in less than 10 hours!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the last half hour of the Gorge game. Heard that Newfie scored a weak goal, that the keeper should have had. The wind was crazy probably 50 km and hour and Gorge kept putting it in the air, which didn't make sense. From what I saw though Gorge was taking the play to them and were unlucky not to score. Gorge pretty much done now as that was Newfies 2nd team. SU ladies playing against NFLD #2 came out and scored in the first 3 minutes with nutmegs finishing a PK. SU played well considering they have been sitting around for the last 3 days getting antsy to play a real game. At the half it was 3-0, the bonus today was they everyone got into the game. The final was 6-0 with Randee getting 3 and Bianca getting 2. Tomorrow will be the big test as SU plays Alberta.

stoonsoccer

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the first half of Gorge game. Though they looked to be a better team Gorge had not generated any chances up to that point. Goal was a close wide shot that hit a defender and spun towards corner of net that goalie knocked in trying to make save. This division is a tough one as Ont, Que, & NL1 are all quality teams. NL2 however should have been an easy win for Gorge but they did not look nearly as good as yesterday.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0