Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Centennial 2012: Canada vs USA

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday June 3rd @ BMO KO 4:00PM Pacific LIVE on SportsNet

My prediction: 1-1

Go Canada!

Last edited:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
0-0 final.

USA took the piss for the first 10 minutes or so and then just mildly for the rest of the half.

I thought Canada did very well in the second half and once Jackson came on for Billy Ocean :rolleyes: we looked much more dangerous and were unlucky not to pot one.

BTW, the retro jerseys looked good!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. These should be our fulltime Kit.
2. Occean and Ricketts have some ability, sadly neither seem to have the ability to hit the back of the net.
3. Thought we missed Simpson and Hutchinson
4. Too Much kick n hope, but I guess with a patchy midfield beggars can't be choosers
5. As much as the Yanks looked disinterested at times, DeRo and DeGuzman played very well (imho) at both ends of the park and DeRo could have had the best performance on the night, certainly not the best player on paper on that field but played very hard and had some excellent moments
6. That Piette kid (Fat 17 year old that came in) has no club, and I've never heard of him. Where did he come from? Hard to miss with that belly!
7. The Officials were absolutely awful. That play where the ball got from DeRo to Ledgerwood...If it's a foul then it's a foul, but you can see the lino only puts his flag up once he sees that Ledgerwood is in clean on goal, and although the whistle went and Howard might have only put his hands up, that was a great finish...Good on DeRo for berating the lino on that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I thought DeRo last night was the best I've seen from him in a Canada jersey.

DeGuzman however I thought struggled a bit with getting the ball out of his feet - he was missing that "smoothness" factor or something.

Is it just me or does the backline just seem 'awkward'? There was a couple of times where they were trying to go from one side to the other and a simple 20 yard pass was being made 4 feet off the ground :rolleyes:

Will Johnson gets my most improved vote - I thought he showed a lot of confidence moving forward in the middle of the park to go along with the high work rate he's always had.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tim howard and dero dont seem to be very happy with one another at the end there... love it!

[video=youtube_share;7C8etfquluo]http://youtu.be/7C8etfquluo[/video]

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess they ran out of time to interview anyone from team Canada. Maybe they were afraid they would have to get a french translator?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see Mr.Hoilett(sp) at the game. Hopefully a good sign of his intentions.
Ocean did not have the best game, but I still think he will fit in well going forward and give Canada sue "depth".

Really missed Hutchinson, his knee keeps on giving him and the mens program problems.

Good bit of confidence going forward for Canada. Can't wait for the Cuba game. Bandwagon is currently empty so anyone is welcome.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question: Isn't Rochat Canadian?

Another question: If he is, why isn't he on the MNT or is he tied to another country?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0