Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada announces roster for September matches

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CANADA
1- GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
2- D- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / SV Wehen Wiesbaden
3- M- Mike Klukowski | TUR / Manisaspor
4- CB- Kevin McKenna | GER / FC Köln
5- D- André Hainault | USA / Houston Dynamo
6- M- Julian de Guzman | CAN / Toronto FC
7- M- Terry Dunfield | CAN / Toronto FC
8- M- Will Johnson | USA / Real Salt Lake
9- M/F- Tosaint Ricketts | ROM / FC Politehnica Timişoara
10- M- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Norwich City FC
11- M- Josh Simpson | TUR / Manisaspor
12- D- Ante Jazic | USA / Chivas USA
13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | NED / PSV Eindhoven
14- F- Dwayne De Rosario | USA / DC United
15- D- Dejan Jakovic | USA / DC United
16- F- Olivier Occean | GER / SpVgg Greuther Fürth
17- M/F- Iain Hume | ENG / Preston North End FC
20- D- Jaime Peters | ENG / Ipswich Town FC
22- GK- Milan Borjan | TUR / Sivasspor

16 of 19 were on gold cup squad.

Iain Hume /Olivier Occean/Ante Jazic

good Luck!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
too bad they haven't got any commitment from Hoilett yet.

Dont get your hopes up.

He will play for Jamaica.. I read his dad said he would disown him if he went to canada because the OSA cut him from the provincial u14 team a couple years ago

FML

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hoilett can also cap for England apparently...although with the other young bucks coming through the ranks at other clubs he'd be a long shot to Cap with them.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see all of these BC players on the team that the Whitecaps and BC Soccer are developing.
How many are there again????????

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see all of these BC players on the team that the Whitecaps and BC Soccer are developing.
How many are there again????????

Dunfield played for me in 1997 with BC U15 when he was home on a break from Man City. The rest have been to Vancouver before I guess :eek:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has happened here? We used to have at least half of the team from BC, so much for the Whitecaps and BC Soccer working together for the past 10 years to develop players. They have failed miserably.
Yet they keep spewing out how their program is so great.
If it is so great, where are the players?
If they keep telling us how good they are, some people will start to believe them.
Oh! then there is the team on the field of a club that is going to be one of the top 25 in the World.
Why am I not believing?

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has happened here? We used to have at least half of the team from BC, so much for the Whitecaps and BC Soccer working together for the past 10 years to develop players. They have failed miserably.
Yet they keep spewing out how their program is so great.
If it is so great, where are the players?
If they keep telling us how good they are, some people will start to believe them.
Oh! then there is the team on the field of a club that is going to be one of the top 25 in the World.

:
Why am I not believing?

The BCSA Soccer Dev Comm( go see website under "About us" then click on meeting minutes and scroll to bottom). Last September this committee looked to quantify objectives when it comes to placing BC players on Natl teams. Unfortunately they have not given specific measurables to these objectives(its only been a year, please be patient:rolleyes).

Once they do then we can all see what their internal expectations are and if they meet them in the future.

Maybe some accountability for this is on the way? :confused:

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I spoke to Marcus Haber today and he as well will join the Canadian Roster as he left for Toronto today.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterdays Whitecap program. 2 Canadians on roster-which I think breaks a league rule. 15 US players out of 28. There is your 50% Jigsaw. We are a satellite dev team for the USSF

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry, the Whitecaps have it all in hand. There will be loads of BC players from their Residecy Program making the jump soon,as they will tell you. 10 years of this crap and everyone still buys into how good they say they are. Not one BC player on their Roster at this time and Elmsy says they only had two Canadians on the roster, when three is the rule. If that is the case, then someone should be sacked for not seeing this. I thought Tommy Quick Fix knew all of the rules of MLS, isn't that why they hired him?
Gong show. Even if they did win a rare home game.
I was at Chivas v Real Salt Lake last night and the standard was night and day to what is at Empire.
Our percentage representation just went through the roof. Jigsaw, you better retract your comments....;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0