Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brown Soccer Banter

Fiji

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another nig game this weekend for the Fiji guys are the under 21 match at Hastings Bowl near th PNE on saturday at 2pm between Sikh Temple which has 6 Fijians on their team againt SFC Firefighters which has all but 1 fijian. Should be interesting

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper you twot......Vishnu is a Hindu god...and that is why the club you are referring to is called Sikh Temple and not Hindu Temple!

ElJefewishingsomeposterswouldgettheirheadoutoftheirass. ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Religion never was my strength. Hell, it was only until recently I discovered Ireland wasn't fighting over credit for Lord of the Dance.

DesiBaba

Sep 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If u were to manage the GN Premier in the fraser valley........

what would be GN's best bet for the future regarding the winter seasons?

If a team in the FVSL wins the entire league, how do they get to the VMSL?

TO Resham's buddy your KFC team sucks
:eek:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DesiBaba....

Personally, I think if any team wants to come to the VMSL they should start from div.3......some may disagree and some may not. All the teams must start somewhere but fraser valley is fraser valley!

Hard Ballz

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harb Ballz

just wondering how long Temple have been in the VMSL, and from where did they start, like did they start from div 3 or no?

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
another thing Hard Ballz, if you do happen to win the fraser valley premier or do well there, dont you think that its a good idea to have those teams play in the VMSL, either premier or atleast div 1, instead of going to div 3 and making their way up because they have proved that they can play at a high level?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star #1......

I believe it's been over 20 years that Temple has been in the VMSL and most of those years in div.2. I'm not sure where exactly they started but about 7-8 years ago we fell to div.3 ( not exciting ) and got to div.2 and worked our way to div.1. Staying in div.1 was a tough task for us especially not having comitted guys and we ended up going to the last games of the season to see if we stay up or get demoted.........it even went to shootouts. Anyways, the last 6 years or so have been spent in div.1 and this is probably our best squad we've ever had and the best chance to move up to premier. To answer your other question about playing so well in fraser valley and getting a spot in VMSL.......I personally don't think it may be fair to other teams that are in the VMSL kicking thier butt. .....maybe some people can share opinions because that's just mine.......cheers!

Hard Ballz

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard Ballz, fair enough, did Surrey United get a spot in premier by winning the Valley Premier?, and how did Surrey FC (pegasus) get a spot up there?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star#1...

No clue:confused: . I'm sure somebody who has been around for a long time can answer that.

Hard Ballz

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I'm wrong but...

Surrey U and Surrey FC both went to VMSL premier when the premier division expanded to 12 teams. I think that was about 5 years ago.

Surrey FC lost their spot that same year and were relegated back to the valley. A couple of years ago Surrey FC and North Shore Pegasus reached some sort of agreement where Peg would play under the Surrey FC umbrella (probably in exchange for funding:confused: ) Sort of like the agreement Surrey FC forged with the Firefighters this season.

I don't think the VMSL would allow a valley team to step right into a premier or div. 1 spot. They would probably have to start in div.3 OR strike some sort of alliance with an existing team, much like Surrey FC has done with Peg and FF. I think it's only fair that a team should have to work its way up rather than be handed a spot.

helpful yowen

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frase Valley vs VMSL

I have a quick question. I have never seen a fraser valley game and I was wondering what the competition and calibre is like compared to the VMSL

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Spot

Now there is no Div 3 in VMSL, GN could probably get a spot in Div 2. If they have the talent(which I am sure they do) they should be up in Div 1 after only 1 season. Besides, the guys on GN are young, so what's one season. Just something to consider....

GURPSLOVEDHARDBALLZHISTORYLESSON:p

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0