Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brazil vs Canada? [Result: 3-2 Brazil]

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Brazil vs Canada?

TTP noob here, but def in for a road trip, would love to see a friendly and crush a couple brews.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dutch- will you be old enough? Last time I saw you I think you were using fake ID to get into the Spike.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought the drinking age was lower on that side of the border?
Maybe my fake will work there? ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We'll have to sneak you in to the post match venue, son. We'll tie a string to you, kick you out onto the dance floor, and use you as cougar bait.

As posted elsewhere, but brilliant nonetheless...

Attachments

• cougar1.jpg
    cougar1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 103

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Excellent.

What are the logistics in putting a bus package together? Should a tour company be approached? What about a block of tickets? I'm not really interested in buying from the Whitecaps (if they offer, which they will)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can look into getting a block from the Caps if they are arranging it...Wolfgang and I have a few good contacts at their office.

I think we could get in touch with one of those tourbus companies, I think this would be the one to use, we used them a lot when I was playing hockey and we were tourney-ing all the time. Charter Bus for Groups and Tours Quick Shuttle: Vancouver Seattle Schedule

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I called the Caps office and chatted with the guy I know in Ticket Sales...

They are not sure what their deal (if any at all) will be since this is a Sounders FC (MLS Operation) Venture...

I would surmise that the MLS season ticket holders would get first kick at the can, then sounder USL team getting second kick at can

Would the group prefer to go down and return in the same evening or find a hotel package to stay and party the saturday night and return home Sunday?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JBN,

That bus/tour looks good!

About $80 round-trip.

Overnight would be my vote, return same day would be my wife's :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Found this posted on another board.

BRAZIL NATIONAL TEAM TO VISIT SEATTLE, BOSTON IN PREPARATION FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS

Brazilian stars expected to travel in preparation for World Cup qualifiers

NEW YORK (Tuesday, April 29, 2008) – Soccer United Marketing today announced that five-time world champion Brazil will play two matches in the United States in 2008. On Saturday, May 31, Brazil will face Canada at Qwest Field in Seattle, Wash., and will then travel to the East Coast to face Venezuela in Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass. on Friday, June 6, in a doubleheader with the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer in its regular season match versus FC Dallas.

Brazil is expected to call up its world-renown superstars such as Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato given its 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier match versus Paraguay on June 14, in Paraguay at Defensores del Chaco, a week after the U.S. tour.

May 31 – Brazil vs. Canada (Qwest Field, Seattle, WA)

In partnership with Seattle Sounders FC, SUM will organize the first match of the Brazilian National Team on Saturday, May 31 at Qwest Field. Kick off is set for 7:30 p.m. PT.

The last time that the Brazilian National Team played in Seattle was in May 1976 when they faced the USA League XI in a 2-0 win in the USA Bicentenary Cup. The last time that Canadian National Team played in Seattle was on July 9, 2005 in a 2-0 loss to the United States during the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Brazil’s all-time record against Canada is 1-1-0.

Canada, led by Houston Dynamo star Dwayne De Rosario and Deportivo la Coruña’s Julian de Guzmán, is currently preparing for the start of its 2010 World Cup Qualifying campaign against Saint Vincent and Grenadines on June 15 in Kingston, Jamaica before the return leg five days later in Montreal.

Tickets will go on sale Monday, May 5 at 10 a.m. Ticket prices range from $35-$125 and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 206.628.0888, visiting Seattle Sounders FC or Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site, and in person at all ticketmaster outlets or the Qwest Field Box Office: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. -2 p.m. Groups of 20 or more should call 1-877-MLS-GOAL.

Tickets will be available in advance of the general public on-sale for all Sounders FC season ticket holders. For information on Sounders FC season tickets please visit Seattle Sounders FC or call 1-877-MLS-GOAL

kenny

Jul 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm going as part of a package deal; round trip bus ride from downtown Vancouver to Seattle and includes tickets for $150.
Kent Travel Agency www.kent-travel.net are offering the above.

This is the first time Brazil has been in Seattle since 1976. This is a chance to see Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldo live !! playing against, who????

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

2-2 in the second half about 25 minutes to go... even if Canada goes on to lose, 2 goals is huge!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Even though this result is fairly good I wonder what the top countries such as Brasil think of our players from over here?

I'd bet they think we suck and it's similar to when our national hockey team plays like say Italy.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well then they should be able to stop Radzisnki from having breakaways or Julian Deguzman shooting laser beams from 25 yards out.

Canada had by far the most chances and looked very good moving forward. Two posts to boot. Brazil is clearly a class ahead, there were a few nutmegs and canadians were falling all over the place, I dont know how much of that can be attributed to teh pitch or the brazillians twisting them left and right.

Adriano needs to lay off the Jack-in-the-box. Diego is an evil genius. Brazil should stick with Fabiano & Vagner Love or Jo up front.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0