Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bobby Orr breaks silence

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone read the article today in the National Post?

Number 4 has a 100% go at both the Players and Owners and he is none too pleased.

He writes an article that basically says for both sides to get their shite together as the game, the fans, and the small people who make their livelihood from the game deserve better.

Be interesting to see how the Big Wigs react to it.

Check it out,

RF

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because he's one of the top 3 players of all time, if not the best, and he's pissed?

He's very well respected TR...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I can detect TheRob's sarcasm. He's very sly with it's use, you know.

And, I tend to agree, too. The league and PA have both shown to be senseless in this whole debacle. The players for taking too long to wake up to the situation, and realize that even with the "Cap", or "Cost Certainty", or whatever, they are still very well paid...much more so than they were in 1994.

The owners for not realizing that taking the original soft cap proposal by the PA, with some modifications, would have been very good for the owners, all the wile bringing about an automatic revenue sharing system.

All the while, their inability to reach an agreement has hurt the game, and will end up hurting both parties now far more than whatever damage they would have both incurred had they just been able to close things up in February.

These two parties have both been pissing in the wind up till now...my level of respect for anyone involved- from a business standpoint- is 100% gone.

I think that's what TheRob means, RF. Orr is bang on: Goodenow and Bettman should both step down, as I'm sure the stalemate would be solved, but both are too stubborn and too secure for anyone's good.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Because he's one of the top 3 players of all time, if not the best, and he's pissed?

He's very well respected TR...

He's also a player agent losing a shitload of cash every day. Alan Eagleson took most of his pension money away. Not saying this is his motivation for these statements but I think he loses a little credibility because of this. Top 2 players ever.

This article proves that Theo Fleury has lost his marbles completely. He looked terrible 2 weeks ago at Cowboys. I didn't look much better though. :D

www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/Sports/2005/04/25/1011736-sun.html

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts