Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Blaze Bot} United bid for Rooney

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully they accept. :D

Manchester United make Rooney bid

Manchester United have confirmed they have made a bid for Everton striker Wayne Rooney.

Transfer battle: United or Toon?

The offer is believed to be £20million, which would match Newcastle's bid for the 18-year-old England striker.

United are waiting for a response from their Barclays Premiership rivals.

A Manchester United spokesman said tonight: 'I can confirm we have made an official bid for Wayne Rooney - and we have not had a response yet.'

And boss Alex Ferguson added on MUTV soon after: 'We've made a bid today - he's a fabulous player, he showed that at Euro 2004 - and is a young player.

'He's not the finished article yet, but we've got experience of bringing young players to the club and bringing them on.'

Everton have rejected the bid after doing likewise with Newcastle's offer of the same amount.

The news may now prompt Newcastle to up their current offer of #20million for Rooney.

Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd had said earlier today he was willing to let time wind down as the closure of the transfer window approaches.

He said: 'We have made our offer to Everton Football Club and it is still on the table as far as we are concerned.

'There is still plenty of time before the transfer window closes and Everton can pick up our offer any time they want to.'

Shepherd has proved himself a tough negotiator in the recent past, although he may need all his powers of persuasion this time around if he is to prise 18-year-old Rooney away from the Toffees - particularly with United's interest now confirmed.

Everton insisted today that there had been no increased bid for the player and manager David Moyes is adamant no club will get him at a reduced price, if at all.

'We don't want to lose Wayne, but if we do, the only way is at the top price and the value we want,' he said.

'I would like to quote Bobby Robson's words: `You're talking about buying the most exciting, brilliant young player in Europe'.

'If that is what Sir Bobby thinks, then he's got to pay the most exciting and brilliant price because his current valuation is well short.

'Didier Drogba went to Chelsea for #24million, so Wayne's price should be well more than that. He's English and if you want to buy English, you have to pay a higher premium.'

But with time running down to Tuesday's deadline, it could come down to whose nerve holds longest with the Rooney camp yet to speak publicly about the bids.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
United think they got him. :D

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Man Utd close in on Rooney deal

Manchester United today announced they have reached an 'outline agreement' for the transfer of Wayne Rooney from Everton.

The announcement to the Stock Exchange came as Everton insisted they were still seeking 'the best available deal' for the 18-year-old England striker in the final hours before the transfer deadline at midnight tonight.

United's statement to the Stock Exchange read: 'Manchester United plc has reached an outline agreement with Everton FC for the transfer of the registration of Wayne Rooney, subject to his successful completion of a medical.

'Details of the agreement will be announced when all terms are complete.'

Rooney, who had also been targeted by Newcastle, was undergoing a medical at United's Carrington training complex following tests at a Manchester hospital earlier this morning.

However, the two clubs have yet to officially confirm a transfer fee - United having increased their bid to £25million over the weekend.

Everton spokesman Ian Ross said: 'I must stress that no deal has yet been done. We have always said we are looking for the best available deal for the club and supporters - and that is what we intend to do.'

Rooney is currently out of action after breaking his foot at Euro 2004. But that would not appear to have deterred United from getting their man, who arrived at the training complex with United's club doctor Mike Stone.

Rooney was not in the stands at Old Trafford when Everton drew with United yesterday but arrived in Manchester less than 24 hours later.

He hit out at Everton at the weekend for the response to his transfer request last week and said he was 'gutted' at the situation at the club.

Fans at Goodison jeered the absent teenager during their team's 2-1 win against West Brom after he demanded a move.

Newcastle bid £20million and then £23.5million for the Croxteth-born player who has scored 17 goals for the Toffees since arriving in the Premiership spectacularly two years ago.

But the departure of manager Sir Bobby Robson yesterday, plus the fact the Magpies could only offer UEFA Cup football compared to the lure of Champions League action at Old Trafford, would appear to have swayed Rooney away from the north-east.

United failed with their first bid of £20million before increasing their offer over the weekend.

The teenager's reputation - and consequently his transfer value - rocketed in the summer when he was the star of England's otherwise unremarkable Euro 2004 campaign, until breaking the fifth metatarsal bone in his right foot in the quarter-final defeat against hosts Portugal

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....Smith and Shrek in the same team!!! Will be alot of trips to the discipline board for United this year!!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manchester United Confirm Rooney Signing
Communications Department,
Manchester United PLC, Tuesday 31 August 2004

Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has finalised an agreement with Everton Football Club for the transfer of Wayne Rooney. Wayne has signed a six year contract until 30 June 2010.

The fee payable to Everton is £20 million. Half is due now, with half due on 1 August 2005. In addition there are contingent payments to Everton over the next five years up to a maximum of £7 million, dependent on club success, the player renewing his contract and his appearances at international level. Of this sum, £3 million will be due to Everton provided Rooney remains registered to MU until 30th June 2007

Agents’ fees payable to Proactive Sports Management Limited in relation to both the acquisition of the player and negotiation of his personal terms totalled £1.5m. Of this sum, £1.0m is guaranteed, of which £0.5m is payable immediately and the balance over the following 5 years in equal instalments. The remaining £0.5m will be paid in 5 equal instalments over the duration of Rooney’s contract provided he remains registered to MU at the due dates for payment.

Wayne Rooney said: “It was a tough decision to leave Everton, the club I’ve supported and played for all my life, but I’m excited to be joining a club as big as Manchester United. I feel this can only improve my career, playing with top players in top competitions like the Champions League and I can’t wait to meet up with the team”
Sir Alex Ferguson said: “I am very excited, I think we have got the best young player this country has seen in the past 30 years. Everyone is delighted by this signing”.

David Gill, Chief Executive of Manchester United PLC, said: “We are delighted to have reached an agreement for Wayne. He will be a tremendous asset to Manchester United and undoubtedly has a bright future ahead of him”.

Rooney Facts & Figures
Born: 24th Oct 1985, Liverpool
Height: 5’10
Position: Forward

Made his debut on the opening day of the 2002/2003 campaign against Tottenham at Goodison. Scored his first Premiership goal at the age of 16 against Arsenal. Wayne also became the youngest ever England International in February 2003 when he came on as a substitute against Australia at Upton Park. Wayne is the youngest player to score for England at the age of 17 in September 2003 against Macedonia. England Caps: 17, England Goals: 9.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's alot of money for someone who hasn't proven himself in the EPL. I have no doubt he will be a good player, but still not convinced he is going to be a star striker in England.
three years in Everton, (i think it was) 15 goals, 65 app, 16 yellows, 1 red. Yes i know he is young.

Really wish he went to NUFC, now he is just another twit from old trafford

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spud said:
Hmmm...I wonder if Shrek will ride Donkeyface around the pitch to celebrate his goals?

I'm sure they'll wait 'till they batter you at Anfield to do that :D

Kippax said:
That's alot of money for someone who hasn't proven himself in the EPL. I have no doubt he will be a good player, but still not convinced he is going to be a star striker in England.

Kippax,

You're right, it is a helluva' lot of money for someone who really isn't a proven striker in the Premiership. However, Fergie's made a living on spending a ton of money on unproven players :rolleyes: . Rooney has a lot to prove in the league but being as young as he is, he's got time to grow into an accomplished footballer. He'll be playing with great players week in / week out so that can only improve you. Plus, playing in the Champions League is of huge importance to a player like Rooney so think of it this way Kippax, it'll be good for England as well :D.

What makes me wonder though is where the hell are we going to play all our strikers ?? I mean, we've got Ruud, Smith, Saha, Rooney plus a host of others on the fringe of a first team place.

I personally think we should've splashed out on a midfielder but really, Fergie has never listened to my opinion in the past ...... the cnut.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
I'm sure they'll wait 'till they batter you at Anfield to do that :D

Well, I've got something to look forward to then.

P.s. With all the ManU merchandise stores around the world you'd think they could have found a shirt that fits the lad. Or is he just that fat?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap said:
Well, I've got something to look forward to for then.

Indeed you do ..... you'll finally get a chance to watch some decent football at Anfield.

With Wayne breaking a bone in his foot against Portugal, he may have went a little overboard and treated himself to one two many Bafana's (I believe the Portuguese equivalent to a kebab).

Extra chillies please .......

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a numpty said:
Indeed you do ..... you'll finally get a chance to watch some decent football at Anfield

You just wait, Rafa is about to bring on his latest project, er player, Frankendinho. He's a little slow but a monster in the air.

You just wait 'til we play you fcukers. Our secret weapon is Carragher. Rafa's got him working on kicking the opposing team instead of the ball out of bounds. Pure genius.

I swear, if the camera panned down in that picture, Rooney would be riding Ruud Van Hidalgoroy horseback.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rooney's extra stoneage

I think the Granny that wore the rubber cat suit that shagged him in the Merseyside brothel was noted as saying:

"He certainly does like his jam scones and tea after a good bloody shagging".

Shrek riding Donkeyface...... :D

Brilliant.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah good to see the loyalty in football is still around. Wayne "once a blue, always a blue" Rooney up front with Alan " i love to kiss the Leeds badge and would never go anywhere" Smith.

All Fergie needs now is to sign Sol Campbell!!

I cant wait for Shrek to come to Anfield with Utd now. Wonder what songs the United fans are going to sing now, as they obviously cant hate all Scousers anymore!!

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the deal Rooney took with United was too early in his career. Having said that, as a player what do you do. Is he losing any sleep over it..? probably not. I guess the morality of it all is in question, but coming off the performance of Euro 2004, here was his real chance to secure his future financially and as a player. Would he of got a better deal in two years time, who knows. Some bad performances at club and international level, more injuries, not to mention more bad press surrounding his personal adventures..all could of lowered the price tag. I hope to God he proves me wrong and develops into a world class striker, but the writing is on the wall if he doesn't do it right. I think David Moyes was the best thing that ever happened to Wayne Rooney as he constantly reminded him of who he was, where he came from and helped him deal with life in general by keeping his feet firmly planted. Fergurson will be no different and hopefully he will be rewarded with another Keane type attitude rather than a Beckham type.
I would of liked Rooney to give Everton two more seasons and still move on to pastures new before his 21st birthday. I think he owed them that at least.

Good luck to him and I'm really looking forward to Shrek 3

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Story here:

Liberian children get unexpected windfall from Rooney transfer
First Published: Sep 03, 2004

Wayne Rooney in an Everton jersey in April 2004. More than 105,000 dollars worth of Everton jerseys bearing Rooney's name are being donated to Liberian children
While Everton fans are aghast at the loss of Wayne Rooney to Manchester United, for some children in far-off Liberia there is an unexpected bonus - a mass of unwanted Everton football shirts bearing the teenage star's name.

Everton have been left with more than 60,000 pounds (88,000 euros, 105,000 dollars) in replica kit bearing the name of the 18-year-old England player following his move, the Premiership club said on Friday.

And with Everton fans bitter at what they see as Rooney's betrayal in demanding a transfer from the team he has supported all his life, the shirts are unlikely to sell in the club shop.

They will instead be donated to aid agency Cafod, which is helping former child soldiers in Liberia reintegrate into society.

"The kids are huge Rooney fans and followed his success closely during the recent European Championships," said Allan Lincoln, director of Cafod's partner agency in the west African state.

"Football also allows them to have fun and regain some of the childhood that was so brutally taken away from them."

Rooney moved to Old Trafford on Tuesday for a fee which could total 27 million pounds (40 million euros, 48 million dollars).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0