Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bill Shankly Stories.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't sure where to post this but it's a cracker that some of you may have heard before. I got this from a former Rangers player I met this summer.;

To set the scene, Shanks is giving his team speach just prior to kick off in Liverpools dressing room at Old Trafford before playing United.......

Shanks proceeds to go through the whole United team one by one and tell his players their opponents weaknesses. He starts with Alex Stepney saying " he's useless going to his right and very weak on crosses and corner kicks." Shanks proceeds with players like Crerrand "no left foot" and on and on he goes right through the team.....

As he finishes, a young and naive Emyln Hughes realizes Shanks has only spoke about eight players and remarks.." Hey boss, what about Best, Law and Charlton"..

To which Shanks replies.."If yea cann eh beat three men, what kind of team are you.."

MAGIC... :D

Cheers

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the one that comes right to my mind was his famous quote:

"...if you're not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the pitch"

Daz :D

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
when shanks met ron yeats for the first time he sent him back to the dressing room and told him to wear red shorts socks and shirt and when he came back he said it made him look "7 feet tall , a colossus so thats our new kit from now on" so they switched from red and white to all red supposed to be a true story

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
in the early 70's liverpool went to chelsea and got beat so shanks sent his player home on the train with the fans i know that ones true cos my bro was on the train

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
a tommy smith story

i cant remember the other player involved but it was some young fit fast kid with no respect who beat him a couple of times by pushing the ball past him and sprinting then he turned to tommy and said next time the ball comes i'll race you for my wages against yours tommy said yeah ok but only if you'l fight me in the car
park later for double or quits

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"If you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards!" --Bill Shankly

Magic.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's some more famous quotes from Bill Shankley :

" Referees know the laws but they don't know the game "

" There's 2 teams in Liverpool...Liverpool & Liverpool reserves "

In the dressing room after a particular game , Ray Clemence was appologising to the team for letting in a goal through his legs...
" Sorry lads " says Ray " I should have kept my legs closed "

To which Shankley replies " if your mother had done that we wouldn't be in this mess ! "

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0