Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Rides of Theme Parks

Favourite Theme Park Rides

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a recent visit to Disneyland, California Adventureland, and SeaWorld, which i hadn't been to since i was very little, i had the opportunity to ride numerous rides for the first time. Really i loved them all, especially the Tea Cups. With very short lineups of a max 20 minutes, we got to ride all of them a few times.

I was wondering what everyone elses favourite Theme Park Rides are?
I know theres newer and better ones out there than these so provide me with your favourites

I'll start a poll with some i rode in Disney (Anaheim), California Adventureland, and SeaWorld (San Diego).

Let me know of any others to add.

Some of my favourites at Disney were:
(YouTube Links provided for some for viewing POV recordings by others)

Indiana Jones - Fairly new ride for this park i think. Very cool the first time with a ride car that looks like a Jeep and bounces around like your driving it. Used the rolling ball coming at you like in the Original IJ movie. Great ride the first time but not as good the second.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lbONjQZCM"]YouTube - "INDIANA JONES RIDE" SHOT WITH AN HIGH POWER INFRARED LIGHT[/ame]

Space Mountain - An awesome ride in the dark and never knowing which way you are turning next makes it a great ride.
( too dark to video properly)

Splash Mountain - This is perfect for getting wet but not enough to wet your pants. Better rides for getting wet were the River Raft rides of which the one in Disney was not as good as the one in SeaWorld.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGd0PNz636A]YouTube - Splash Mountain Disneyland California Ride Through[/ame]

California Screamin (1st Favourite)- the slingshot start is much better than the slow crawl up a hill. After the slingshot you hit the first large hill along the waters edge and then a loop in the middle of the ride made this one my favourite. We attemtped to do it a second time but the ride was shut down for some reason.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthPlgVADac]YouTube - Disneyland's fastest rollercoaster California Screaming[/ame]

Atlantis:SeaWorld San Diego (2nd Favourite)- starts with the big drop first into water, then uses an elevator to lift you up to do the rest of the ride on a track like a normal rollercoaster. Great mix of water and high views. I also like it that you had speed built up for the first hill rather than a slow climb to the top.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pj6ZEJfCUo]YouTube - Journey to Atlantis, Sea World, San Diego, CA[/ame]

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i have sworn off rides entirely since 03 because i was nearly killed on one. To this day i refuse to ride the gravitron or anything else in any amusement park. It seems like every guy running the rides I've seen on "to catch a predator".

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can I change my vote? I meant to pick California Screamin, but picked other. Went on that ride like 12 times in my 3 days there.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
California Screamin is the second best ride at California Park after the Tales from the Crypt Tower of Terror...That shite is unreal!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also can't remember the name - Silver Bullet maybe? - at Knott's Berry Farm is unreal as well, rode that as much as possible the day we were there.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to Six Flags Magic Mountain a few years ago and was blown away at the scale of some of the roller coasters there. Unbelievable .....

Favourites were : Goliath, Batman & Viper

Didn't go on Riddler's Revenge as the lineup was absurd but it looked awesome.

However, the granddaddy of all roller coasters presently is Kingda Ka at Six Flags, New Jersey. One word describes it : retarded.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts