Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beginning of the End.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the words of George Bush: "Make no mistake" -- this province in going to hell.

I can't believe what the Liberals -- nay, Gordon Campbell -- has done and will do in the coming weeks. In addition to the massive public sector job cuts, which will lead to horrible future government service (if it wasn't bad enough already), the following is all coming:

1. No more subsidized bus passes for seniors.
2. No more BC Hearing Aid Program.
3. Single parents must return to work when youngest child reaches 3 years of age.
4. Reduced payments to employable single parents
Note: $6 training wage is also in effect.
5. Eight open and medium-security correctional centres closed.
6. Delta hospital may soon close.
Haven't hospitals been closing lately because they're too full?
7. The government will reduce payments to employable people 55 to 64 by about $50 a month to bring them in line with those aged 19 to 54.
Note: The ederly have greater medical expenses than the young do. Also see points 1 & 2.
8. $3 million cut to provincial emergency preparedness.
Hopefully we don't suffer an earthquake.
9. 37 paramedic positions eliminated.
And you thought it already took a long time for an ambulance to arrive?

This is just a small sample to of what was announced yesterday. It doesn't even begin to touch on the contracts that he'll break or the legislated end to the teachers action.

Suffice to say, protect your belongings, 'cause crime is going to rise. And fast.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks 'Keeps'

I know a lot of TTPers aren't able to seek what is happening in the real world, while logged on, but this is yet another good topic to see posted.;)

Unfortunately too many of us will be effected, and I hope we can salvage SOMETHING here.:confused:

Good luck to those of you that are greatly effected!

Yours in support,
+SC

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i must admit. staying in vancouver became less of an option the more this psycho did. disappointing really.

this would not continue if people didnt only care about themselves....and be only waiting until it effected THEM.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0