Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Playesr on CSA U20 Team

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The CSAannounced its seletions for an upcoming camp in Switzerland. Coach Fonseca picked 3 BC players, Haber, Bonafacio and Vukovic, who also played against Argentina U20 in May.

Funny story about Vukovic. 4 years ago, when he was 15 years old he went overseas for a month to play for the Bosnian U17 team in a UEFA U17 qualifying competition against France, Belgium and Lithuania. He was one of only two 15 year olds on the team. Three months later he tried out for the BCSA U16 provincial team but the coach, Michael Findlay, did not pick him for the team. If he was good enough to play for the Bosnian U17 team as an underage player in games against France, Belgium and Latvia, then why didn't Findlay choose him. Is that the calibre of coaching we have in the BCSA.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is all politics... there r tons of u-20 players in bc that r a lot better than bonafacio

I doubt it. Maybe three years ago, but after 3 years in Europe he's now ahead of players who stayed here.

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My God, Mike Findlay??? He was a shitty player at the very best, now he's in charge of developing BC's best??? I'm shocked! I played with him for a short time on Columbus, he was useless and used to act as though he knew how to play...couldn't make a pass if his life depended on it!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My God, Mike Findlay??? He was a shitty player at the very best, now he's in charge of developing BC's best??? I'm shocked! I played with him for a short time on Columbus, he was useless and used to act as though he knew how to play...couldn't make a pass if his life depended on it!

OTT ............ does one have to be a top class player to be good at coaching or developing players??? Was Alex Ferguson a top quality player before he became a manager??? He was average at best. There are plenty of coaches who can identify talent that were shiite players .............. just ask Sir M. :D
I seriously don't know what players have been identified and developed by Findlay, but I am sure their are a few.

JAGS

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS, you are absolutely right and I agree with you, that being said I still fully believe he is not qualified. He was and always be arrogant and I feel that will get the better of him. I haven't seen or spoke to him in several years but from what I've heard and read about him on this site it reflects his attitude from years ago which makes him an unqualified person. I also personally know a young 16 year old kid who has loads of talent, is very respectful and coachable and is in the National team program...he told me that Mike really plays favorites and is not very approachable.

It doesn't really matter what my opinion is but it really matter's for these young kids to get good coaching and have an opportunity to learn. I feel bad for many of them because they have their aspirations and will never have a chance to learn much from a guy like Mike Findlay!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
.... I also personally know a young 16 year old kid who has loads of talent, is very respectful and coachable and is in the National team program...he told me that Mike really plays favorites and is not very approachable.
!

Perhaps Findlay is trying to prepare them for adult life, where people have their favourites who get promoted,;) etc.
The U20 team has its first game in Switzerland on the 24th. It will be interesting to see how they do, in particular the BC lads.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ive played with or against all those guys up there and for sure marcus haber is definatly one of the best players i ahve ever played against including the ones who are at pro clubs now. Bonafacio is good also why would he not be classed as national level material?? As for vladimir he was abbotsfords best players at my age to have played for sure...All i know is when vancouver selects had haber, bonafacio, nonni, and giessen made for a great team to try and compete with...could explain why they beat us 6-0 in semi final of the coastal cup lol

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The U20 team tied the Swiss Young Boys 2-2 today. Igor Pasnjuk scored both goals for Canada.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the second game, the U20 team tied the Swis U19 team 1-1. The Swiss outshot us 11-5.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach Fonseca is getting the U20 team together again for a camp in Florida this month. Haber, Bonafacio and some of the Whitecaps prosects will be attending.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV forget asking why he did not pick Vukovic , you do"t get it. If he played for Bosnia he is their player. Why would Findley pick him. In order for him to be picked up. He should have gone to a Provincial program for BC. Coaches must have a trust in their players. That is probably why not. On top of it ,there is probably forty guys at that level. Findley took the guys he trusts.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV forget asking why he did not pick Vukovic , you do"t get it. If he played for Bosnia he is their player...... Findley took the guys he trusts.
Your post is contradictory, first you say suggest that Findlay did not pick Vukovic because he's part of the Bosnian national youth system, then you say its because Findlay only wanted guys he can trust, whatever that means. The fact is Vukovic is playing for Canada, not Bosnia.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haber scored as Canada's U20's beat a Haitian team 3-0 the other day.
Fonseca has been using Haber as a striker, but at the last U20 round Mitchell used Haber at centre back. When Haber was playing U16 and U18 Metro he was being used as a centre back by his then coach Jan Giezen. Wonder what his best spot is?

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember playing against both Bono and Habe. I remember during our metro years that if Vancouver was in need of a goal, they would make Marcus push up and play forward. I would have to say, 9 out of 10 times, he would rescue them and score that needed goal. Brandon was always a dominant player. I have spoken to him and a couple of his friends who say that he has gotten a lot better since playing with the first team. I think its the right decision having these two boys representing BC on the national team.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
being a striker and playing against haber i got to admit i hated playing against him when he played cb. when my abby u18 team beat them 4-1 he was playing striker and did nothing, however he may of just had a bad game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0