Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC High School Boys Basketball

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
March Madness is approaching for the BC High School Boys this month 2005 Championships website thought i'd start this thread so everyone can cheer on or brag about their schools ranking or achievements this year.

I myself have gotten back into High School Basketball to watch my old school Pitt Meadows as they've got another good team this year.
Watched them knock off Rick Hansen on Saturday last week and will be heading out to Thomas Haney Secondary to watch them topple #1 Ranked White Rock Christian and their boy wonder in the Quarter Finals tomorrow night at the Fraser Valley Zones Championship.

Here's the Top 15 Current heading into March:

1. White Rock Christian Warriors
2. Handsworth Royals
3. St. Georges Saints
4. Argyle Pipers
5. New Westminster Hyacks
6. Kitsilano Blue Demons
7. Wellington Wildcats (?)
8. Pitt Meadows Marauders
9. WJ Mouat Hawks
10. Centenial Cenaurs
11. Rick Hansen Hurricanes
12. Sentinel Spartans
13. McMath Wildcats
14. MEI Eagles
15. Mount Douglas Rams

1 odd thing i noticed this year is that they have split up the Fraser Valley Zones into 2 weeks. Last week were the preliminary games and this week its' the quarter finals and Finals. Any other zones doing the same thing?
I am assuming this is to avoid a week off before the big dance.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen 10 of the top 15. Argyle looked pretty close to unstoppable until last week. Any of those top 4 can win it all. New West has the ability to upset as well. After that, it drops off quite quickly. I'm afraid Pitt will be in over their heads versus WRCA.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched Pitt play against Rick Hansen, and i found myself talking under my breath asking "what the hell are you doing?". They definately have a problem with a zone and their big men had an issue of getting the ball at the top of the key and turning to the hoop. Good thing their 3 pointers were falling to keep them in it until they found out how to play against the zone.
If there 3's aren't on, then they'll be in trouble.

But you never know.
:)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to New West last night hoping to see some semi-final action but arrived a day early (or was I 25 years late?). Instead I got to watch Killarney vs Magee and VanTech vs Hugh Boyd. High school basketball at its worst.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
so everyone can cheer on or brag about their schools ranking or achievements this year.

ok I'll brag..my gr 9 boys team is headed to the B.C's next week. First time I've coached a contender and the first time a bball team has qualified for the bc's at my school.
It raises the bar a bit as we prepare and create a game plan. It'll be fun to coach in the "big time"and see what the boys can do. :cool:
my players are already asking about the Nationals. :rolleyes: :D

figuringmyx'sando's

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves...which school? I know Handsworth, Kits, and VC have solid squads. You'll be surprised by the skill level these days, especially at those younger ages!

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brag, Brag, Brag Away

Aves said:
ok I'll brag..my gr 9 boys team is headed to the B.C's next week. First time I've coached a contender and the first time a bball team has qualified for the bc's at my school.
It raises the bar a bit as we prepare and create a game plan. It'll be fun to coach in the "big time"and see what the boys can do. :cool:
my players are already asking about the Nationals. :rolleyes: :D

figuringmyx'sando's

Congratulations on your guys getting as far as they have and good luck, hope you pull it off.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
0 for 2 with my predictions last night at the Lower Mainlands. Maybe Pitt does have an outside shot versus WRCA

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game was an exciting one last night, except the reffing has not improved at all.
Tyrell Mara from WRCA scored 32 points with 16 rebounds. Didn't seem like he had that many but i guess that's what good players do. He looked like a college/univ. player amongst a bunch of high school kids.

WRCA 57 - Pitt 43
Was much closer than the final score indicates.
Pitt had the game within grasp with whole night and were down 4 points with 3+ minutes to go and blew it. Wasted too much time, and for some unknown reason stopped going to the guy that kept them in the game for the second half.

Refs definately favours Mara at the start until the fans started getting on them, then they eased off. Travelled everywhere. Great player though.

Pitt definately now knows they can beat these guys with smarter play.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lower Mainland's top 5 (all qualify for the BC's)

5. Killarney (knocked off Churchill by 20)
4. New West (knocked off by 20 by St. George's)
3. St. George's
2. Kitsilano (handled easily by Mcmath)
1. Mcmath

Mcmath is peaking right now and could cause damage in the BC's if Kyle Watson plays like he did tonight. Kitsilano was in over their heads and won't get further than the quarters.

New West was a huge disappointment. Their top players cannot make it out of a game without taking stupid fouls and fouling out. I've seen them 3x this year and every time their big guys don't finish the game.

Any word on the Fraser Valley final. WRCA vs Centennial, I believe?

My prediction for the newest rankings:
1. WRCA
2. Argyle
3. McMath
4. Handsworth
5. St. Georges

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Aves...which school? I know Handsworth, Kits, and VC have solid squads. You'll be surprised by the skill level these days, especially at those younger ages!

Guildford Park...2nd in Surrey and 3rd in the Valleys.

We beat New West, lost to Princess Margaret by 20 in the surrey finals...lost to Centennial early in the year by 20....they won the valleys vs P.M. Beat Kits in Mcnair tourney.
Lost to Terry Fox by 7 in the valleys and beat Maple ridge ( by 1) , Holy Cross(by 6).

Seeding meeting via conference call on Mon night.
here we go :cool:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats with the ridiculous format this year in the zones?
Pitt plays WRCA in semi finals, loses, then plays in a "crossover game"?
If they win they play for 3rd or 4th, lose, which they did, they play for 5th or 6th.
Lost to Rick Hansen, who they just played the game before WRCA ( :rolleyes ), then played Brookswood.

Kind of a stupid format, no?

They now finished 6th and have to play the extra day in the tournament.

Final Standings:

1.WRCA (1)
2.Argyle (4)
3.Handsworth (2)
4.Kitsilano (6)
5.New West (5)
6.McMath (13)
7.St. Georges (3)
8.Centenial (10)
9.Pitt Meadows (8)
10.Wellington (7)
11.WJ Mouat (9)
12.Rick Hansen (11)
13.Brookswood (HM)
14.MEI (14)
15.Claremont (HM)

How is Handsworth Ranked #3 previously #2, and they are playing in a wildcard game against #14 MEI?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore only gets 1.5 berths so no matter how strong the teams are, potentially could have three solid teams if Carson Graham were competitive, the loser of the zone final has to play the seventh place team from the valley. My question would be how McMath humps Kits yet Kits moves up two spots and is still ahead of McMath.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was the 1st year that North Shore/Howe Sound got that extra 1/2 berth. Last year, it took provincial champs Argyle 3 games (the final one in OT) to knock off Handsworth. Handsworth, a top 4 team last year, didn't even get a back door. This year it changed.

Sentinel, meanwhile, could have easily challenged for the AA championship but gambled on getting by Handsworth or Argyle for the North Shore AAA. Stupid call. Their season is done.

I think Handsworth is worthy of #3 (maybe even #2) since they were the only squad to beat Argyle this year. In fact, they did it twice and pushed them to OT as well.

Kits gets whooped and moves ahead of Mcmath. New West gets handled easily by St.Georges yet moves ahead of them. :confused: Regardless, those rankings mean nothing now that that teams are placed according to their zone championship seedings. I feel sorry for whoever gets the "wildcard" winner in the first round (usually a weak team), considering that team will likely be Handsworth.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's this years tournament games and you can also watch Live WebCasts of the games with play by play. Pretty Damn cool if you ask me.
I'll be following along at 2:30 today to see how the Pitt boys do.

It's too bad that internet didn't exist when i played, this would have been cool to follow along without spending the whole day at the Agradome.

BC Boys Live Webcast

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Argyle went down early.(the #2 team is gone.)
I agree Yoda this is a great touri.
I will be down there on Thurs and Fri for a bit.

What happened to Pitt?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, Argyle out already?
Guess it's White Rocks tourney now.

Pitt scored 8 points in the 4th quarter and Welly scored 20. That's what happened.
Either Pitt went cold or Welly kicked up their D a notch. Pelton has been playing all year with 2 bad knees, and done pretty well with it. Tough luck for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0