Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC/Alberta to pull out of Canada Soccer.

If we could Start our own Association, Should we.

• Yes, Pull out of the CSA and start our own Association.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • No, Stay as we are.

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a thought for discussion..
What if BC or BC/Alberta pulled out of Soccer Canada.
Like Wales and Scotland in the UK.
Start our own Association.
Imagine BC in CONCACAF.
We are the biggest country in the world.
Travel is such an issue, Players get overlooked all the time because we are such a big country. Would we have a stronger team than Canada?
How about all the young Canadians in Europe who are playing yet are not on our National team,and are from BC.
Our new BC teams Head Quarters would be in Vancouver where they could train all year round instead of In-doors.
Whats some of the pros and cons.?
Is it at all possible to do?
This is just a thread for conversation for guys like Franshize(lol) who are boared all the time and cant wait for this season to start.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are the BC players in Europe not on the National team?

Is BC/Alberta really like Wales/Scotland?

IMO we (BC) are not really producing top players anymore, at least none that I can think of at the level you seem to be discussing?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
players will still leave to were the money is and a bright future csa would be much better with 2 more mls teams and instead of having a ****ing mls draft from college sign players from the age of liek 9 to an academy instead of spending money on washed up prem players (ie angel, robert, and huckerby) beckham helped the mls for the publicty but if kids had a real chance to grow up playing at a club under contract it would help out alot with a goal at then end instead of college and it would keep kids within the states and canada. In england the players still go to college and just play for their pro club which is financed by the club. can anyone tell me why the mls decided to be different from the world and try play soccer like the nfl, nhl, or the nba, it works for those sports cause north america is pretty much the only place you can play those sports professionally. i dont know if anyone can answer this but do the canadian national team get paid to play for their country cause i know the english players are paid which i think is wrong

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could we field a team to compete with our national team,,not now but in a few years down the road,,mabee we would be better run and we could develop players better than whats in place now. Mabee a well organized assosiation could adopt other successful methods and do well.
Just a thought,,But whats in place now isnt working at all..

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get that you've always sort have thought this. But something must have happened to make you jump all over it now. Do share.

Reynold

May 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's focus on improving soccer in our own province before we even think of separating from Canada Soccer.

Right now we have 2 players on our U20 team from BC (Marcus Haber and Brandon Bonofacio) and it would take many more to even compete against all of Canada, never mind the rest of CONCACAF.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better off simply cleaning house at the CSA, and doing it right, and in partnership w/ the Canadian MLS franchises (when we have three).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know what you are trying to say Dude, but no way in hell can you have professional teams with ANY say in the National organizing body.

MLS&E calling the shots in our game? It's bad enough we have Maple Laugh fans here on TTP.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not what I'm getting at, but a working partnership, per se.

No time to explain now- busy- but please do it for me. I know you know, you know?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, you called my bluff - I don't know WTF you are trying to say.

How about that Trevor Linden, eh?

:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing got me going,,I just felt like starting a thread since we all are here waiting for the season opener..
Still I think we would do better by ourselves,,or cleaning house at the CSA sounds good too.

m11

Jan 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
as of right now canada is too shiet a rank to be even be considered a team of toughness and quality....mainly due to the coaches in power of politics and their knack for stayin in place.....now change is needed for canada to go anywhere but up....the smart national teams have stepped up hired outta town coaches...we did...Richard Bates...great coach...head of nationals....he quit because canadian soccer politics are too strong for him to reform at our national standards....
now to talk about pullin....out and makin our own alta bc team....mike findlay will come and knock it down with all his power he has...make no mistake about it.....he causes problems for soccer schools all around bc....unless their bc soccer approved.....

ALL POLITICS!!!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our nacional program is a good as it posably can be. The problem is in youth development. They have to stop all the clubs that have five silver teams and no gold team from doing that . Now how the hell will select program grow if they do that. They must force the clubs to move up to better levels. At least at the end we will have two teams from each club age that can play soccer. They are more intarasted taking dogs across the border for two or three day trips then to see their kids develop in to good soccer players. We have to forget about hockey players and switch the soccer to sommer months that way we get the best players forward only for soccer.
This is where the changes must be brought forward. We also must invite club soccer teams from other countries to play against our kids. To show our parents where it all fails. We do enough kis but governing boards stink to high heven.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
once the caps go to mls and a bigger and better stadium would that open things up to start a second pro team in vancouver in the league they are in now and play at the stadium they are at now. a bit like the canucks and giants
it would give those younger guys who are not quite at the mls standard a good game to play.
not many vancouver guys make it into the caps now ....how many will we see when they go mls.

just a thought

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I spoke just the other day on just that to a Whitecaps official. He told me that the Whitecaps are not collecting their original entree fee to the USL 1 back and with the USL PDL Whitecaps still located here, the Whitecaps still control this area in regards to professional soccer..Meaning no other teams allowed.
Kelowna yes,,Calgary or Edmonton yes, but not here.
NO other PDL either.
NO derbys (sp)

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard around that Victoria is hoping for a USL team.. they are getting a PDL team this season are they not? Maybe the Whitecaps will want to keep a USL 1 or 2 team in the works as well... run it out of surrey even... just a thought

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i understand the point that ghouse is making; with a strong centralized governing body, BC would be able to control and develop its players with better precision, rather than the loosely governed CSA system, in which players are selected from the local level by one set of coaches, trained by another set of coaches by the provincial coaches, and then picked by the national coaches from the provincial pool of players. If we had one single system it would be alot easier to oversee the development of all players.

I think that a better solution would be for the CSA to develop a true "national training centre" in which players (youth U-18 and younger) lived and stayed in the centre. This would allow for better soccer development than the current system, in which the players play for their youth clubs and then join the national program only for tournaments.

A good example of the flaws of the current system is the handling of one of my former teammates who played for Canada in the U-20 world cup; Mike D'Agostino. He played on my metro team and from their was selected to the BC team, and from the BC team he was selected to the National team. On our metro team he played striker, and was selected to both the BC and the National team as a striker. The only reason he made both teams was that he was one hell of a striker. Once the U-20 world cup roles around, he played right back in a game against Austria. ?!? It shows that along the way if the steps are all conducted by different groups there are more chances for mistakes or misunderstandings to occur. The same thing happens with large businesses when they outsource small jobs to other companies.

I think Canada should look to Australia as an example of their development system, and try to emulate it. They are a country with a smaller population (not sure if they have a larger pool of soccer players) than us, but we are a richer nation than them, thus, we should be able to create a similar or better system.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0