Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B-I-N-G-O and the Horned Frogs/ Sir Burns and the Aztecs

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I have a new team to follow this year. It has most interesting names of all the teams I have looked at so far and they love putting up points on the board. It is time to update TCU with its' plethora of All-Name Team members. Also, I will update San Diego State because they have a guy named after what I would like people to call me more often - Steve Sir and of course they have a Freshman named Evan Burns . So this thread will take off, I'm sure......:rolleyes:

Burns must be a red-shirt freshman because in the Aztecs' two games, his name hasn't made the score sheet. They could probably use him as they have dropped their first two games against NCAA Div. Putz powerhouses Eastern Washington and Portland University. Ouch.......

SDState 86 Portland 91

SDState 70 Eastern Washington 75

As for TCU, they have had better fortune.

Final 1st 2nd Total Sam Houston 35 46 81 TCU 47 44 91

Bingo with 6 points and 11 boards on a brutal 2 - 9 shooting. Nucleus Smith had ZERO points in 24 minutes. Rebel Paulk wasn't on the list or didn't play....

Against SMU, Bingo had 10 with Nuclues chipping in 4. I'm not sure where Rebel is.......

However, they dropped a second game against SMU 87 - 84. In this game. :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the Aztecs......

This might explain why Evan Burns has not played yet.....

Burns, a McDonald's All-American while at Fairfax High, was on campus and attended classes on Thursday. His eligibility for the 2002-03 season is still to be determined by the NCAA Clearinghouse.

Burns, an athletic scorer, participated in two national prep all-star games. On April 11, he played in the Jordan Capital Classic in Washington D.C. and on April 4, he was a starter on the West squad at the McDonald's High School All-American game in New York City. Five major recruiting publications rank him among the top 20 prospects in the country.

"Evan is a multi-dimensional player with the ability to score in a variety of ways," Fisher said. "He played at an extremely high level at Fairfax High so we know he is fundamentally sound. We are excited to have him at San Diego State."

As a senior this past season, Burns averaged 22.7 points and 10.5 rebounds for coach Harvey Kitani while leading Fairfax to the Los Angeles City finals. In addition to earning prep All-American honors, he was a third-team Parade All-America selection, all-state selection, Los Angeles Times Central City Player of the Year and was nominated for California Mr. Basketball. Entering his senior campaign, Burns was named a third-team All-American and first-team Los Angeles All-Metro by Street & Smith's, the number three small forward in the nation by Athlon, the number 10 player in the country by Basketball News, the number 11 player nationally by Hoop Scoop, 12th-ranked player nationally by Lindy's, the 13th-ranked player by theInsider.com, the 14th-rated player by The Sporting News and the 17th-top prospect by All-Star Report.

As a junior in 2000-01, Burns averaged 23.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.1 blocked shots a game

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get the feeling Burns might not have been the sharpest knife in the drawer during his high school years. Evan Burns that is. I can't believe such a highly touted national recruit would be attending San Diego state, by choice anyways. Would you be amped at suiting up for a school who gets beat by Portland U and Eastern Washington? Thank god all those UNC freshmen didn't watch last season's losses to Hampton and Davidson. And Charleston.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

I was certainly surprised that someone who was rated as highly as Burnsie:)rolleyes: ), would choose such a small program. Apparently, he is now attending classes, so he might be playing soon, if the NCAA rules in his favor.......

From yesterday....

San Diego State 65
Cal Poly 62

Sir had 9 points on 3 - 6 shooting. He only shoots threes apparently.......

Burnsie is still not playing.....

TCU 85
Wash State 82

Bingo with 9 points on 4 - 12 shooting. Nucleus had a dismal 2 points on 0/3 shooting, but a solid 2/2 from the line.. :rolleyes:

Rebel is still out but should be back in a week......

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....and that is why he was forced to enroll at Arizona State, rather than suit up for his original choice, UCLA. In a recent article I read regarding the Bruins, Steve Lavin lamented the lack of a strong perimeter scorer to start the season, something he lost when Burnsie was not granted academic admission to UCLA due to his poor high school marks.

That is all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final 1st 2nd Total Texas Tech 39 45 84
TCU 31 35 66

Bingo with 4 pts on 2 of 7 shooting. :(

Nucleus with 11 pts on 1 of 5 shooting but went 9 for 10 form the charity stripe.......

Still no sign of Rebel Paulk......

San Diego State play on Saturday against the number one team in the nation, Arizona. That should be close......:rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This should help out Sir, Stephen and the Aztecs:

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- San Diego State freshman forward Evans Burns was ruled eligible by the NCAA on Thursday and will make his debut against No. 1 Arizona at home Saturday night.

"It has been a long wait, but I am excited to realize my dream of playing college basketball," Burns said in a statement released by the school.

Burns, a McDonald's All-American while at Fairfax High in Los Angeles, enrolled at San Diego State in September after being denied admission to UCLA when his transcripts weren't approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Since then, he had been awaiting word on whether he'll be eligible to play for the Aztecs this year.

Burns' eligibility request was approved by the NCAAs Initial Eligibility-Waiver Committee. Burns is now considered an academic qualifier and can receive a full scholarship.

"He has an early Christmas present, and now we need to help him grow as a college student and college basketball player," coach Steve Fisher said.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arizona(1) 89 San Diego State 81

The Aztecs played the 'Cats tough. Burnsie was 3 for 6 for 7 points. Sir also had 6 points but did it the hard way......

Well done, SDState

As for my TCU Horned Frogs, they won 72 - 64 over Baylor

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Saturday....

San Diego State 60
Hawaii 49

Burnsie was a solid 0 for 4 from the field and score ZERO points. His impact has no bounds.....Steve Sir score 5 points on 2 for 2 shooting. Where would the team be without this duo? :)

TCU were not as fortunate. They played powerful Indians of Louisiana Monroe :rolleyes: and lost 90 - 79. Bingo had 9 points on 4 of 12 shooting. Nucleus Smith had a solid 5 points and 8 assists.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Burnsie was a solid 0 for 4 from the field and score ZERO points. His impact has no bounds.....

He must have been inspired by your performance on Friday which was strikenly(SP)similiar. It is all in the name!!;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I knew that was coming for some reason. However, I wasn't 0 for 4. I was a stunning 3 for 14. :rolleyes: But I did have on alley-oop assist. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TCU 78 VA. Commonwealth 91

Bingo with 14 on 4 of 13 shooting. Nucleus with 6 on 2 of 3 from the field......

San Diego State 71 Houston 61

Burnsie with a solid 4 points on 2 of 4 shooting.......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0