Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amalgamation Cup 2009

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We kicked off our 1st round last night with a win over the Loons. Immediately following us was Bombastic vs. Slovakia.

Slovakia came and asked us to spare them some players, which we declined since that would potentially make our players ineligible...

Anyway, Slovakia looked to have 9 or 10 players that ranged in age from 12 to 45. I couldn't be arsed to watch a minute of it, but I'm sure Bombastic won by at least 2 touchdowns.

Who else is in?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza:

We're in for another year as well; Friday against ghouse and whatever he spares from PCSL duty - not sure how that quite lines up equitably against our old farts...:confused: The other team in our group is Lions FC - don't know anything about them.

Slovan are awful. We played against them in our first league game, and stopped trying to score after we hit 7. It's nice to see that the Slovak community (at least the part that aren't playing for us) have tried to put something together, but there were guys on their team who looked like they hadn't seen a ball before, let alone played together. Father John gave them a sympathy penalty :rolleyes: and that was really as close as they got.

Played Bombastic as well; they aren't bad, but a really young team with a fantastic (and very tall) keeper, who virtually stood on his head against us.

Groups:

Alemania
Cloverdale Tunnel Bandits :confused::confused:
Shamrock Rovers

Westside Rino (Dezza)
Loons
Europa

ACBC A
Lions FC
da Spurz

ACBC B
VPD
North Shore Reds

Deep Cove Beavers
Socceroos
Surrey Stars

Bombastic
FC Slovan
KMB

Good luck to all (except the teams in our group:D)

Trece

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,,we are playin our bench and alot of new guys as we play Saturday and Sunday in League play and I dont want to tire any of the starters for obvious reasons.
My other guys are off to the B Provincials in PG so they will be useing these games on grass to get ready for the PG grass fields...As we never see the grass anymore. So it worked out well for the B squad. Dont want to hurt or tire any of them aswell so we will be playing the whole team equally for fitness and time on the grass.
We never seem to do well in the Amalgamation Cup ,But it sure is fun.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for posting that trece.

The field seems a bit smaller this year... noticeably missing are last year's runner's up Lamplighter FC.

Who the hell are the Cloverdale Tunnel Bandits?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0