Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Alignment 04/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner said:
Who's Belmont FC?
Point Grey United B seem to have disappeared, being replaced by Belmont. Haven't got a clue who they are though -- there's nothing in the June 14th VMSL minutes.

There is however, this little tid-bit:
Bosna Kosava and City Blaze ‘B -- Incidents in which both teams were fined and asked to submit an additional bond of $250 were very serious and occurred very late in the season.
What the hell happened?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early thoughts and not knowing how each club has built over the summer these are my thoughts.

Group A:

Favorites have to be Richmond FC with strong competition form LM Firefighters. Signmaster will make things interesting.

Group B:
First thing to be said Westside Knights will finish a strategic 2nd. :) The buggers do it every year. Jokes aside they allways play well and have a good record but will not win it all. Norvan Primo's have to be given the nod to show Binger's a run for first. Bombastic will either be in the running to the end or will confuse all season as we have in the past by losing strange matches and winning the toughies. My nod goes to Binger's as long as they didn't lose players wishing to stay up.

Group C:
Group C has some very solid squads like all the divs but I think WFC Rangers A and Burnaby Fury will fight it out for first place.

Which teams will improve? The Norvan Falcons are young and very quick but tended to give away poor goals which cost points. If they play more as a unit rather than individuals they can be very good. Shaheen similar but in older frames.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the nod, Georgie! I hope you're right, and we (RFC) do get promoted. I think it will be a close race between us, firefighters and the JB's. I think if the JBs can avoid a slow start, they will be in a close fight for promo, hopefully with us. We've all been playing on separate teams in the summer, but hope to have most of our team returning to build on the Cup run and a strong showing at provincials. A few key additions are in the works, negotiations are in progress, and we still got a few tricks up our sleeves, so it should be interesting to see what team we field this season!

As for the other groups, Primos and WFC Rangers should get promoted if they play to their potential. If they don't play well, there are 2-3 teams that could get it done. I think the darkhorse (no pun intended) will be B Utd, if they can keep consistent.
One thing's for sure, the NK train will finish a resepctable 6th, maybe 5th if they can avoid numerous suspensions. But, regardless of their finish, a lot of trash-talking will be done, and excuses (for poor performances) will be made! I hope to play them in cup play and renew an old rivalry.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hope to have most of our team returning to build on the Cup run and a strong showing at provincials.

TS: How was Provincial B Cup and how did you do? We (Bomb. FC) lost out for the last spot in a knock out game 4-3 against E Walk missing half our starting line up. That was whining for the record. Strange match too. We were down 2-0 after 8 minutes. Anyway I was more interested in hearing how things went at the B Cup????

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there's a better thread for this, but . . . .

Someone explain to me how Bombastic and Elephant Walk are asked to playoff for a Provincial B Cup invitation, yet we (WFC Rangers A), who finished 2nd by a single point, are ingored?

I'm not saying that we would've said yes, but it would have been nice to be asked.

Sounding like a woman . . .

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GeorgiePorgie...Pudding 'n Pie,

No confidence in the Norvan JimBeam's ability to make a bid for the Div2A title???

We have a couple of spots that need to be filled by Sept, but we should be able to play with any team in our group.

For TS's report on the Prov B cup use the following link:Click Here

TS,
I will have to hook up with you at some point to get my card. I will give you a shout in a week or two.

-BonefishWillBeInTofinoForaFewDaysofFishingAndtheOpportunityToWorkonMoreBackFat-

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper: the playoff was between the two Cup Semi-Finalist losers. Earned not asked!!!!!!!!!. VMSL had three spots so we had to play to see who would get the third spot.

If you were to look at our league record you would question how we went that far. We played some solid footie and got a little lucky winning our round of 16 on penalties and built on things from there. We ended up being knocked out in the Semi's on penalties.

Cheers for the link to report on Prov B Cup.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

The VMSL uses the cup to decide who goes and who doesn't. The league standings have nothing to with it. Depending on the year and where it is held the number of VMSL berths seems to change as other leagues teams drop out and other ones get put in.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB = CNUT & Georgie's Best,

Fair enough.

Bonefish,
we should be able to play with any team in our group.
That's lucky for you, since you will be playing with every team in your group.

Twice.

But fortunately not against us.

You nabbed five fcuking points, you bastard. How could you? ;)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just was told today that North Van Falcons may have folded. Anyone know i f this is true? I don't know any of their players, but I was told their team organizer decided he wanted to play at a higher level and moved on to Deep Cove so the team closed shop.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
One thing's for sure, the NK train will finish a resepctable 6th, maybe 5th if they can avoid numerous suspensions. But, regardless of their finish, a lot of trash-talking will be done, and excuses (for poor performances) will be made! I hope to play them in cup play and renew an old rivalry.

Well, I guess it's started...5th or 6th is an accurate prediction for the train; unless some key signings occur and dissent from within is quashed. if things go well regarding the aforementioned, NK to finish stronger than usual. With the columbian national in the midfield, our NCAA playmaker back from the concentration camp and a key signing to replace the suspensionly prone mcdirty in goal, NK to challenge is my call.

hope all have a competitive and fun season

manager

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager!

Dont you have a church group to lead?And to finish your prognosis on NK ,If they could get guys that say they are on the team to actually come and play instead of making excuses like,quilt knitting with the wife or i have 12 kids now its kinda hard to get "Permision" from the Mrs.?Are you kidding me ,the only way NK will win this year is if Erion "The goal Scorer" Erapi comes back,He is your everything!I know Eagle Eye Watcher will be in shape and ready to dish out some assists ;) !I know manager cant wait to break that record for most games consecutive getting megged ;) !I cant wait to see Beekers new uniform,Hey Beeks you look even crazier in Hot pink!Anyways theres a guy in here who killed his whole family for asking him to take off his hat at the dinner table and he wants to use the computer!Back to arts and crafts :rolleyes: .Goodluck NK you guys should form a pretty good squad,I predict this is the year boys!I will try and get a day pass so i can make a game or two!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK will win the group with some good matches played against primos and bingers. McDirty if you need a co-signer for the day pass I'm there for you buddy. Manager I didn't know you were running your own cult or is McDirty just joking. Erion scored 22 goals last year but should have had 50. Cougars will again not have a great year then lose to NK in the cup by a score greater than 1-0 because this time, chances are, the ref won't be from richmond....................LOOKOUT..... Div 1 .........the train is a commin!!!!!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I heard somewhere that the Primos have lost a bunch of players. Is that true?

Predicting that Norvan Jim Beam finishes 2nd and lose out the promo race by 1 point to RFC.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This may be the wrong thread, but I heard last night that the Primos have lost 4-5 starters, is that true? 2B looks like its up in the air. 2A will come down to RFC, Firefights and Sigmaster. The JB's will win if they start off strong in the first 5 games otherwise they'll play the role of the spoiler. 2C will be won by the Fury if they stick together, but will be challenged by Shaheen and the Ravens, assuming they icked up players. Lot of shite teams in that group. WFC rangers apparently moved up, so who takes their spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0