Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

African Nations Tournament This Weekend

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bobsan and friends are hosting the ever popular African Nations Cup this weekend, The venue has changed from Burnaby Lake to Newton.
Nigeria is favoured to win this year. In previous years they have had large crowds, good food, music, and geat dancing.
Sapp has been invited in this year due to WAB and Colin's egyptian ancestry. They have been telling everyone that they are descended from long lines of Pharohs.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nigeria is not favored this year..Mozambique, Ghana ,and Rhwanda are favored and in that order...If Sapperton is in then they will give everyone a go for sure. Plus the new Kenyan team from the Island may be a dark horse.(no pun intended).
We took this year off and will be back when the tournament goes home to DeerLake on grass in July.
Good Luck to all and have fun

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in...Sierra Leon (sp) has picked up more ringers than any team I have seen in a very long time..No names cause a few are playing pro and will get into big shite...lol..cats out of bag now...Hope they really play for you as this year seems to be the year for ya Bobsan

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, what country are Sapperton representing? I don't see Egypt in the schedule.

We got called last Friday by Bobson to fill the South Africa spot, but declined on such short notice. Plus a bunch of our players are already playing for another team.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, what country are Sapperton representing? I don't see Egypt in the schedule.

We got called last Friday by Bobson to fill the South Africa spot, but declined on such short notice. Plus a bunch of our players are already playing for another team.

Apparently Bobsan put us in the South Africa slot, so we play at 10:30, 2:30 and 6:30 on Saturday.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pro's who Bobsan has brought in for Sierra Leone (according to GHouse's source).
Top prize is $1,000 so the money plus the rivalry between some of the African groups should make it a good tourny.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton over Mozambique 2-1...Great game .
Well done Sap as a few teams were stacked to the rim with some great talent.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton over Mozambique 2-1...Great game .
Well done Sap as a few teams were stacked to the rim with some great talent.

Yes, and some absolute ****ing CLOWNS on some of those teams too sadly.

Congrats to Sapperton. I reffed them a couple of times over the weekend including their abandoned game for a numb nuts grabbing the red card out of my hand after I red carded a player for elbowing/choking big Blakey in the throat. Nice touch. I was also told the captain of the team was allowed to stand right in front of the ball on a free-kick for the opposing team without being cautioned. I was also called a racist. Great stuff. That's what can happen in 'unsanctioned' tournaments I suppose.......

BTW, Sapperton will have NO problems avoiding relegation this year....they could be creeping towards the top 6 in fact...especially with Woody and Blakey joining them. They've added some very good young players too. Good bunch of lads who will have a successful season this year.

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2010 Cup is in a week. Does anyone have any info on the schedule. or who are the top teams this year?

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a website for this tournament? Schedule? Teams? If not, who ever organizes ANC, call Nations Cup organizers for some tips. On a sidenote, would be interesting if their were some African or South American Nations in the Nations Cup. Surprisingly there was no team representation from either continent at Nations Cup.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting rules I found on the website. Here are some of my favourites.

7. ACSCA will provide FIFA registered referees and linesmen for all games. **NOTE** Lines Person is responsible for determining when the ball is out of play – NOTHING ELSE

11. NO players, coaches or spectators are allowed to touch or threaten any official under any circumstances. Violation of this rule will result in an automatic caution and possible ejection of a player or the team from the tournament. (following Disciplinary Committee review)

19. New FIFA World Cup Rules apply: No elbowing, shouldering or bad double tackling allowed, referee will deal with this accordingly

:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
19. New FIFA World Cup Rules apply: No elbowing, shouldering or bad double tackling allowed, referee will deal with this accordingly
This is why I quit playing, the game is going to shite. No elbowing? What's next, no eye-poking? No thanks.

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I wonder if the guy who grabbed my red card last year is still allowed to play........that doesn't appear to be clear in the tournament rules. :rolleyes:

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain i've been trying to figure out who you are and i still cant. :cool: and i know most of the reffs that attend the tournaments. By the way are you reffing this week, if yes do you know if they got sideline assistants this year?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0