Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks good.

3 games in 7 days. Interested to see Herdman's strategy here.

Do you load up against Honduras then rest vs USA and load up again El Salvador.

You want at least 6 of 9 pts out of the gate I'd think?

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This will be my third trip there, love Belgium already. Love that I can get around quite efficiently with either English or French. Certainly enjoy the blended culture, you get a bit of French, bit of German. The problem with Germany is it's too German, you know? Been trying to convince mini Dude to finish his degree there, as there is a sister program in Bruges. He's leaning towards Berlin, however....and that ain't so bad either.
My mother's side is 3/4 Flemish Belgian... one of our relatives there speaks a couple different dialects of Flemish.... English yeah, French fcuking minimal, but Flemish I might was well be trying to speak Klingon...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks good.

3 games in 7 days. Interested to see Herdman's strategy here.

Do you load up against Honduras then rest vs USA and load up again El Salvador.

You want at least 6 of 9 pts out of the gate I'd think?
I hate to say it, but yeah, I would. I would love to find a way to battle US to a draw. You get that, you are almost winning by denying them the extra 2 pts.

More and more, @Regs new favorite player, TB, is going to be a key player. He'll be ridden pretty hard...cause yeah, see the stars getting their 90 minutes vs. the minnows and partial late minutes in the US and away Mexico match.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree as well 6 out of 9 we need.

A draw down in the us would be massive but do we really want to play our best for that game in hopes of getting a point then having the guys tired for the third game where we need a win?

Who knows mayne we go with our b lineup vs the usa and if the game is tied at the 65 min mark we unload the starters and go for the win.

Key thing vs usa will be not to get scored on early. As the game drags on longer i think we are a better postion for the win. Imagine a 0 0 game 30 to go and u bring on davies david etc that could flip the game real quick.

The El Salavador game SHOULD be the easiest out of the three so who knows how that will impact Herdmans lineup vs the us.

Ive been a canada soccer fan for years been laughed at told we will never make the world cup etc and we may not even make it this go around.

What i do know is we have a team that is fun to watch and talented and can beat anyone on any given day and to see a guy like Davies who is a world class star be so proud to play for Canada is why I watch. You can see it in his face every time he steps on the field or scores a goal.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TB could the difference between us making the world cup and not.
He was marked tight during gold cup but with Davies on the other side teams will have to open up now and wont be able to focus on him. Never seen him play much till this year and what a great talen and addition to the team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree as well 6 out of 9 we need.

A draw down in the us would be massive but do we really want to play our best for that game in hopes of getting a point then having the guys tired for the third game where we need a win?

Who knows mayne we go with our b lineup vs the usa and if the game is tied at the 65 min mark we unload the starters and go for the win.

Key thing vs usa will be not to get scored on early. As the game drags on longer i think we are a better postion for the win. Imagine a 0 0 game 30 to go and u bring on davies david etc that could flip the game real quick.

The El Salavador game SHOULD be the easiest out of the three so who knows how that will impact Herdmans lineup vs the us.

Ive been a canada soccer fan for years been laughed at told we will never make the world cup etc and we may not even make it this go around.

What i do know is we have a team that is fun to watch and talented and can beat anyone on any given day and to see a guy like Davies who is a world class star be so proud to play for Canada is why I watch. You can see it in his face every time he steps on the field or scores a goal.
Love it. You and I are cut from the same cloth that way, and in the way we both like Brown nuggets.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m so jacked I started planning my evening around it for tonight!

Yeah, can’t wait. Can’t wait to see Atiba anchoring that midfield of killers. We finally have a great team, and he’s always been there even when things were bleak.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, if I didn’t already have local travel plans this weekend and next I’d have flown out to TO to watch this. Hope our supporters are our supporters!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so I was on my morning walk to visit the coffee girls, and could not wipe the grin off my face. So much I passed a bird, and she smiled back! fcuk me, if I could go back and tell my younger self to smile more???

Anyways, I was thinking that I haven't been this excited for any game since the 2002 Olympic Men's hockey final. I'm that excited.

Just listened to the Richie Laryea interview and now onto the Alistair Johnston interview. His is rad, he reminds me of....well, guys like us that just grew up loving to play! The whole "skipping the sleepovers" thing, that was me. I was so excited to play on Saturday mornings I stayed home on Friday nights instead of going to friends places to eat potato chips and watch Knight Rider!
Kristian Jack is putting out some great content, and that site has some great content beyond his. Any fan of Canadian footy should check it out.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm seeing SportsNet online indicating they are showing the match tomorrow - anyone else hear of anything on this?

1630513407800.png

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so I was on my morning walk to visit the coffee girls, and could not wipe the grin off my face. So much I passed a bird, and she smiled back! fcuk me, if I could go back and tell my younger self to smile more???

Anyways, I was thinking that I haven't been this excited for any game since the 2002 Olympic Men's hockey final. I'm that excited.

Just listened to the Richie Laryea interview and now onto the Alistair Johnston interview. His is rad, he reminds me of....well, guys like us that just grew up loving to play! The whole "skipping the sleepovers" thing, that was me. I was so excited to play on Saturday mornings I stayed home on Friday nights instead of going to friends places to eat potato chips and watch Knight Rider!
Kristian Jack is putting out some great content, and that site has some great content beyond his. Any fan of Canadian footy should check it out.

Ah yes, KJ...

"I'll tell you one guy Belgium can't expect to get anything out of today... Marouane Fellaini"

*scores only goal of match

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
September 2021
Canada vs. Honduras – Thursday, Sept. 2
United States vs. Canada – Sunday, Sept. 5
Canada vs. El Salvador – Wednesday, Sept. 8

What's everyone's starting 11?

I think coming out with a win is critical, so going w/ my best.

Keeper: MB
Back three: Johnston / Atiba (c) / Miller
Wingbacks: TB / Phonzie
Centre Midfield: Estaquio / MAK
Strikers: Larin / Osorio / David

Vittoria will factor into this run, I'd have him in Sunday vs. USA.

As much as it kills me to write this, I rotate the squad on Sunday, and let Herdman do his best Ted Talk motivational speech for the guys coming in. Save your best 11 for the two home matches, we need minimum 6 pts of this, 7 or 9 would be great but anything above 6 is gravy.

If our "B" team can get keep the game close into the 70th minute, then bring on the daggers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atiba as CB? Stop smoking dope.

One of at least Vitoria / Kennedy will be in the starting 11.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Smoking GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atiba as CB? Stop smoking dope.

One of at least Vitoria / Kennedy will be in the starting 11.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Smoking GIF
I take gummies, you old fart.

He's done it before, and he's simply a better player.

So, is he in as a replacement for MAK?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he is in the starting 11, then yeah, I see him sitting in front of the backline.

Honestly, I think it comes down to what Herdman is thinking for rotation during these 3 games (if any).

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm seeing SportsNet online indicating they are showing the match tomorrow - anyone else hear of anything on this?

View attachment 31395
I'm not seeing that on Sportsnet's schedule any longer. It would be great, but I doubt it. Maybe they picked up the radio rights and an over-eager web content intern got carried away and put it on the TV Schedule briefly??

Looking forward to not having to listen to Wheeler on Sunday. FYI looks like the USA game is on TSN4 with a pregame show and all. (TSN 1 joins post CFL...).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0