Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT had a five yard head start and still got beaten for pace by Piette on that goal... the thing that really gets me is that every week the announcers complain about the other team bossing the middle of the park, yet keep gushing about RT and his work rate... bizarre that they can't see the issue. Baldy is a good prospect but he makes Teibert look 6'5; those two and Owusu in the middle is just asking for trouble.

Victor Wanyama is a player... Taider looked dangerous every time the ball got near him... that's what you spend DP money on... not strikers who pick up more yellows than goals and left backs who have a shocker and then hit the stands...

Seriously... both DP's threw tantrums last night and somehow MDS is still the manager... between that and RT running the room it's no wonder things are a shambles... short on talent, short on chemistry... yuck.

Just before the Bair goal, three of the four guys in my group chat said, simultaneously, "wtf... through ball with numbers forward, and it ends up with our keeper???"... it ended up working that one time, but how many times have they done that already this year? Both strikers were calling for it - what's the worst that's gonna happen if you whip it in with both thugs ready to get on the end of it???

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT reminds me of Dude playing at the local FVSL Premier level. Good effort, runs around like a spaz, sometimes adequate fill-in guy and can (debatable) be a bit of a Swiss Army Knife. Poaches the odd goal when the full moon aligns with Mars. At least Dude could tackle, win a header or two, and was way better in the room, but I digress. RT should not be starting. I’m sick of saying this.

Owusu was supposed to be out #8 in the middle; a good ball winner who springs the attack. Was supposed to be like Laba, but better on the ball. He’s not even close. I had high hopes. That being said, let’s now look to a reason why he was was off his game…even Robo would not have slotted Laba on the wing. Even Robo wasn’t that desperate or stupid.

They have to keep playing Baldi, he’s one bring light, has potential, and can only improve. Pair him with a destroyer, like Davie Norman. Oh, wait. No, like ….. ? For now, put Owusu in there with implicit instructions to play the animal role and give the ball to Baldi or your wingers. He’s there strictly to break up attacks, don’t veer too far from that.

This squad, at it’s very best, has holes. Here’s what I’d do tomorrow, with notes on Improvement needed.

Bair- playing high ** (Monterro)
Ricketts- Freedom to roam ** (Raposo)

Adnan Baldi Milinković (Dájome)
Owusu* (Reyna)

Gutiérrez*** Veselinović*** / Godoy* (Cornelius) Nerwinski*

Hassal**

*Need an upgrade

**Adequate depth, 3rd string

***TBA

If the subs gets so far as down to Cornelius, it’s all over.

That’s 8/11 players I feel are not MLS level. Cava is, Crepeau is. Potentially down to 6/11, still not good enough. This is me trying to be optimistic w/ what we have, BTW. This addresses only starters, not even good depth. We need at least 11 quality starters, and I'd say 5-6 behind them that are of 1B caliber.

Last edited:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the thing that really gets me is that every week the announcers complain about the other team bossing the middle of the park, yet keep gushing about RT and his work rate... bizarre that they can't see the issue.

The midfield will be even worse without RT imo.

Victor Wanyama is a player... Taider looked dangerous every time the ball got near him... that's what you spend DP money on...

Decent players although Wanyama is starting to look his age. Montreal has a history of attracting quality players. Nesta, Drogba, Di Viao, Piatti, Ciman when he was good. etc.
Even Bojan who is on the bench...is he injured?

RT reminds me of Dude playing at the local FVSL Premier level.

Never heard of him. :p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The midfield will be even worse without RT imo.

Decent players although Wanyama is starting to look his age. Montreal has a history of attracting quality players. Nesta, Drogba, Di Viao, Piatti, Ciman when he was good. etc.
Even Bojan who is on the bench...is he injured?

Never heard of him. :p

It really can't get much worse. So, remove him entirely, put players in their proper positions. There are better wingers on this squad than him. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can argue that he should be playing ahead of Baldi at this point. Three game sample is enough to tell. Owussu has been a disaster, still a better player than RT. Bikel, likely as well. In an attacking position, I can name 3-4 players better than RT.

Your last point only proves you are on crack. That guy saved Langley.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course RT is not quality MLS player let alone be a captain. Do you guys watch Euro games or other soccer games. So many good players in c mid positions that what we have is laughable. Both him and Owusu have not advanced (with the ball) more than 10m once this season. Its always touch, ball back. I think we are in trouble. Quality is low, simple as that. I do like young LB and would play him a lot more. Baldi is an upgrade but needs to push his conditioning. Remember Young pyo lee as right back. Boy he is way better than godoy who is playing so bad as well. The striker needs to concentrate on scoring and less on putting body on people. You are playing soccer and not hockey. This is why Ibra is good still at 40. When he gets a chance he scores. Do the same Cava. Concentrate on scoring and less on hitting.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying RT is better than both Baldi and Owusu but I would pick him before those two as it stands. Actually, RT is better than Owusu. Just watch Owusu run...he's so jittery it looks like he's had 4 pots of coffee before the game. And his giveaways are of the "can't make a 5 yard pass" variety. Someone in that stupid midfield has to do the hard work and RT is the best out of those three at that...having said that, getting "stuck in" isn't RT's game. From what I've seen Baldi has a good mind for spreading the ball and going forward however his positioning can be a liability and he doesn't have the fitness to recover.

Do you guys watch Euro games or other soccer games.

I only watch MLS and FVSL :p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course RT is not quality MLS player let alone be a captain. Do you guys watch Euro games or other soccer games. So many good players in c mid positions that what we have is laughable. Both him and Owusu have not advanced (with the ball) more than 10m once this season. Its always touch, ball back. I think we are in trouble. Quality is low, simple as that. I do like young LB and would play him a lot more. Baldi is an upgrade but needs to push his conditioning. Remember Young pyo lee as right back. Boy he is way better than godoy who is playing so bad as well. The striker needs to concentrate on scoring and less on putting body on people. You are playing soccer and not hockey. This is why Ibra is good still at 40. When he gets a chance he scores. Do the same Cava. Concentrate on scoring and less on hitting.

WTF happens to guys when they get here? He had a pretty decent pedigree from Mexico, no? A pretty decent league, no? So what happens when he gets here and it goes to shite? Swear, Ibra could come here and he'd dry up, too. I don't get it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying RT is better than both Baldi and Owusu but I would pick him before those two as it stands. Actually, RT is better than Owusu. Just watch Owusu run...he's so jittery it looks like he's had 4 pots of coffee before the game. And his giveaways are of the "can't make a 5 yard pass" variety. Someone in that stupid midfield has to do the hard work and RT is the best out of those three at that...having said that, getting "stuck in" isn't RT's game. From what I've seen Baldi has a good mind for spreading the ball and going forward however his positioning can be a liability and he doesn't have the fitness to recover.

I only watch MLS and FVSL :p

Crack. You are on crack. You are picking RT because of his fitness over a young CMF who has a mind to attack, gets stuck in, and actually IS way better positionally than RT.

Schaad? Is that you? FFS, give me strength. @mtkb , your thoughts, sir?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crack. You are on crack. You are picking RT because of his fitness over a young CMF who has a mind to attack, gets stuck in, and actually IS way better positionally than RT.

Schaad? Is that you? FFS, give me strength. @mtkb , your thoughts, sir?

I just think they have different skill sets and don't play the same style and in this team I'd pick RT over Baldi right now. Just wait until we play a team with pace and ball possession.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddy, it's not even CLOSE. Baldi is a better player right fcuking now than RT has ever been, and he's three matches in. It's not even remotely close.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk.

I hate having to explain things to grown men, supposedly smart men, guys with football acumen, who should get it.

You start Baldi over RT no matter what. Even if they were equally capable (they aren't), you start the kid because he represents the future, and YOU HAVE NO THER OPTIONS!

Why are you trying to wind me up?

Oh, forgot the name of the site.

Well played, @machel . Well played.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Baldi over RT in my books. RT would look better if he just shadowed his man and never touched the ball.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TFC is a completely different beast with Bradley and Altidore in the team. Which is why we got spanked the first two games against them. 3rd game no Bradley no Alitdore. Ciman also played the 3rd game so there's always a chance to score when he's on the pitch. lol
I have no doubt Baldi is the future but play Baldi, Owusu and Raposo(or whoever) in the middle against Seattle, LAFC, Portland and see what happens.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddy, it's not even CLOSE. Baldi is a better player right fcuking now than RT has ever been, and he's three matches in. It's not even remotely close.

Do you think Baldi makes the National team based on those fcuking performances? RT rightfully made the team 2-3 years back and played really well back then. I wouldn't pick him now for the national team tho.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think Baldi makes the National team based on those fcuking performances? RT rightfully made the team 2-3 years back and played really well back then. I wouldn't pick him now for the national team tho.

He made the team more out of lack of competition.

"I have no doubt Baldi is the future but play Baldi, Owusu and Raposo(or whoever) in the middle against Seattle, LAFC, Portland and see what happens."

As opposed to RT, Owusu and Raposo(or whoever)?

The result is still a loss. Why? Because RT doesn't actually help you win. Baldi may actually help you score a goal. RT isn't shutting anyone down. He's not helping them score. He's not actually bossing the midfield. So, if the likely result is a loss, why would you bother investing one more minute into a guy that has no future with the club, as opposed to a guy with more upside?

Am I on candid camera right now?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Happy to make a bet right now: inside 6 months, Baldi will be selected.

When I win, you will acknowledge, every post on TTP, "Dude knows all, I know nothing.". One year.

You win, and I will change my avatar to Cobra Kai. One year.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because we still need guys that can come in to the game off of the bench and do a job...whatever that may be. We need depth and RT is more than good enough to be a depth player now or down the road.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy to make a bet right now: inside 6 months, Baldi will be selected.

When I win, you will acknowledge, every post on TTP, "Dude knows all, I know nothing.". One year.

You win, and I will change my avatar to Cobra Kai. One year.

lol!
He has to play of course and in a qualifier, game of importance, not a meaningless game. At least 15 minutes.
:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol!
He has to play of course and in a qualifier, game of importance, not a meaningless game. At least 15 minutes.
:)
No, he doesn't. Selection was your criteria. He won't start, the starters are too good. But I'll sweeten the pot: Baldi will earn selection, while RT will not. CCB AZAD as your avatar if I'm wrong, which I won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0