Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Canucks4Ever is the guy who should get a press pass from "here", I didn't even know there was a game Friday night until the game was almost over :rolleyes:

Thank God as judging from the posts here, I saved myself 2 hours of torture.

Regs, you have no idea. A day spent hopping around to a bunch of local Provincial matches would be far more entertaining, and done for gas money and $2.50 cooler pints.

@GoF, any chance you can get @Canucks4Ever a pass representing you and TTP? Honestly, this club and manager needs more than one or two of you guys who actually ask tough questions. Read the article this morning from the latest Province knob gobbler, and wanted to use the page to clean myself after a solid morning deuce.

Reactions: GoF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your gonna kick and run, play Davies up top. Yes I'm drunk but it takes ether to stay in the stands. Fine give the points away, but at least entertain. # Attack like Klopp, go ahead and fail but fail well. Lost patience....

Even this would be more creative and yield more that Robo ball tactics. Go back to U-10 tactics, kick it high and far to fast Johnny and hopefully he scores.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My problem with Teibert is that he isn't good enough. At his best he doesn't hurt them. At his worst he kills them. That's not helpful.

Sometimes you need a player who just does the job and doesn't hurt the team. Trust me, if he's been shite this year then I'd have no problem calling him out. For me he doesn't do enough to be shite and that's a good thing imo.

Sidebar: Torres looks likely to be heading to MLS after the season in Europe finishes. Shockingly the Whitecaps are not in the hunt to sign him... Who needs big name players?

Signing him would do much to restore faith in the club. Probably not gonna happen.

There's a few other players that may be available like Balotelli and Ben Arfa. Balotelli can still get the job done and he may be looking for a new club as even Chicago has been inquiring. Ben Arfa hasn't gotten a sniff at PSG for two years and he's bid farewell to the fans last week. Both players may have a couple screws loose though. lol

For MLS players, I'd like a solid attacking playmaker because no matter who you have as strikers they will be useless with out service. We missed out on Kljestan and his 16 assists in the off season. How about another look at Lee Nguyen?...currently holding out for a better contract and coach Friedl is locking him out in the cold.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way is Davies a target man or a solo striker. Back to net, I don’t see him holding up balls and bringing his team up the field.
Hurtado can actually hold a ball up. But doesn’t really create much or score. And not the tallest guy to win the aerial battles.

Perhaps Robo is trying to show ownership, this is what we have. You guys don’t want to spend money, well this is the line up. I’m sure he would have loved to keep Parker, but the club won’t pay what he was asking.

Without Kamara, we are a shadow of the team we could be.

Russel can break up plays and make a decent short ball outlet pass, but not one to look at for breaking lines and being creative.

I don’t think the depth is there. You miss a couple key starters in key roles and it seems to go downhill.

Look what one bonafied signing/big man in Kamara does for the team. And also Blondel injured. Imagine if we had 3 bonafied signings.

Reyna had a great debut. And some other flashes of brilliance but where has he been since? I wouldn’t have taken him back after the off season drama at his house party.

Can I say some guys are just too small?
Im over Techera. Have been for a while. Doesn’t do much at all. He is not fast, strong, or deceptive. He doesn’t take guys on, and when he does he gets rubbed off the ball to easy as he is soooo small. Sure he has a nice free kick.
You put Felipe, Techera, and Reyna on the field and it’s a mini’s camp.

I rather see Shea and Davies on the wings. Some size and pace. Or maybe those two up top together would have worked as Shea can win the headers with Davies running off him. If we wanted to play direct at times....

All in all. We simply don’t have the high end pieces. And a 17 year old being striker by himself when you need to play back to net for 85% if the game is not the answer. At all.
He needs to be on the ball, facing forward. Not being hacked from behind. Robo did well for not doing that. Target man is the toughest position in football with the fouls from the back etc. You need to have some weight or strength there which at least Hurtado does have.

Go caps.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He couldn't even on the field for a team that just got thumped 4-0 in a league that that is far below MLS standards :rolleyes:

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to that post game presser...
"Ya Carl, Canucks4Ever from TakeThePiss.com: Seriously, the fcuk are you doing?"

Make sure Lenarduzzi spells my name right on my credentials; it's Canucks4Ever with a capital "E" :cool:

Didn't the Jeff O'Neil show get press passes during the playoff run years back in Chicago and immediately had them revoked after the first Chicago game? Couldn't be worse than that. I'm pretty sure the only press I can find/read about the caps is written by the caps own media guy.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't the Jeff O'Neil show get press passes during the playoff run years back in Chicago and immediately had them revoked after the first Chicago game? Couldn't be worse than that. I'm pretty sure the only press I can find/read about the caps is written by the caps own media guy.
One of us would ask questions that the club wouldn’t want to answer. Make them look more foolish than they already do

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Davies up front shout is purely out of frustration.

Honestly, I would have moved him into the AM as a false 9, and instructed Hurtado to do his bull in China shop routine and start chasing down anything in the last 3rd. Pressure pressure pressure. Force mistakes and open up space. Solid plan in the absence of a true quality striker, play to his main strength.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

@GoF at after.ca does a nice pice of writing but seems to be too critical for the feel good papers to pick up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d bring Kenny back, if he wanted that is. He may like the environment in the dressing room better now; apparently Juarez has really made an impact there and the tone is much more professional. Guys are no longer happy to go party after a loss.

If Laura could manage to keep her twatting to non football maters, Kenny would be great to have on the bench for situations just like Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0