Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This really isn't rocket science... how many strikers have been through here under Robbo and absolutely been starved for service? At some point it's the gameplan not the players... You're asking a 33 year old with a tight groin to do 90 minutes worth of interval sprints on artificial turf, and wondering why things aren't working... I love the effort and professionalism I've seen out of Kamara thus far, but just like with Kenny Miller, you're asking him to play in a system that really minimizes his abilities...

Seriously.. if you just won't change your kick and run mentality, then go get Boateng from the Galaxy once Zlatan dains to arrive, and call it a day...

They've got Techera, Juarez, Shea, and Martins all on relatively big dough, and I can't imagine Mutch showed up for less than well into six figures... and is anyone else more than a bit concerned that their Venezuelan DP can't get off the bench?

This pretty much.

For me, the missing / broken piece was Reyna. He had some moments, but that service needs to be through him, and he was invisible for too much of the match.

Kamara...love his effort and work rate. Absolutely agree 100%, and agree that the load needs to be shared w/ Blondel, my worry is that Blondel doesn't YET seem to be a striker that can play on an island, while Kamara can.

Hoping Mutch gets the nod as the #10 this weekend and Reyna can watch, see if Mutch can be the link man.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice debut... however, despite the announcers gushing about him leaving the first ball and not getting involved from an offside position, he was offside as well on the cross! Where was VAR here?

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/m...-la-galaxy-vs-los-angeles-football-club/recap - around the 3:30 mark shows the best replay

100% what I thought. He looked off in real time and replay confirmed. Look I am not a fan of VAR but I accept that we need it to get the big decisions right and hope the execution will improve as we continue to use and get used to it.

Nobody wants to see this goal chalked off, save for likely some LAFC fans, as these are the magic moments that make football the greatest game on the planet. However, fcuk me, if this is not what VAR was brought in for, then why do we have it? That missed call has literally cost LAFC two points.

Sidebar, nice win for the Caps; good road performances are starting to become a theme for this group.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the same shite different pile for the whitecaps....outshot 2:1 ratio...outpossessed 2:1 ratio....the only way this crap improves is when Robinson is shitcanned....painful to watch

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else tired of seeing Robinson’s face on camera having a moan about every call to the 4th official? Drives me nuts.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else tired of seeing Robinson’s face on camera having a moan about every call to the 4th official? Drives me nuts.
When the players see that he does that, they feel obliged to do it on the field also.
It shows lack of discipline & we wonder why they get so many red & yellow cards.
He should be setting an example by his actions.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the players see that he does that, they feel obliged to do it on the field also.
It shows lack of discipline & we wonder why they get so many red & yellow cards.
He should be setting an example by his actions.

Or just pick your moments when it’s beneficial and needed. Ears get closed real quick when it’s very whistle.

What did he absolutely have to say to the ref on Davies called back goal that was the right call?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
100% what I thought. He looked off in real time and replay confirmed. Look I am not a fan of VAR but I accept that we need it to get the big decisions right and hope the execution will improve as we continue to use and get used to it.

Nobody wants to see this goal chalked off, save for likely some LAFC fans, as these are the magic moments that make football the greatest game on the planet. However, fcuk me, if this is not what VAR was brought in for, then why do we have it? That missed call has literally cost LAFC two points.

Sidebar, nice win for the Caps; good road performances are starting to become a theme for this group.

I just watched the second goal...I don’t think he’s offside @Regs @Canucks4Ever

He’s definitely behind the defenders but he’s inline with the ball imo.

Attachments

• 046292CF-DE61-458E-A0E9-3EA1A82E6BF5.jpeg
    046292CF-DE61-458E-A0E9-3EA1A82E6BF5.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 19

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice debut... however, despite the announcers gushing about him leaving the first ball and not getting involved from an offside position, he was offside as well on the cross! Where was VAR here?

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/m...-la-galaxy-vs-los-angeles-football-club/recap - around the 3:30 mark shows the best replay

Onside.

What a debut and I can't get over his first strike. Man I wished I watched this match instead of the Caps. The Caps second half was nice, and even the Fonzie handball was fun (but yeah, they got it right), and Kai's finish...but 4-3 and a brace by Zlatan? What a storyline, all but one goal was really nice in the match. Looked awesome, makes me want to make a road trip for the next El Trafico.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like he's still doing what he does best but for Sporting this year. Just scored against Atletico Madrid, this time last year he's scoring against MLS competition. haha.
Did he leave on good terms here? It wasn't like the Camilo ordeal was it?

Attachments

• montero sporting .png
    montero sporting .png
    370.8 KB · Views: 18
  • montero sporting .png
    montero sporting .png
    370.8 KB · Views: 17

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's crazy is I think we actually upgraded at striker this year. Kamara isn't as good a poacher as Montero, but he's better off the ball, better in the air, better causing problems.

Montero paired would Kamara would have been something....

He left on good terms, basically, the loan deal ran out, and to buy out the loan was more than the Caps wanted to spend. Nutshell, others can correct me if wrong.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@machel the story was that he was still under contract with his Chinese team, and Caps didn't want to pay the transfer fee.

Weird thing is now he shows as a "free transfer" to Sporting *shrug*

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A free transfer to Sporting would be a kick in the nards.

@Dude, I think they both have strong attributes that the other doesn't possess. I agree that playing them together would have been a nightmare for opposition. Kamara loves to run/hunt/win the ball still and that type of player would have complimented Montero quite well. Hopefully Hurtado can learn a few things from Kei!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Hurtado is what he is now and he’s not going to improve significantly. What young players can take away from him is his work rate. That’s one think Hurtado doesn’t lack.

Yeah, sure would have been nice! Hard to watch the success TO is having with three stud key pieces and the rest of the roster no better than ours....but that is the difference quality in core spots makes.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was tough to watch last night.
I don’t know who’s off their feet more in a game...Filipe or Kyle Wellwood. Seriously. Haha
Dude dives so much that it’s starting to irritate me.

Techera had a frustrating game and was lucky not to get sent off with that stupid late challenge. Hope he starts picking it up soon. Nice to see Reyna get in the game.

Just a stumble last night I hope!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are way too kind.

Bad managing last night. Terrible tactics. Hump and run. Poor player performances all over the pitch. Could go on and on and on but bottom line Robo needs the sack.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was fcuking rubbish and the caps deserved the boos they got as they left the field.

Brutal managing, brutal tactics, no creativity, shite even an FVSL premier team would’ve beaten the Vancouver boys last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0