Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this post as personally it was how I felt when playing in open - I wanted to play with/against the best. Guys getting free gear, jobs, whatever - who the fcuk cares... it was the competition that made everyone better and the overall "experience" what it was. Fcuk me, back in the day, EVERY team in the VMSL had guys who played CSL / A-League in the Summer... we lost 6 STARTERS during BC Cup runs in the mid-90s.

Peg and Club I paid all player fees and team gear. There were also the occasional team round paid for players. Would these pussies in charge today protest over that?

Probably :rolleyes:
This is not the same @Regs than your experience.

Would you have played for a team that was receiving funds from people associated dictatorial regimes with the likes of Saddam Hussein and other figures who were committing human rights abuses?
Would your conscience will let you sleep knowing that your face, shirt, and play would be used for propaganda purposes of those regimes?
This is not Micro Footie and it is fun that I wear a shirt that represents Norway, Spain, Ivory Coast or Argentina.

When you are putting that shirt and your supporting them you are supporting one of the most horrible and oppressive political regimes in the world. I guess this does not bother the people that run Rinos.

This is nothing like your experience @Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, @Soccer Coach - it’s Lance Armstrong, they all cheated, it was an even playing field.

Your argument will be that the VMSL / FVSL / VISL is not an even playing field due to the backdoor payments. Fair argument. That said, I just don’t care enough to get wound up.

Your argument / position on the alleged funding coming in from political organizations tied to extremist Muslims....all I can say is there are dicks everywhere. Best to try not to be associate with dicks. See Life Rule #1.

This year is likely the last year we see the Provincials as we do now. 12 months from now this landscape and format will be a shell of what it has been and is now. I’d suggest the powers that be in the leagues get their heads out of their asses and figure out a way to jump on board the train that’s coming lest be buried by it.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now you are saying you are against them because of the political regime of the country....but it would be ok if I win the lottery and decide to put a side together....don't really think anyone in Saudi Arabia takes pride in the fact they have a team in the VMSL

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now you are saying you are against them because of the political regime of the country....but it would be ok if I win the lottery and decide to put a side together....don't really think anyone in Saudi Arabia takes pride in the fact they have a team in the VMSL
I appreciate your reply. The situation is quite different.
If you win the lottery and decide to support soccer.
a) If you want to pay players, then you can buy a professional or semi-professional team. You are free to do this and it would be great. It would not be okey for you to set up shop and compete in an AMATEUR league and an AMATEUR provincial competition and pay players. This would not be appropriate and contrary to the purpose of the league and provincial championship.

b) You would not be using your team as a distraction for propaganda purposes and to distract from human right abuses.
I do not know how people in Saudi Arabia feel about the Tigers but they have been promoted in State Run TV and they have created numerous social media propaganda items.
If you would be using your team for political or religious propaganda, then you would be doing something incorrect and contrary to the purposes of the league and competitions.
Here in Canada soccer is not an instrument of political and religious propaganda.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach...you are missing the point, whilst I appreciate the political situation in Saudi Arabia, and your opinion that this is the BC provincial amateur cup etc etc.....its just not happening, do you really think that every player left in the open A cup is not receiving any kind of reward....cash, subs, beer, boots etc etc because if you do then as a "soccer coach" you must have been in the lower leagues....this is not an anti Saudi forum, you cannot have a rule saying both teams have broke the rule but we are only getting rid of team " A " because their money is bad....whatever these teams did, they have obviously done it all year.....no problems from either FVSL or VMSL.....then in supposedly the showpiece tournament we have this circus.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 half time in South Surrey. Coastal down to 10 as Isaac was shown straight red for a horror show challenge on Fink in goal for Inter right before the break.

Tempers starting to flair now after a fairly sporting start...

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach so let me understand this right. You are against paying players because this is an amateur league but then weren't you getting paid as a technical director at campo and wasn't campo paying players as well under your watch?? How is that any different??

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, @Soccer CoachYour argument will be that the VMSL / FVSL / VISL is not an even playing field due to the backdoor payments. Fair argument. That said, I just don’t care enough to get wound up.

THIS ^^^

Fcuking exhausting... Does anyone want to talk footy?

The leagues aren't perfect, they are also run by volunteers with day jobs. Tigers have, it seems, passed a tipping point now and it looks like the league and governing body will have a lot of heavy lifting to do to sort this out. When the dust settles we can all debrief and discuss how it was handled etc. The point about Tigers has been made, the question asked and answered.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cowichan 2-1 over Nanaimo..after extra time..not a bad game, lots of effort....Nanaimo have disallowed offside goal with 1 minute remaining. Don't know where the ref was from but he certainly let them play....a little too much at times, but on a wet and cold afternoon Cowichan just about deserved the win, just!!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this post as personally it was how I felt when playing in open - I wanted to play with/against the best. Guys getting free gear, jobs, whatever - who the fcuk cares... it was the competition that made everyone better and the overall "experience" what it was. Fcuk me, back in the day, EVERY team in the VMSL had guys who played CSL / A-League in the Summer... we lost 6 STARTERS during BC Cup runs in the mid-90s.

Peg and Club I paid all player fees and team gear. There were also the occasional team round paid for players. Would these pussies in charge today protest over that?

Probably :rolleyes:

Club I wouldn't of, but I can only speak from '00 onwards. Not that it matters any...

Staying on topic, good luck to the clubs legitamitely still involved in the competition!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach...you are missing the point, whilst I appreciate the political situation in Saudi Arabia, and your opinion that this is the BC provincial amateur cup etc etc.....its just not happening, do you really think that every player left in the open A cup is not receiving any kind of reward....cash, subs, beer, boots etc etc because if you do then as a "soccer coach" you must have been in the lower leagues....this is not an anti Saudi forum, you cannot have a rule saying both teams have broke the rule but we are only getting rid of team " A " because their money is bad....whatever these teams did, they have obviously done it all year.....no problems from either FVSL or VMSL.....then in supposedly the showpiece tournament we have this circus.

@forest1979,
I do appreciate your point and that you are trying to argue the issue in a respectful way.
a) "....whatever these teams did, they have obviously done it all year..."
Yes, this is exactly the problem. They have not only been doing it for this year. They have been doing it for more than 5 years now. The VMSL has allowed them to run this circus. We have been telling them of the problem, but they never took it seriously. Paying players, having huge rosters, recycling players like puppets. Finally someone in BC Soccer or the CSA has done its due diligence.

@Canucks4Ever points out that they are just volunteers that have other jobs and not really qualified to run a league like this. He is correct and I agree with this. The top amateur leagues in the region should be run by BC Soccer directly or by a PROFESSIONAL independent agency.

It should not be run like a mom and pop business operation.

The players, coaches, referees and future generations deserve something much better than the current situation.

I know that people are confused and puzzled. They are simply experiencing what it should have done since the beginning.

As for the definitions of "amateur", "professional" and the procedures to jump from one to another, I do not make them. FIFA is very clear on them.
You can read them and decide for yourself if the teams that you belonged to were breaking the rules or not. I do not make these rules or laws.

@lego3 , No I did not pay players. I only gave once $20 to a player who ran out of gas and need to get back into town after a long ride with the expectation of returning the money. I know some players wanted to get paid and some did before in Campobasso, but not under my time. This was always a source of contention.

============================
Amateur Definition of the FIFA
Article 1. Players of a National Association affiliated to FIFA are professionals, non amateurs or amateurs.

Article 2. Players who have taken part in a football match or training session and who have been refunded only their actual expenses for travel, necessary maintenance and hotel charges. and those who. in special cases, have been specifically authorized by their National Association to receive expenses for equipment and insurance against accidents during play and whilst travelling are considered to be amateur players.

Article 3. Those who take part in matches under the jurisdiction of their National Association and receive an allowance for wages lost may also be considered to be amateur players. Such allowance must be an equitable proportion of the actual wages of the player which have been lost.

Article 4. Each player must sign a receipt for all money received and allowed by clauses 2 and 3 of this Article.

Article 5. Players who receive regular wages, payments for playing, bonuses, salaries, payments on account, or any other allowances, other than those mentioned in paras. 2 and 3 of this Article, or who have only an apparent, fictitious or sham employment or profession, are considered to be professionals or non amateurs. Under no circumstances are such players allowed to take part in the Olympic Games or any competition, arranged by FIFA, restricted to amateur players only.

Article 6. Professional and non-amateur players, referred to in paras. 1–5 above, must appear in an official register compiled by and kept up-to-date by the National 12 13 Association concerned. The Association is responsible for this and must take the requisite steps to ensure its regular official publication ; on request this register must be held at the disposal of the FIFA to be inspected by it at the headquarters of the Association concerned.

Article 7. An amateur player who contravenes the regulations specified in this statute shall be immediately registered in the register mentioned in para. 6 as a professional or non-amateur player.

Article 8. A professional or non-amateur player may be re-instated as an amateur by his National Association, but cannot, under any circumstances, again take part in the Olympic Games or any competition arranged by FIFA restricted to amateurs.

Article 9. The Executive Committee, upon the proposal of the « Status of the Player » Commission, will make definite decisions respecting all infringements of the arrangements of this Article.

Ps. there might be more current laws but the geist has not changed.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus christ this horse is dead fellas quit kicking it while it's down .can we move on. They are out, fine, aldergrove is out, fine. Let's keep going or start a new thread called "my posts will be over 9 paragraphs long" and u can all post your long winded stories there. I wanna know scores and game details not some yadda bull shite about bc soccer and the last 5 years. fcuk grab a tissue on the way out and start a new thread. Just trying to stir pot .

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus christ this horse is dead fellas quit kicking it while it's down .can we move on. They are out, fine, aldergrove is out, fine. Let's keep going or start a new thread called "my posts will be over 9 paragraphs long" and u can all post your long winded stories there. I wanna know scores and game details not some yadda bull shite about bc soccer and the last 5 years. fcuk grab a tissue on the way out and start a new thread. Just trying to stir pot .

Agree.

Points been made all around. Anything further belongs elsewhere, let's get ready for the semis with the teams still left!

Inter/Langley
Cowichan/Rovers Tigers

All VMSL final? Or will there be interlopers???

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree.

Points been made all around. Anything further belongs elsewhere, let's get ready for the semis with the teams still left!

Inter/Langley
Cowichan/Rovers Tigers

All VMSL final? Or will there be interlopers???
Ok. Sounds good.

I would like to see a Langley Vs Cowichan Final just for a change.

Ps. @Canucks4Ever : just make sure that the VMSL board gets it done right this time since you seem to be in the sphere of influence.
I will not mention the subject again and I am retiring from the TTP again.
Take care folks. Please say hello to @SmartCoach and @dezza .

@Regs : where I should send the bottles of Tequila....

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
To my place please.

:wa:
Ok. I know @trece verde, so I will give them to him, and he can pass the tequila to some of you.
I am really happy that these cheaters were finally caught. I just feel bad for all the teams that lost cups and competitions to them. They have robbed legitimate teams and players of special moments. If you also think about it, they have abused our resources, because our taxes go to play fields, tournaments, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0