Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Provincial Election

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder how the Comox riding will play out once the absentee votes come in.

NDP leads by 9 votes, but I heard that there is a a bunch of military base vote that has not been counted and you would think that would go Liberal.

May be enough to get them the 44 seats but then again who knows. What a election I stayed up late watching it until I realized this was not going to be decided for a few weeks.

If the Libs do form a minority, then I think it will be short lived, maybe a year or so.

Always interesting to see how our province votes.

Interior Heavily Liberal.

Surrey Area NDP.(though does swing)

Burnaby NDP

East Van NDP

Westside Van Liberals

Sea to Sky area Liberals

Island outside of Victoria NDP

And Finally Victoria, which voted mostly Green And NDP

Say what you want we have a diverse province and unique areas and points of view based on where you live. Always make for a interesting election.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder how the Comox riding will play out once the absentee votes come in.

NDP leads by 9 votes, but I heard that there is a a bunch of military base vote that has not been counted and you would think that would go Liberal.

May be enough to get them the 44 seats but then again who knows. What a election I stayed up late watching it until I realized this was not going to be decided for a few weeks.

If the Libs do form a minority, then I think it will be short lived, maybe a year or so.

Always interesting to see how our province votes.

Interior Heavily Liberal.

Surrey Area NDP.(though does swing)

Burnaby NDP

East Van NDP

Westside Van Liberals

Sea to Sky area Liberals

Island outside of Victoria NDP

And Finally Victoria, which voted mostly Green And NDP

Say what you want we have a diverse province and unique areas and points of view based on where you live. Always make for a interesting election.

The voter Turnout still very disappointing . Should be fined or taxed for not voting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the Libs promised just that... capped at $500 a year.

Completely forgot about this. Goes to show that reducing or removing the bridge tolls weren't a priority for me at all. I'm OK w/ tolls, don't like the prices, but not worth an NDP vote for me. Transit (Light Rail to Valley, for example) is, and we need to find a way to pay for that. Need to replace the Pattullo. Can't do either for free, thus, NDP would raise taxes to cover it. Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@STD I missed that one! Good catch.

New West is NDP lock you can count those seats as won before the election even starts. Even with families moving East from Vancouver etc the ones moving to New West were still the same NDP supporters.

What may change going forward are NDP supporters in the City who have started moving out to some Suburbs that are traditional Liberal territory that will shift the vote to NDP. Pretty sure that played a part in Surrey and will continue to expand out to the Valley.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps- that may be, but I still think the bigger shift in the vote was simply the bridge tolls and the $400.00 rebate / year to renters.

You have to remember, a hell of a lot of small business owners live in the Valley, and that is not decreasing. The overall population is increasing in the valley, so it's basically becoming a shift in power bases and battle grounds.

Kinda like the Provincial Cup.

Last edited:

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps- that may be, but I still think the bigger shift in the vote was simply the bridge tolls and the $400.00 rebate / year to renters.

You have to remember, a hell of a lot of small business owners live in the Valley, and that is not decreasing. The overall population is increasing in the valley, so it's basically becoming a shift in power based and battle grounds.

Kinda like the Provincial Cup.

Federal Librals are removing yearly tax credits for public transportation
Which the conservatives brought in
This makes no sense
Gurps you could run in the soon be the next waste of money election
I was up all night watching as I had a wisdom tooth
Removed
I must it was like watching paint dry

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Federal Librals are removing yearly tax credits for public transportation
Which the conservatives brought in
This makes no sense
Gurps you could run in the soon be the next waste of money election
I was up all night watching as I had a wisdom tooth
Removed
I must it was like watching paint dry

I'd vote for Gurps.

Smart.

Good looking wife on his arm.

Able to appeal to the masses.

Devastatingly handsome, and can probably beat Justin Trudeau up the Grouse Grind, too.

Women want him, men want to be like him.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed the Richmond ridings as well...All Liberal and will stay that way.

When I was going to SFU, I did a major in Business and a minor in Political Science.

Going from a business class to a Poli Sci class was like entering a different world and vice versa.

I still remember we entered a team in the SFU indoor league and needed a goalie. A guy in my Poli Sci class who was pretty much a full on Hippy was telling me one class he played soccer his whole life grew up playing Keeper in East Van.

I signed him up.
When he came to our first game the guys were a little hesitant as he didnt look like a keeper.

He ended up being a excellent goalie.

A hippy goal keeper, only at SFU.

I lost contact with him wanted him to play winter for us.

Last time I saw him he was on Willington and Canada Way protesting by himself against Nike back in the early 2000's.

I did honk though as I drove by.....:D

Last edited:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
People from Richmond tend to embrace capitalism and the doctrine of earning your own way through competition and hard work, you get what you put in, and people get what they deserve.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am still half smart as still have 2 wisdom teeth left
The pain was excruciating
That's why I was up all night
Even though I was on Tylenol 3

Got all 4 of mine done at 16.
Yes even pollacks have wisdom teeth
Still remember the experience.
4 Valiums an hour before operation
My father carrying me into the operating room over his shoulders
Jewish dentist puts gas mask on me with Pink Floyd playing in the back ground.
Wake up with Pink Floyd still playing
Go out that night with friends
Drink and smoke
Wake up next morning with cheeks like a chipmunk
On to emergency to get syringe to suck out the fluid swelling
No School for a week
Good times!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mine...

All four teeth.

Knocked out, whatever the light version of an anesthetic is, woke up midway through w/ the doctor's foot on the bed, heaving out a tooth, more anesthetic.

Woke up w/ a mouth full of gauze. Mom got me home, and slept on the floor that night beside my bed, rolled me over every few hours to spit blood into a bucket.

That was Friday.

Spent Saturday taking drugs, laying on the couch, drinking shakes.

Sunday decided to play soccer, played against @sid's Northside Rangers. Scored our first goal, later suffered an elbow to the jaw on a header. Northside won 3-1.

Mouth got infected, later had to go back and have the infection lanced and fluids drained. Didn't eat solid foods for a month.

Then voted for Mike Harcout and his NDPs.

One of the worst months of my life for dumb decisions.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had 6 wisdom teeth, all pulled and played a game 18hours later high as a kite and face like a balloon. Played horrible but still take pride in it.
As for the election, bridge tolls played a roll in my vote. I feel $500 is fair, I pay over $1500 a year. To me that's ridiculous when the sea to sky is free and other bridges are being talked about as potentially toll free after they are built or refurbished: Make them all $1.50 and leave them on. I'm ok to pay $500 a year as I feel it's fair.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0