Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the second time I've seen the caps do this. We signed Lee Nguyen and then waived him before he even got a game in. A little bit different situation and at least we got something for Espindola. It would have been nice to see him play here though. So what other striking options are out there right now?

I think I remember Nguyen getting caught up in some pretty offensive twitter action prior to his being waived.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the second time I've seen the caps do this. We signed Lee Nguyen and then waived him before he even got a game in. A little bit different situation and at least we got something for Espindola. It would have been nice to see him play here though. So what other striking options are out there right now?

Hurtado of course o_O:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again...can someone explain to me why they aren't signing up someone from USL2? Kyle Greig seems at least to be an upgrade over Hurtado?

What don't I understand here (besides women)?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They need Barnes and more. They were pathetic today in Dallas. After trailing 2-0 at the 60 minute mark, the Caps failed to generate any scoring chances the rest of the game, despite making three substitutions. Offensively they perform poorly, and defensively they are conceding goals at an alarming rate. Caps have made lots of roster moves this year, however they are in danger of not making the playoffs.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garbage. Canucks 2.0. Cant watch a full game. Rather cut grass and build a fence. Robo is using his last get outta jail free card

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Formation? There didn't seem to be a formation through the whole line-up.

I will give the boys one pass- the heat and humidity was killer. Literally, killer. I know some of our guys have been used to playing in that in the past, but you become acclimatized to the environment you do the majority of your playing and training in. You can be the most well trained athlete on the planet; if you aren't acclimatized, you are behind the 8-ball. A couple of days in advance is not enough, and more than that is not possible.

It's obviously one of Dallas' big home pitch advantages. Just wait out the other team, eventually the heat and humidity will get to them.

All that said, the Caps lack of formation and wrong choice of personnel (again) let them down. This has to be the part where Waston takes a seat for Edgar, no? Wouldn't playing away today in T&T be the perfect time to get him in? Of all the Caps players, he'd surely have the most experience playing there....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roster for tonight:

WHITECAPS FC ROSTER - CCL GROUP STAGE MATCH 1
Goalkeepers (2): Marco Carducci, Spencer Richey
Defenders (9): Fraser Aird, Marcel de Jong, Sem de Wit, David Edgar, Pa-Modou Kah, Brett Levis, Tim Parker, Cole Seiler, Jordan Smith
Midfielders (8): Marco Bustos, Alphonso Davies, Kianz Froese, Andrew Jacobson, Ben McKendry, Nicolás Mezquida, Cristian Techera, Russell Teibert
Strikers (4): Kyle Greig, Erik Hurtado, Masato Kudo, Blas Pérez

Whatever happened to Flores?

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know where to stream if someone doesn't have a facebook account? Whitecaps.com just links you to fb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0